Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Black Fires ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own any anime mentioned in this fic. Now what could be more depressing?? ^.^

KB- Konnichiwa. Please forgive me, this is my first Witch Hunter Robin fic and I've only seen a few episodes (not that I haven't read all the episode summaries but that's beside the point) in plainer words there will be no WHR spoilers in this fic. **In that universe the fic takes place not long after Robin gets her glasses.** But this is a crossover so I need to put in a little word about the other anime too I guess. Yu Yu Hakusho is an anime I'm no stranger to so there will be spoilers of that series; **I'm throwing this fic into the YYH universe post-series so Yusuke is about 17**, you can do the math for everybody else. Enjoy ^.^

Summary: The team has come across a breed of witches stronger than any they've ever faced before. But when no information can be found the hunters begin to doubt that they are witches after all. Could there be another race on the horizon threatening the STN-J. Crossover with Yu Yu Hakusho.

"Black Fires"

Prologue

By: Kuroi Bara no Twilight

The soft clicking of heels echoed off the walls of the warehouse; the witch was trying to be silent but failing miserably. Karasume and Sakaki stood on either side of the warehouse's entrance, guns ready. Amon and Robin were at the only other entrance into the dark building, Amon also was ready with his gun while Robin donned her glasses. The hunters were being very cautious because they were working blind. Michael had told them earlier that day that as far as records were concerned the witch in question did not exist. They had all seen evidence of the craft-user's powers but what happened was different each time so they had no idea what the real power was.

Just as Amon raised his hand to signal his young partner to move in the building went silent.

"Do you think she knows we're here?" Sakaki's voice whispered over the communicator. Amon frowned and hit a different button, "Michael we're outside the warehouse on North Street. Tell me, does the warehouse have security cameras?"

A few second later said computer specialist came on the line, "Yeah. She's just standing in the middle of the floor. Possibly a trap, she definitely knows something's up." Amon nodded and turned to Robin. She met his eyes curiously and he spoke, "Then we'll just have to find another way in."

----------~~~~~~~~~~----------

"This is crazy! The roof, he's got to be kidding." A few minutes later Haruto Sakaki stood above the third entrance to the building where the witch waited in ambush. When Amon had mentioned a change in plan he had asked for a volunteer; never being one to pass up a chance for action Sakaki had volunteered before his leader had finished the explanation. Now he was paying for his brash actions as he attempted to hang on to the slippery foil of the warehouse roof while being assaulted by oncoming winds. The plan was for everyone to walk into her trap, everyone but Sakaki of course who would drop in from above.

He looked down from his perch and signaled that he was in place. With that the last phase of their mission began. Sakaki sigh, for now he could just hope that the rest of the group knew what they were doing.

----------~~~~~~~~~~----------

At Amon's signal the other three present hunters of the STN-J broke into the building, each from a different direction. Robin's eyes flared and fire sprang from the ground to engulf the Witch. The hunters started when the woman didn't move. The fire advanced on her at top speeds but as it was about to make contact with skin it stopped, frozen in midair. From each side of the craft user Amon and Karasume fired. The witch ducked and suddenly the fire was no longer still but consuming the orbo-treated bullets.

Amon raised his arms to fire again but they suddenly felt heavy and cold, he couldn't move his fingers. The witch had now taken her attention off the stunned leader and was concentrating on "playing" with the other two hunters. Amon lifted his eyes to the roof and saw that the rookie had opened a sky light and was taking aim at the mysterious witch.

As soon as the orbo from Sakaki's bullet had penetrated the witch's skin Amon could feel warmth return to his arms. Robin's fire began to leap at the witch once more but without the use of her powers to save her she was engulfed in flame.

The fires had gone out easily enough but the hunters found nothing but charred clothing, it was like the witch had never existed.

----------~~~~~~~~~~----------

"Are you sure there isn't any information on that witch?" After searching the area thoroughly and finding nothing most of the team had gone home. Now, back in Raben Flats, Amon stood behind the STN-J's computer expert with a distant look on his face. Michael nodded, "Yeah, it was like she just appeared as quickly as she disappeared. There were no records of a witch with the power to completely stop objects like that. And I couldn't find any match of her face in the public files." A good face shot of the woman was flashing on Michael's laptop from the security cameras. She was middle aged with a sharp face and short light colored hair that almost seemed white in the dim lighting of the warehouse.

"Freezing."

"Huh? What's that suppose to mean Amon?" The ex-hacker looked up at the tall man slightly confused.

"Her power. It was to freeze objects and defreeze them by will. That was why my arms went numb."

"Oh, ok then. Well I didn't see anything like that either."

"She could still be out there then, couldn't she??" Both STN members looked towards the door to see Miho Karasume with two cups of coffee in her hands. "If she appeared out of nowhere, and disappeared the same way couldn't she still be out there?"

Amon shrugged slightly, "Perhaps, but it was as if she melted. Maybe since her power was over ice, she herself had the weaknesses of ice."

Karasume smiled and walked towards the desks. She sat one cup of coffee down next to Michael but far enough away from his speedy fingers that he didn't knock it over. Then she held out the other cup to Amon; he accepted it in silence. "That doesn't explain how she could just appear one day." Amon shrugged again, "I don't know how either."

Karasume sighed and walked towards the door, "In that case there's no reason for me to be here. I'll see you both in the morning." Amon nodded but Michael didn't act as if he'd heard her or noticed her set down the coffee cup.

After she'd left Amon sat down at his desk and began to look over all the information they'd found. The case was officially closed but something about this bothered him, and he was going to find out what it was. That's how the night went, Amon pondering uncompleted information with the only sound in the building being the sound of very fast typing.

----------~~~~~~~~~~----------

KB- You must remember that this is only the prologue so it's going to be short. The next update might take awhile; I'm having family problems at the moment. And me problems, but that's not important. R+R