Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Strings ❯ Always a Dream ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- Strings Chapter Six "Always a Dream"

Author- Locura

Archive- Go ahead but tell me where it is. fanfiction.net and mediaminer.org

Warnings- OOC, O+K/K+O, YxA/AxY

Disclaimer- I found a pencil sharpener! However that does not mean I own anyone from Weiß Kreuz!

Author Notes- Notes at the bottom of the story. Enjoy?

***=Scene change or beginning or ending of the chapter

***

Omi clutched Ken's hand and looked wearily around the lobby. His blue eyes wide and frightened, though they now focused on everything around him as they rarely had weeks before. Ken put an arm around the younger boys waist and pulled him to his side trying to comfort him to the best of his ability in this setting and Omi burred his head in Ken's side refusing to look up as Ken half walked, half dragged him to another room.

He hated coming here.

The lady always smiled and Ken always held him close. The lady asked questions and Ken told him he didn't have to answer if he didn't want to. The lady looked at him as if a specimen and Ken cuddled him long after these meetings, not that he minded that part. The lady had wrinkled hands and soft gray eyes hidden beneath horn rims with a stern mouth. She also always wrote everything down.

He didn't want to come here; he only wanted to stay with Ken, even if Ken wasn't real.

***

Tap. Tap. Tap.

She was tapping her pen on the folder and looked at him frowning. "We haven't been making much progress, you and I." Her voice was soft but her eyes looked hard. "If we don't soon I'm afraid we'll have to find a place to keep you here for observation. "

He didn't answer, instead he looked away and out the window where the sky was blue and fluffy clouds rolled lazily by.

Tap. Tap. Tap.

Ken nudged him softly but he refused to move his gaze.

"I'm afraid I have no choice then." She sighed and tiredly rubbed her forehead. "One last thing though. Ken, I would like you to step out."

It wasn't surprising, though, that as soon as those words left her lightly polished lips that Omi turned and jumped onto Ken, his force pinning the older boy to the sofa.

"No!"

She adjusted her glasses and sighed. "I'm afraid so Omi. It will only be for a moment but I believe it is in your best interest that he leave for this time. He will be right outside the door, however, if he wishes."

Omi frowned, his blue eyes troubled but in the end he nodded and let Ken up. He didn't like the idea but if he were just outside maybe he wouldn't disappear.

The brown-haired boy frowned and looked as if he had half a mind to refuse to leave but with one look at the stern looking woman in front of him he desided to do as she asked. But only after taking a moment to promised to be right outside if Omi needed him and positioning himself outside in a ready position to run in if anything happened.

"Well," the lady said as soon as Ken was gone and took a folder out from her left shelf. "It's taken me a while to get all the information on you. You weren't much of a help, you know?"

The blond-haired boy didn't answer.

"Yes." She opened it up and took out a few papers. "I wasn't sure what to do with you. You are indeed in need of help yet I could do nothing short of putting you on meds since you refused to talk."

The woman adjusted her glasses and slowly stood up. "I know that I cannot help you. Whatever I do is unlikely to help in the long run and locking you up for more study might make whatever has happened worse."

He peered at her then, giving her a curious but guarded look before glancing away again.

"So, I am going to ask simply that you continue to come to these meetings and we will try a new type of counseling that will include your entire makeshift family. Won't that be fun?" She smiled then, a wide fake smile that didn't quite reach her eyes and faded when she saw that the other occupant didn't smile back. "Yes, I thought that would be what you thought." Her lips tightened slightly then and her eyes looked worried as her hands fiddled with the papers in her grasp. "I'm going to release some information to you, stuff I am not supposed to but I believe you should know. Don't tell anyone else except those you trust fully because the repercussions would be worse then you can imagine."

Omi watched her as she approached and handed him a few sheets of paper. Papers that appeared to be typed reports of something that seemed important, but he didn't read them right then. He folded them before stuffing them in his pockets and walked quickly out the door, not looking back as he found Ken waiting as he had promised.

The lady sank down into her sofa and put a hand to her head. She wouldn't be surprised if she never saw them again.

***

Yohji passed the letter from Kritiker to Aya, a motion that had become habit from the beginning of the chain of letters that had been streaming in with checks and money and more doctors they could have at their disposal. Aya looked at it a moment before ripping it and tossing it in the trashcan which was now overflowing.

There was no need to take pay in what they did to help a friend and too many doctors would ruin what little bit left they had of him.

***

Omi looked up at Ken and touched his face smiling as he felt that he was indeed solid to the touch still. It was a warmer day, the bite of winter having softened for once, and the plants that started to bug only likely to die in the first frost. He still hadn't read the reports and they lay waiting in his pocket as they walked down the sidewalk past the park and back towards the former Kitty in the House.

Neither boy said anything but Ken's presence was enough for him now. Even if he did believe that this was a dream world, as long as he didn't wake up he would be fine.

Tugging on Kens arm a moment Omi pulled him to a park bench and sat down. "She gave me something."

"Oh? What is it?" Ken sat down next to him, pulling him close as he reached for the papers.

"She didn't say." Omi opened the reports and scanned them, feeling Ken's do so as well from over his shoulder. "They look like reports from Kritiker. "

As their eyes scanned the words Omi felt Ken tighten his hold on him and saw as he own hand shook with the papers until they fell. His throat constricted and he turned and buried his head into Ken's shoulder.

The reason that his letters had never been delivered and always returned was because Kritiker thought it best if he cut all ties with his former partners. They had intercepted his letters and sent them back every time without fail and the only letters that had come in through Omi's mailbox were ones they had approved of or junk mail. The Reports didn't say why they had done this, outside that they felt it was best for all included, and it didn't matter.

Omi's seclusion and madness that had grown that year had been because of the organization he worked for. The organization his Uncle had been apart of. The organization he thought would help him if he ever needed it.

Ken's fist clinched and Omi sobbed, unsure if the few others he knew well in the company had known about what they had done.

***

It was evening by the time Ken carried Omi home to a worried house of Yohji and Aya. They both had nearly been pounced on as soon as they walked in the door, and most definitely would have been if not for Omi's tear streaked face peeking out from beside Ken's shoulder.

They offered no explanations and no explanations were asked for, though all knew that both of the older men wanted to know what had happened.

Yohji and Aya backed off, only sending dinner up to Omi and Ken's room after a while and retiring to their own soon after that.

As for the younger pair they cuddled in the darkened, but now clean, room and decided to cut ties with the organization that had nearly destroyed one of them yet also strangely brought them all together again.

Yohji and Aya were told what had happened in the morning and by noon they had disappeared. This time the soccer ball and an ash filled ashtray stayed.

***

Three years later found them looking out over the ocean from a dock, spooning together with hands clasped in front of them showing off matching silver bands that winked in the sunlight.

The younger boy looked up at the older and smiled, his eyes lighting up and hand twitching slightly. "You will keep my strings from breaking? Even if I always believe you're a dream?"

The other boy laughed a hand leaving the meld to run threw the other boys hair. "I will never be a dream, but even if you never believe me I will never stray. Your strings are safe with me as I've always told you."

Elsewhere two older men watched, one smiling behind sunglasses and the other smirking in his grasp. "Three years and they haven't left the sugarsweet stage, I wonder if they ever will."

"And will it matter, Yohji? They've both come a long way and I think that even if Omi never fully recovers they will be fine, we will all be fine." The redhead turned pulling his lover behind him. "Its time to let them have some time to themselves."

The stars came out hours later and found the younger pair sitting on the dock both asleep and comfortable in the warm ocean breeze. Things would never be quite normal with Omi's frequent nightmares and reality blanks but they would still get their happy ending.

***

Authors Long annoying Notes!:

Well this is the second chap. story I've finished and let me tell you I was not planning to end it like this! I did, however, lose my original notes so….this is as good as it gets because while I had the chance to continue with this fic and could have for quite a few more parts I thought it needed an ending. I'm very sorry, though, if you did want me to go on torturing Omi and Ken.

Truth of it all- I wrote this fic for fun and did have fun writing it during the summer. I however, would like to move on the one of my new story ideas, which will probably be a good deal happier (depends on which one I do). Also, there is no possible way that this fic will have a sequel, I'm very sorry.

Also on a last note for people on FF.Net, I will no longer be posting new stories here. Its quicker for me to only do one uploading site and I've decided on mediaminer.org . Sorry if that's an inconvenience but….well…that's that! Please look there if you're interested in any new stories, which should be started from any time past Thursday.

Thank you so much for enjoying and reviewing this fic it means a lot to me to know that you enjoyed it and sorry for the crappy ending!

-Locura