Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ Surrounded By Darkness ❯ Blur ( Chapter 7 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Surrounded By Darkness

By: Atsureki

Disclaimers : They ain't mine! And that is just so not fair! *pouts*

Warnings : OCC, yaoi, angst.

Pairing : Yoji/Ken

Notes : Stuff written in Italic are thoughts.

Chapter 7. Blur

The pain was tearing his head apart, stabbing his eyes like knives. Ken let out a scream and felt how the muscles in his neck pulled his head backwards. His eyes were wide open and the blurry light from the hall way was just too painful for him to stand. He squeezed them shut to block it out while his head tried to yell something to him, but it was drowned out by the agony.

Another scream passed his lips and his back arched from the seizure he was having. Ken grabbed his head and managed to curl into himself. Then something, or someone, touched his hands and a voice murmured things he couldn't make out over the roar of pain in his head. More voices and the hands on him started to massage his neck.

Ken screamed again and again as he fought to pull in enough air to satisfy his cramping lungs. Panic licked his limbs like flames and the hands were pulling at his.

"It hurts!" the brunette managed to get out and his left hand shot out, hitting something. He had to get whoever it was away from him! "You're hurting me!" Another voice said something or other but Ken was too busy with breathing and screaming to make it out.

"Okay that's enough Ken." Aya, Ken's messy mind decided. The redhead quickly yanked his hands away from his head and nailed them to the bed. "Give him the pill." The pill was shoved into his mouth along with some water and Ken just barely forced it down. Pain. Suffering. Yoji. Yoji was the one causing him pain! The brunette's head draw the conclusions and Ken acted on them.

"Aya he's hurting me. Make him leave!" Ken begged and again screamed in pain. Aya had to get Yoji away from him, he was the source of the pain!

"Ken stop that. It's not Yoji's fault that you're in pain," Aya mumbled softly and caressed Ken's hair.

"It is his fault!" the brunette persisted, sounding more and more panicked.

"Now you're being silly. You know why you get these headaches Ken." Aya was full of shit and Ken was too tired. Slowly he opened his eyes, staring at the lights and shadows that caused them more pain.

"He's always hurting me now," he whispered and then the darkness surrounded him again and his mind was enveloped by it.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ken groaned when he woke up. His entire body ached and his head was not happy with him at all. But he had no idea why, he couldn't quite seem to remember. Disoriented he stumbled out off bed and yelped when he slipped on something and hit the floor, hard.

"Damn!" he muttered sourly and felt like someone had just run over his head with a truck. Something was really fucked up with his eye sight. Everything was blurry, like he had goo in his eyes but no matter how much he wiped at them it refused to go away. As it was he could barely see the other side of the room. He cursed quietly and heading for the bathroom.

After having taken a shower he felt a little better and went downstairs. It was still too early for anyone else so he could drink his coffee in peace and quiet. His head was still grumbling at him and every now and then it lashed out with a painful thumping just behind his left eye. Ken rinsed his cup and yawned. He was tired and groggy but not enough to go back to bed.

Huffing in annoyance he slipped into his shoes, shrugged on a jacket and left the quiet house. The sun had just greeted the morning, stinging his unco-operative eyes, and the birds were warming up. Another yawn escaped him as he strolled down the empty sidewalk.

Soon people would start going to work and he wanted to be somewhere else when they did. He headed towards the nearest park and carefully kept his poor head free from any thoughts at all. Something was trying to get through to him but he fought with all he had to keep it at bay, thinking was the last thing he wanted to do.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Yoji!" The blonde grunted and buried his face in the pillow. "YOJI!" He waved his hand as if to shoo away the annoying call of his name. "KUDOU!" Something smacked him over the head and forced him to wake up completely. Hazy green eyes opened and met amethyst.

"What the fuck is it Aya?" Yoji grumbled and glared at his team-mate.

"You better get out of bed, right now!" the redhead barked and pulled away his covers.

"What the hell for?" Aya pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed.

"Because Ken is gone." That got his attention and the blonde bolted from his bed, swirled out of the room and into his former lover's.

"Ken!" Yoji grabbed the covers and dragged them off of the bed, lifted the pillow, he even went as far as to check under the mattres. No sign of the brunette anywhere. "He's not here!" He turned around and ran straight into Aya. The redhead gave him a withering look and shook his head.

"No shit Sherlock. Go get dressed, we have to find him." Yoji got moving and skidded to a stop when he was in his own room again, pulling on clothes almost before he even had stopped. After having fallen flat on his ass while trying to put on a sock at the same time as he worked on a shirt he slowed down. A shaky hand ran through messy blonde hair and he was done.

"I'm done! Let's go!" he yelled as he grabbed his car keys and ran downstairs.

"We're ready Yotan," Omi mumbled and handed him his coat.

"How long?" the tall blonde asked as he slammed the door open and hurried outside.

"How should we know?" Aya grumbled and buttoned up his coat. "It's only 7 am." Yoji glared at him and stopped beside his car.

"Where could he have gone?"

"Yoji! You know him better than we do!" the redhead snapped. "He's blind, he couldn't have gotten very far." Yoji swallowed down the fear and tried to think straight.

"The soccer field," he suggested. "His favourite coffee shop?" He didn't know, didn't have a clue. If he was a blind former goalie turned assassin where would he go? "Hawaii? The moon? FUCK! He could be anywhere."

"Okay calm down. We'll find him," Aya sighed and headed towards his car. "We each head in different directions and look around."

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Ken squinted to make out a young woman walking her dog. His eyes were sore and his mind was desperately trying to tell him something. Tired and grumpy he rubbed his head and froze when his fingers felt stubble and a scare. In an instant everything came back to him, washed over him like a tidal wave. The lights and shadows the previous night, the blurry world around him. He could see again! Well kind of anyway.

With a loud whoop he turned around and ran back the way he had come. He had to get back to the house, he had to wake everyone up and tell them. When he reached home he bursted through the door and almost fell up the stairs. Exited and with tears of joy in his eyes Ken ran into Yoji's bedroom.

"YOTAN! I can see! I can…" The room was empty. He squinted hard at the time and frowned. It was only 7:30 am, where the hell was everyone? Confused he checked the other bedrooms only to find them empty too.

"Omi? Aya?" he called out and got silence as an answer. Ken went back downstairs and sank down on the couch in the living room.

"Well fuck," he grumbled with disappointment. There he was with the biggest news ever and no one was around to hear it? He pouted. Wasn't that just great? With a sigh he slumped down to rest his exhausted body and aching eyes. Moments later he was fast asleep.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

"Four hours and nothing," Yoji sighed deeply and slammed the car door. "You?" Aya shook his head.

"Nothing," Omi confirmed sadly and fiddled with his helmet. "Maybe he came back while we were gone?" They headed inside.

"I'll check upstairs."

"Aya-kun and I'll check down here and in the shop." Yoji nodded and left. Omi sighed quietly as he watched the tall blonde's slumped form walking up the stairs.

"I think we can call off the search," Aya said slowly.

"Nani?" The redhead didn't answer, he just nodded towards the living room. Omi was just about to ask what he meant when the blonde came back.

"Okay he's not up there," Yoji grumbled and rubbed his worried face. "What if something happened to him?"

"Ken's fine," the redhead answered and almost smiled.

"How the hell do you know that Aya? He's blind, helpless and stupid enough to leave the house all by himself!" Yoji spat out, worry clouding his green eyes. "You'd think that going blind would teach him but oh no. We always have to look after him, he's like a fucking kid!"

"I'm sorry," a very soft voice suddenly said and they all turned around. Ken was standing in the door way, his head lowered.

"You okay Ken-kun? Where did you go, we were so worried," Omi babbled and approached his friend.

"I'm sorry I didn't mean to upset you, I just wanted to take a walk and I didn't think…"

"You never think before you act, that's the problem!" Yoji interrupted, angry now that it was clear that his former lover was indeed safe and sound. "If you did you wouldn't be in this mess in the first place!"

"Yoji!"

"Kudou that's enough!" Ken raised his head and seemed to be looking straight at the tall blonde.

"Even if I had had time to think it wouldn't have made any difference Yoji," he said softly. "I'm sorry that you still blame me for not paying attention but I got between you and that bullet because I love you. You can hate me for not checking if all the guards really were down but please don't hate me for saving you. I paid for my mistake, why isn't that enough for you?" Tears were slowly making their way down Ken's cheeks and Omi gently held his friend's hand in his.

"Ken-kun you…"

"It's okay Omi, really," Ken objected weakly and ran a head through his messy hair. "I know I failed him and that he can't forgive me. I'll be in my room." The brunette carefully walked around his team-mates and disappeared up the stairs.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

He had wanted to tell Yoji that he was alright, that he could see again but… But standing there after hearing those angry words he just couldn't get them out. It wouldn't matter anyway, Yoji had made it perfectly clear that this wasn't just about Ken being blind. It was over whether or not he could see.

Besides, now that he had calmed down a little he started wondering if he really had his sight back. What if it was only temporary? Scared he sank down on his bed. It wouldn't do anyone any good if they all got their hopes up only to realize that it wasn't for real. No, it was better that he kept it a secret until the doctors could check him out. Aya would be taking him to the hospital later that week, he would wait until then.

Maybe it would only serve him right if he went back to being blind, maybe he deserved that punishment for… for… For what? For loving Yoji? For killing bad people? He didn't know, couldn't think straight. His head was killing him and his eyes ached like rottening teeth. Afraid it would get out of hand like it had before Ken laid down and tried to clear his mind from all thoughts.

~TBC~

I hate this fic. *pouts like a child* It sounded so good in my head but now that I've typed it out it seems stupid. So yeah Ken can see again, sort of, and Yoji shoved his foot down his throat… again. My muse better know where this is headed *glares at her* Ja/Atsureki