Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Song of the Gentle Wind ❯ Chapter 2: Three Aces and A Wildcard ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

TITLE: Song of the Gentle Wind

CHAPTER: Two

BY: Simply Kim

GENRE: Yaoi (Angst/Humor)

CAST: The guys from Weiß and Schwarz… who else? ^_^

DISCLAIMERS: The series I'm referring to do not belong to me… ^_^

* * *

CHAPTER 2: Three Aces and A Wildcard

"Ohayo Ran-kun!"

Fujimiya Ran turned at the unexpected sound of a familiar voice greeting him cheerfully upon his return to the dormitory. Without meaning to, his lips curved into an affectionate smile. He could not help it - the boy was just too adorable...

"Ohayo, Omi-chan..." He waited for the younger boy to catch up, his eyes twinkling a bit at the sight of the pout that marred the otherwise smiling lips. From what he had heard, he knew that the boy hated being treated like a child. "What are you doing here?"

"Ah!" The frowning lips were immediately wiped off as a happy smile replaced it. "I just helped my friends for the new entrants' briefing, and I was tired so I came home to sack out! Wait... have you seen our other dorm mates in there too? I assume you've gone to the auditorium..."

"Nope, I didn't see them... What are they like anyway? I really want to know, coz I haven't seen them all yet." Ran smiled ruefully. "And yeah, I did turn in, but I was late - I missed the freebies handed out before the program."

"Our dormers are one of the best in this university! They're pretty stable - one of the most stable, actually - mind-wise!" Omi declared in a haughty manner. Then, his eyes gleamed longingly. "Another thing... It's good that you didn't turn in early... they gave out a lot of Oreos - not exactly the best there is, coz Strawberry Pocky still tastes best!"

"Really?" He raised a perfectly shaped eyebrow and ruffled the boy's mop of honey-colored hair. "And you haven't changed much... still quite the nationalist, I see..." He teased, chuckling softly as he shook his head. "Still vying for Japanese treats."

"You should see him attack the Japanese sweets store near the university's back gates - he's going at it like -"

"He's going at it like a rabbit in heat."

"Yeah, he's going at it like rab - HENTAI!"

Ran watched in rapt fascination as a chocolate-haired guy bonked a taller blonde-haired one on the head with a huge paperweight.

"ITAI! Will you stop hitting me already? I just hit you once, and unintentionally at that, and still you continue on -"

"Mou... that's because, Youji, you speak like sex is the only thing in your mind!"

"But it IS one of the most prominent things in my mind!" The guy called Youji protested, trying to reason with the other boy.

"HENTAI!"

The cry started off another round of pummeling, and shouts of pain, as well as hate - coupled with embarrassment coming from the flustered Omi near Ran's shocked figure.

"Uh... Ken-kun... will you please stop pounding Youji-kun? You'll cause him extensive brain damage... uh... and you... both have a new guy watching you... go at it like rab-"

"Uh, Omi-kun... I don't think those were the right words to say..."

There was an alarmed look in Ran's lavender eyes as he took in the sudden lapse in Ken's pounding. The gap was long enough for the dark-haired guy to let the words sink in his head, his cheeks redden further, and glower at the poor blonde cowering in front of him. It took all forty seconds for him to do that before -

"What have you been teaching poor Omi-kun?" He raised a hand in preparation for a solid strike. "HENTAI!"

"But I didn't do anything!"

"HENTAI!"

Ran and Omi sweatdropped. They could not do anything but stare and wished divine intervention to help Youji get through the physical and verbal abuse.

"Uh... Ran-kun?"

"Eh?"

"Didn't I tell you a while ago that all people living here are stable mind-wise?"

Ran nodded, his eyes still focused in disbelief at the warring pair.

"I'm taking it back."

* * *

"You seemed to be having problems."

He sighed, and looked up, encountering dark inquisitive eyes. "Yeah…" murmured softly, suddenly feeling so idiotic. "I was having problems with the… umm… map." He wiggled a thick, colorful, and glossy brochure in the air.

Crawford took off his glasses and folded them neatly on the wooden encasement that was his piano as a slender hand pinched the bridge of his nose in weary countenance.

He could not concentrate.

His mind kept on repeating what had happened that afternoon.

I did not even know who he was...

He sighed, glaring at the sheets of his crappy composition leaning straight on the miniature stand attached to the front of the gigantic instrument. Once again, he positioned his fingers on the pale ivory keys, intending to make way for the completion of his sonata.

However, before he could push the Sol key, a vision of a pale-skinned and slender boy filtered into his psyche. Such heavenly features complete with thick strands of blood-red hair...

Crawford had not seen anything so beautiful in his whole life.

The beauty was not only physical - he knew... but also on the inside. He saw utter loss in those eyes - and confusion too - confusion that was not from the fact that he lost his way towards the auditorium.

The softness in those eyes amazed him most of all. All emotions were packed there - packed so tight that it was overflowing. At that time - when he looked into those eyes, he wanted to catch the falling emotions with his bare hands. He wanted to feel them too - twice as hard as every drop of emotion fall on his upturned palms...

He was becoming mushy.

With a soft chuckle, he shook his head, his raven locks moving sensually over the strong expanse of his slightly tanned neck. He focused on his piece once more - intent to find something that would further enhance what he knew would be a mellow overtone.

He was a pianist.

He should do his job - not obsessing over some random guy...

With a final sigh, he closed his eyes and let the music he created with his fingers carry him above the hills and into consciousness' azure skies.

* * *

It was finally confirmed.

Ran hated his alarm clock.

The clock jangles, jumping repeatedly on the rosewood stand as if to prove its point that Ran is a lazy bastard because he does not want to get up.

With an angry swipe, he sent his clock crashing against the cream-colored walls of his room, dead serious in murdering anyone who disturbed him of his much-needed sleep.

He opened one eye, curious as to how much damage was done on ANOTHER alarm clock, which he had just bought two days ago.

He groaned as his purple eyes caught sight of the tangle of springs that was once his beloved - and short-lived - mechanical contraption.

Great.

Now he had to go shop for another that would be 'crash-proof' to last him an entire lifetime. A waste of money.

He sighed.

THUMP. THUMP. THUMP.

"Fujimiya-sempai! Are you awake? We need to go downstairs for breakfast!"

Ran groaned, reluctantly getting up, his head aching a bit as the insistent knocking on the door turned impatient. "I'm up, I'm up..." He called out.

Unfortunately, his voice was not loud enough, and the knocking continued. His patience running short, he bounded over to the huge doors and opened it wide enough for the one knocking to realize that the one he had roused from sleep was now WIDE AWAKE with a frigging headache - special thanks to the stupid alarm clock and the equally stupid knocking.

However, before he could get any word out upon seeing who it was, his eyes were glued with curiosity at the paling features of the boy.

It was Ken.

It was a PALE Ken.

It was a PALE Ken with a NOSEBLEED.

Without meaning to, his eyes strayed at the part of his anatomy that Ken was fixated at - and gasped. Without further ado, he quickly shut the doors, cursing under his breath as he did so.

He forgot that he slept naked.

He quickly wrapped his blanket around him, and opened the door again... only to see Hidaka Ken lying flat on the carpeted floor, obviously out cold, with a nosebleed, and eyes swirling from shock.

He sweatdropped.

He sweatdropped as he crouched down, poking the boy just to make sure that he's alive.

"Uh... Hidaka-kun? *Poke* *Poke* Are you alright?"

There was an indistinct murmur from Ken's supine form...

"Hentai..."

* * *

"Uh, Crawford... are you alright?"

"Gep your hambs ob me, Schulberik!"

"Jeez!" Schuldig raised both his arms in a gesture of surrender. "I was just asking if you're alright - no need to bite my blessed head off!"

"Bo I nook ash ib I'm oldrighb?"

"Uh, Farfarello, do translate..." Schuldig helplessly asked his blonde friend who was looking at them with a twinkle of mischief in his eyes.

"I think he asked you if you think he looks alright." Farfarello smiled impishly. "The question sounds normal... although coming from such an uptight lad, I'm sure that was equal to sarcasm."

That earned him a glare from Crawford.

"Aye, mate, that is one heck of a fact!" Schuldig guffawed. "This guy," He hooked his thumb towards the black-haired man's direction. "Needs a good lay!"

"Or a whole evening's worth of sleep." The blonde added, after taking a sip of his coffee.

"Maybe he got laid last night and we didn't know! Then he got sick since he's not used to getting laid!" Schuldig said thoughtfully.

"Dat's enub!" Crawford said, glaring at him with much venom as he could muster. "I did not get laid last night!"

"Figures." Farfarello grinned, downing the last of his drink.

Crawford would have turned his bad eye on him if his plan were not thwarted by a particularly loud sneeze. His eyes watered and he silently cursed his composition instructor as well as a particular face that had not given him an amount of rest last night.

"Bless you!"

All three turned at the unexpected comment behind their table.

Schuldig grinned. "Oi, Omi!" He called out enthusiastically, patting a chair beside him. "Come, and have breakfast with us!"

"Ah, gomen, demo... I 'm just waiting for Nagi-kun to arrive - we have to practice cello together after breakfast - he told me he's not doing too well..." Omi smiled sheepishly, rubbing the back of his head in apology. Then his eyes wandered over to Crawford's pinched features and reddened nose.

"Ano... what happened to your friend?" he asked, pointing at the dark-haired lump of misery listening to their conversation.

"He didn't get laid last night." Farfarello interjected helpfully, earning another glare from Crawford. Schuldig cackled hysterically.

Omi laughed. He was not at all offended at the guy's choice of words. He was comfortable with it, really, since he'd been friends with Farfarello ever since he stepped into the university premises - and Schuldig too.

"He's Bradley Crawford, he came from the USA - from Seattle, wait - did I pronounce it right?" Farfarello said, glancing at the person in question for clarification.

"Yeah, and of all the Americans I know, he's the most uptight - I don't know why though."

Crawford, for the umpteenth time that morning, glared at Schuldig with a silent promise of a slow and painful death.

"Ah. So he's the infamous Bradley Crawford who excelled Instructor Louie de Vry's class!" Omi grinned. His eyes were gleaming in admiration, and at the same time, he was bowing in traditional Japanese gesture of goodwill. "Konnichiwa, Crawford-san! It is a pleasure to meet you! You're a very talented person!"

Crawford's cheeks heated up in flattery. He was still conscious as to his status in the university. He nodded and gave the young boy a small smile.

Suddenly, there was a commotion as people made to gape at a sleek black Porsche that had parked in front of the coffee shop.

Omi's eyes brightened at the sight, and Crawford wondered if he knew who the owner was. However, before his question was put into words, the shop door opened and in came a bundle of quiet energy that had suddenly lightened up at the sight of Omi.

"Omi-kun!" He smiled shyly as he made way towards the other boy.

"Nagi-chan!" Omi exclaimed happily, meeting the other halfway and grasping his hand, leading him towards Crawford's table.

So, this is Nagi. He thought wryly. No wonder he is having a hard time playing the cello... his fingers would be more adept if he just chose to play the flute.

"Minna, this is Naoe Nagi." Omi grinned proudly. "A soon-to-be infamous cello artist!"

Nagi blushed, his eyes downcast as his ears picked up the encouragement in his friend's words.

"Nice to meet you! I'm Schulderich, but Schuldig would be fine." Schuldig grasped the young boy's hand enthusiastically and shaking it until the boy looked up in surprise. When their eyes met, he instantly winked, glancing for a brief moment at Omi. Nagi's face reddened even more at what the wink implied.

"I'm Farfarello." The blonde said softly, his golden irises mellowing at seeing the shy boy fidget under their gaze.

"Any name to go with that?" Nagi asked quietly, his eyes questioning.

Farfarello's eyes darkened for a millisecond, but was quickly quelched as a small smile tugged at the corners of his lips. He shook his head. "I don't want to be called by my name - too much negative energy."

"Oh." The young boy nodded in comprehension.

"He's Bradley Crawford." Omi said, pointing at Crawford's sickly frame. "He did not get laid last night."

"Omi-kun!" Nagi's eyes widened in shock, his eyes drifting off to Crawford's embarrassed features. "You didn't?" he asked the exasperated elder man.

Crawford groaned, shaking his head as bouts of laughter erupted around the table. He was about to retort when his eyes fixated on a tall figure making its way towards them.

He could not breathe.

* * * * * * * *

TBC

* * * * * * * *