Weiss Kreuz Fan Fiction ❯ The Darkness Within a Melody ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title- The Darkness Within a Melody Chapter Five


Author- Locura


Warnings- AU! OOC! YxA/AxY, PersiaxManx/ManxPersia, K+O/O+K perhaps KxO/OxK, HirofumixFarfarello/FarfarelloxHirofumi


Archive- Fanfiction.net & Mediaminer.org


Disclaimer- The Weiß Kreuz chara's aren't mine, I'm just barrowing them. Don't sue, I own nothing but an Omi pen and 5 dvd's and I wanna keep them!


DEDICATED TO CHIBIUKYOU


Author Notes- I'm so sorry for the delay in this- I lost all of my notes. Very sorry and also sorry for those of you who had to suffer threw the badly edited version I posted last night >.<. I fix some of the worst of it I think now. But who knows. Hope you Enjoy!

***= Beginning/Ending/ Time change

-Blah- = Little Flashback

***

Omi woke sometime later, staying still on the extremely soft bed he seemed to be laying on. Not quite ready to part with dreaming world to one of wakefulness he half opened his eyes and let his mind wonder. For some reason his bed seemed far softer then he had ever remembered it being, then again he never remembered feeling as sore as he did now. Perhaps the comfort of things increased with discomfort? he thought closing his eyes once more only to let the slide open again when he felt himself drift off to much, he never knew when he would be called to work.

Sighing he thought over the past few days, trying to remember everything that had happened so far. The Princes from Kritiker came and he got in trouble for not getting the Prince Ken to dinner on time. There were some blurry one-sided conversations and then…what? He knew something had to have happened then, he was to be punished after all. But for the life of him he couldn't remember. His next memory was just a bit ago when he woke up dizzy and sore with Prince Masafumi yelling at him to get up and give some note to one of his cousins. So where had all that time gone?

He talked with Prince Ken. Nagi escorted him to get punished. Then what?

-"Cousin Mamoru?" A voice rang in his head. "How are you feeling today?"-

Omi grabbed his head, startled, holding fistfuls of hair as his mind seemed to vibrate with the sounds that filled his mind.

-"Mamoru, what does Prince Ken think about his Uncle? And how does Omi feel about the Prince?"-

Omi could feel his heart pounding in his chest, moving so as if it were trying to escape from inside him as waves of nausea flooded him and his head pounded in tune.

-It changed him. It completed him for a moment before splitting him again. In and out like a dance the song ripping into his soul, raping his mind and pulling his voice away from him. His heart pounded, his eyes widened, his breath came in gasps as he felt himself become whole one last time before he was broken again. Shattered into a million fragments with only half of the to be put back together. -

Everything swelled and Omi closed his eyes tightly as if to block the fragments from his mind. Then it stopped.

Everything stopped.

He held still and listen to himself breath deep shuddering breaths waiting to see if anything else would come.

`What was that?' He asked himself as his body started to uncoil, opening his eyes again to look at the embroidered coverlet that should mark his bed; instead he saw fresh green silk sheets. `And what am I doing on Prince Ken's bed?'

***

Ken flew into his brother's room, holding tightly to the wet, crinkled paper Omi had given him. He'd taken the boy to his room not to long ago but couldn't stay there and watch him sleep until lunch so instead he went to talk to his brother and Yohji, in high hopes to get some explanations and a polite way to say `I'm sorry I don't want to have this slave because owning them would probably end in a not too go of a way!'

The door banged closed and Yohji and Aya both looked up from their meeting notes looking slightly surprised at his abrupt entrance.

"What's up Kenken? The girls giving you trouble here to?"

Ken didn't rise to the bait instead he handed the note to his brother who glanced at it as Ken seethed. "How can they expect us to take a slave? We don't do slaving in our country!"

"Eh? What's he talking about? "Yohji snatched the paper from Aya's hands part of it ripping in the process. "Oh. I see."

"I see? Is that all the pair of you have to say?" Ken felt his nails digging into his palms. "They just gave us a human life to do with as we wish! They gave him to us as if he were a thing!"

"Ken."

"I can't believe you two aren't protesting! Its inhumane how they treat people here!" Ken paced and ran a hand threw his hair.

"Ken."

"Really! I thought you two would have more of a reaction!"

"KEN!" Ken stopped and looked at his brother his face faintly flushed. "We don't like it, however, to not accept this gift would be considered and insult and would give the more reasons for the war."

Ken let himself fell bonelessly down on the bed. "You right Aya. I know you are but…"

Yohji smiled. "Don't worry about it. In fact if he is ours for now and ever when we finally go home we might be able to take him with us and set him free." His smile grew sly as he looked over the note once more. "And if I'm not mistaken this slave is the one from the other day, correct?"

Ken looked at him strangely, knowing he was walking right into another verbal trap, but nodded.

"Well then." He smiled up at Aya. "We give him to you. We don't need a slave or servant to show us around anymore and we're big boys who can dress ourselves and everything. You on the other hand need some help. And-" Yohji tapped Ken, who was currently cursing the older man up and down silently, on the nose. "don't forget the gift we made you! I'm sure it's going to come in handy."

"Yohji…I know this is hard for you to understand. But I'm not going to go jump Omi out as soon as I get him alone." Ken heard Aya mutter something but ignored him in favor of getting up and leaving for his required presence at the dinning hall for lunch.

As the door shut with a click Yohji grinned turned to Aya. "So, how long do you think it will take?"

The younger man shook his head, a small smile finding its way onto his face. "How long do you think it will take for them to find a way to communicate?"

***

Nagi frowned as he looked around his room. Something was off but for the life of him he couldn't figure out just what it was. Turning around slowly once more he jumped in surprise, Schuldich was sitting in a favored blue chair warn nearly gray with age and use. He was sitting their smoking a pipe and looking amused. And an amused Schuldich was not always a good thing.

"What do you want?" Nagi glared and checked his barriers, not wanting to leak anymore then he had to around the mind meddler.

"Oh? You think that I'd only come around to see my favorite Nagikins if I wanted something?" He put the pipe on the desk. "I'm hurt!"

"Save it Schuldich." The blue-eyed boy crossed his arms before turning away to look in his closet. "So what is it this time? You forgot your brain so you wanted to barrow mine?"

"No. No No. Nothing that simple I'm afraid. I'm looking for some information, stuff that specifically pertains to you." He got up and looped an arm around Nagi's shoulders, placing his lips close to the younger boys ear he whispered. "Mostly I'm curious to find out who you're fantasizing about now…"

Nagi bristled and shoved the older man away. "None of your damn business."

"Oh but it is." Schuldich grinned, his eyes shining eerily. "Its vital that I know exactly who to leave out of my meddling and who to definitely do. Your information is most important."

"Sure it is." He closed the closet doors. "But you're just going to have to deal with the fact that you don't know."

The red haired man frowned but pick out an imaginary piece of lent from his robes. "Fine. Have it your way. It's your lovers mind after all. "

Nagi nodded and turned to leave, hoping the other would take the hint and leave as well.

"Oh and Nagi?" He stopped. "I'm going to be picking threw your brain soon, I'm halfway threw your barriers and I can't wait to see what you keep locked inside."

***

Lunch, unlike breakfast was a very quiet meal, the only conversation consisting of light topics like the weather and the day. No one asked about Mamoru and no one tried to bring him up. The red haired man from before and the taller one with glasses never arrived though everyone else lounged at the table for over an hour eating as sparsely as the conversations.

The first to leave were Hirofumi and Masafumi, each leaving threw opposite doorways.

***

Omi was sitting silently at the windowsill of Ken's room long after lunch should have started, but for the life of him he couldn't seem to be able to make himself move much at all. The few steps to the window had made him break out into a sweat and nearly had him toppling with dizziness. It felt as if each foot weighed at least twenty pounds and all his nerves were on fire with everything spinning in his face.

Not to mention the odd flashes of half memories he seemed to be getting. With nothing making sense to him and nothing seeming quite real any longer he wondered how long it would be until someone found him and gave him a job.

Leaning back he hoped all the Princes had made their way to lunch on time, he didn't want to get in trouble again though he suspected he would anyway.

Closing his eyes the blond boy let himself hum. He knew no sound would come of him vibrating his voice box, no sound ever did, but it was nice to try and repeat a tune now and then even if sound never came. It felt nice, and comforted him for some reason.

He was about to fall asleep, basking in the warm sun of the sill and humming away his discomfort when he felt something seem to tare inside his throat. It felt as if something that had long been there gave way just a little and suddenly he heard something.

Scratchy and wavering, almost out of human hearing there was a sound. Small and quiet as it was it echoed his hum as best it could, catching on some notes and rising on others.

Omi froze and touch his throat his eyes darting around to see if someone were to trying to play a trick on him, but no one was there and the sound had stopped.

Coughing he felt the thing give again and turning back around he looked to his reflection in the window his reflections eye's holding the same fear and confusion his own did.

***

Yohji smiled at the maid and the maid smiled hesitantly back as she folded the newly washed linins. "Is there something I could help you with, sir?"

"Nothing basking in your beauty and listening to your knowledge wouldn't cure." Yohji smiled as he leaned across the table.

"Go on you. I've no time for flirty men looking for easy girls." She tried to shoe him away but the light blush across her face told her words false.

"I'm afraid I can't do that pretty maid, though I'm not looking for an easy girl myself." He looked earnestly at her. "You see my friend is trying to find an old relative of his and he seems to think the boy slave -Omi- could be him, mayhap you know something?"

The girl, who at first seemed relaxed, bristled and turned to put up the sheets she had folded. "Of course not! Why would I know anything about the muted man-child?"

"But surely you know something? My poor friend has been searching for ages…I just want to know anything you could possible think on him." Yohji let his voice go pleading and reached out to touch the girl's hand. "Please? I know you've been told not to swap rumors with people from the outside but I must know!"

She looked at his hand and then to his face, her own face masked she thought it over. Sighing once she let her shoulders droop in defeat and inwardly Yohji rejoiced. "I suppose I could tell you what I know."

***

Nagi frowned and stared at the door he stood before. His hold body ridged as his mind berated himself for stalling while his heart told him to turn away before he got hurt.

He must have stood there, in front of the large oak wood door, marked with age but still well kept and polished for a good while before he felt someone come up behind him and he whirled around, ready to let lose and toss the person away. Instead he stopped dead in his tracks and stared up at who had appeared behind him.

Masafumi looked down at him, an uncaring look in his eyes as he scowled. "Is there any special reason you've decided to camp out in front of my study?"

Silence.

***