Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction / Yu Yu Hakusho Fan Fiction ❯ Black Fires ❯ Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: Do I look Japanese?? Didn't think so…

KB- I'm back^.^ Sad thing being, I wrote almost all of this during Geometry. Oh well, just don't tell my teacher. I think she'd get mad. Oh and just FYI, I have now seen ever episode of Witch Hunter Robin so I'm happy, but I'm still throwing it in a few episodes after she got her glasses.

Just to let you know Misato-Katsuragi2 no that was not Genkai. Genkai does not have a sharp face, she's old. And last time I checked she doesn't melt.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Miho Karasuma yawned as she waited for the elevator to reach the ground floor of Raven Flats. She had to admit that the disappearing witch had her a bit on the edge; especially since Michael had been unable to find any information on her, not even a name.

She sighed when the elevator finally dinged and the doors opened. Slipping on her jacket she walked towards the entrance of the large building. She wasn't sure why she had chosen to park outside today, perhaps because of the warmth earlier that day.

A gust of chilling wind hit her as the door opened. This slightly registered in her normally alert mind as something odd. It was the beginning of August after all so even the night should have been warm. This normally would have concerned the hunter but she had been in slow gear since the hunt that afternoon. Come to think of it, she had been taking on too many hunts lately and they were starting to wear her down.

The light of the full moon overhead glistened on Karasuma's car keys when she drew them from the pocket of her coat. The air was getting much colder by the second; she could see a small fog form in from of her nose when she exhaled. Miho could no longer ignore a feeling of dread that was stirring, for some unknown reason, inside of her.

She tried to shrug it off and turned towards her small black car, putting the keys into the car door. She opened the door, climbing in grimly. As she pushed the keys into the ignition, a burst of psychic energy streamed into her sense.

The car keys dropped to the floor as Karasuma threw open the door and scrambled onto the sidewalk.
The sky to the north was covered in dark clouds and black lightening seemed to turn them even darker. Black fire danced through the air and wind began to blow the leaves around her.

This worried the young telepath, but what really got her was the fact that she was the only one that seemed to notice it. The sew people on the street were milling around her, either ignoring her outburst or giving her very strange looks that clearly read "Maybe you should pay a visit to your Shrink."

Miho forcefully calmed herself and reached back into her car where her orbo gun lay ready on the car seat. She didn't need anyone to tell her that this was a witch's doing. As she reached for her cell phone to call inside the building to the others she felt it again. A burst of strong psychic energy flooded her senses and she felt consciousness slip from her grasp. ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fire. It was everywhere, consuming everything in its oath. I felt it nipping at my bare ankles in the darkness. I didn't understand; I didn't summon the fire so how did it keep growing with nothing to feed upon but the cold night?

Then I saw the roses. The frozen, crimson and ebony, roses that formed a ring around the ground where I stood.

I reached my hand towards the pocket where I knew my glasses would be, but my hand touched bare skin. At least that explained why I felt so cold despite the warm fire that threatened to claim my life the way it had countless witches when I had called on it in the past.

I frowned and clutched my hands into fists, only then did I feel my other hand close around a thin sharp object. I raised my hand so that I could see it in the black abyss and I saw them. There, in my hand, lay the pair of crescent-shaped glasses that I needed so badly.

Slipping them on my face I created a shield of flames, hoping it would keep the other fire at bay. That was when it happened; the fires that seemed to be feeding off the frozen roses absorbed my own fire, nearly doubling in size. But instead of growing brighter as the fire grew in size it became darker.

I was staring into a tsunami of black fire. I could feel myself trembling as I looked into the flames of hell that I knew would be my death. The fires seemed to want nothing more than to drain the life from my bare form.

Then, for some unknown reason, the fire started to shrink away. It grew smaller and became a bit transparent until I could see silhouettes through the flames. They were fighting, too many on each side to count either. The fires that remanded dances around their bodies; but they didn't take notice or if they did they didn't care.

As the fire grew again, their faces became slightly visible and I gasped. Among one of the parties stood the witch that we had hunted that afternoon.

'They are witches? Then why are they fighting…..'

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

Robin sat up in bed most calmly. It was all a dream of course; but was it a foretelling of future events or just her imagination getting the best of her?

The light of dawn shone through her windows, slightly blinding the young craft user as she thought over her dream. That's when she heard what had woken her up.

Leaning over the side of her bed she searched for her cell phone. After digging through all of her pockets she finally found it and clicked the 'on' button.

"Hello"

"Robin you need to get down to the Flats right now." As expected Michael's voice drifted over the line but Robin could pick up traces of uncommon worry in the young hacker's voice.

"What happened?"

There was a bit of silence as the other end of the connection. Listening closely she could hear someone talking in the background, and then Michael's voice came back onto the line.

"Robin. We really don't know what happened. But whatever it was, it got Ms. Karasuma. Just get here as quickly as you can, okay?"

"Okay." When she had clicked off the phone she just sat there and stared at it for a minute before narrowing her eyes, "Could…… could it be real?"

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~~~~~~~~~

KB- Still short, I know. How is it though?

Saceria- Are you going to put in plot anytime soon?

KB- I'm getting there woman!!! I would love to hear anything you have to say about this fic, there is one thing I will get pissed about if you do though. Do not tell me who to pair. It pisses me off to no end.

Soffia- KB got a message board and would love for you people to visit it. The link is in her bio page, along with the link to her main site.

KB- I'm still looking for new authors on the latter!!

Twins- -_-U R+R please.