Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Blackest Sea ❯ He Doesn’t Know That This Is His Last Drive ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Author: Heta Noitio
Rating: PG-13
Warnings: character death, mild yaoi, swearing
Disclaimer: Weiss Kreuz belongs to Takehito Koyasu and Project Weiss.

A/N: This is... plain weird. I was tired and my neck was hurting real bad when I wrote this around 11 pm months ago. So forgive me the lack of plot and other sane stuff. I wrote this straight to computer from my notebook, barely edited and added a little.The first chapter of my first longer, finished fic. Present tense.
Comments, please.


Chapter One: He Doesn’t Know That This Is His Last Drive

Schuldig follows Crawford with his eyes when he works. The German is perched comfortably on his worktable and swings his legs back and forth once in a while. His usual smirk is on its place, even if his eyes are thoughtful.

The precog ignores him. He has a report to be done: their latest mission wasn't as successful as it should have been, and the Elders want to know why. Crawford knows Schwarz might be punished - if he isn't assuring enough. He re-reads the text he's written and frowns a little. It's not one of his best explanations, but it is enough.

He has seen it.

The German on his table doesn't move when he gets up and faxes the report. Schuldig just turns his head, keeping Crawford in his sight.

When the report is faxed, Crawford puts the original in a folder where all the other failure reports are.

There aren't many. Schwarz is a good team.

"Hey Brad."

The American doesn't turn to look at Schuldig but puts the folder back to its place in the bookshelf. He has told Schuldig several times to use his surname and he's isn't going to repeat himself anymore. After a few minutes of cold, uncomfortable silence Schuldig sighs and gives up.

"Crawford." The telepath sounds oddly weary, as if he was awfully tired.

Crawford answers just out of curiosity, still staring at the folder. "Yes?"

"Ever wondered what comes after death?"

The taller man snorts softly - he isn't surprised to hear the question, not really. It's something Schuldig often thinks about. "Don't we all?" he says quietly and returns to his chair. "Why?"

Schuldig shrugs and jumps off the table. "I don't know. For fun." Suddenly he grins at Crawford who watches him carefully. "But wouldn't it be great to find out?"

Only now Crawford notices that Schuldig's eyes are a little too bright, a little too shocking blue. It's his turn to sigh wearily. "Have you taken something, Schuldig?"

"One black beauty." The telepath's grin is like plastered on his face: cold and empty. "But Brad, I do want to know."

The American shakes his head, irritated. "Why don't you go somewhere else and stop disturbing me?" he says flatly, not looking at the redhead.

Schuldig doesn't use drugs often - almost never - but when he does, he's either annoying or sulky. Today, he's just annoying.

Schuldig leaves Crawford's office without a sound.

And when Crawford goes to wake him up in the morning, he's still grinning.

- end of chapter one.