Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ A Rose Has Many Thorns ❯ White Rose ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A Rose Has Many Thorns

A.N. This is my first Witch Hunter Robin fic, so please, please bear with me. I'm placing this just after the end of the series, with the idea that Amon and Robin have decided to flee Japan.

Also, the way I work with things-sometimes a chapter reminds me of a song, so then I'll give the chapter the same title as that song and list all or part of the lyrics. Unless I say so otherwise, I do not own any of the songs listed. I also do not own Robin, Amon, or any of the other characters from the show, but I do own original characters, such as the one introduced in this chapter. A character's thoughts are placed in brackets [Like this.]. I try to include description of what the character is doing in the same paragraph as the character thinks, so there should be no confusion. I do the same with speech, because I rarely using quote notation, such as 'he said', 'she said', 'he asked', 'she shouted', etc.

Chapter 1: White Rose

Robin stared blankly out of the window of the airplane and into the light fluffy clouds surrounding it. Her view was only slightly interrupted by Amon, intently reading though a thick black book with English lettering embellished in gold on the cover. A few hours prior, she had tried to translate for herself what it was that the cover said, but it was in vein, as it had been several years since she had last studied the English language. Her thoughts wandered to Juliano as she stared at the book, remembering how he had once tutored her, urging her to learn as many languages as possible.

She had just decided to lean back on the headrest of her seat to sleep when the sound of obnoxiously loud music boomed from headphones on the young man beside herself. She turned her gaze to him, examining his looks for the first time during the four hour flight.

He wore darkly tinted glasses, though they were to thick to be merely sunglasses. His shaggy auburn hair covered part of his face, shadowing steel gray eyes. He lazily flipped through a comic book, nodding his head to the beat of the music blaring from his headphones. His faded black hoodie had English lettering roughly designed on the front-likely the name of an American metal band, Robin decided.

It took several minutes under Robin's intense gaze before the young man noticed her. He plucked the headphones from his ears and smiled at Robin. He reached into the pocket of his hoodie and pressed a button, causing the bothersome music to cease. "I'm sorry, was that bothering you?"

Robin blushed as her natural passiveness took the better of her. She shook her head and answered, "No, you just remind me of a friend of mine."

Losing interest in his book, Amon raised an eyebrow, careful not to avert his gaze from the book as he listened intently to the conversation.

The young man's grin spread as he looked deep into Robin's emerald eyes. "I hope that he was a good friend, then. I'd hate to remind someone of something bad."

"He was a very good friend… I-I'm going to miss him."

"Ooh… You're not going back to Japan then? Hmm… Tell me, do you have a name to match that pretty face?"

Robin blushed again and her eyes dropped to the floor in anxiousness as she answered, "I am Robin."

The young man drew in a slow breath, feigning interest as he took a long look at Robin. [She's the one… Figures… The one person I start getting friendly with on this flight… I-dammit, this isn't right.]

Amon's eyes narrowed as he heard the young man's hesitation. Finally, he heard the boy provide a name, "I'm Chris."

Robin smiled as she reached her hand out to Chris. "Nice to meet you, Chris."

Chris took Robin's hand in his and shook it firmly, causing Robin to blush. "Nice to meet you too, Robin. So… where're you headed?"

Robin's eyes darted to Amon. She knew that they were supposed to be living a new life, one without running, fear, without the word 'witch' haunting them wherever they went. They were supposed to be normal people now, citizens-Amon even had a job waiting for him in the States as a police officer. Amon took along look at Chris, a scowl on his face as he looked at the young man of about eighteen years. Chris smiled innocently at Amon, his eyes reflecting a youthful innocence that is rare to see in any boy that age. Amon nodded indifferently to Robin, awaiting Chris's reaction.

Robin hesitated as she pulled her ticket receipt from a pocket in her flowing ebony dress. "Loo-eye-vula."

"Louisville? Kentucky? What a coincidence!"

Robin smiled, and, not missing a beat, replied, "Considering that Louisville is the last stop for this plane, I don't how it should be a coincidence."

Chris blushed embarrassment as he took in Robin's looks, slowly memorizing the every detail-not to mention curves-that she had to offer. "This your first time to the 'States?"

Robin nodded.

"You speak poor English, don't you?"

Robin nodded again.

"You don't know anyone else there either, do you?"

Nod.

"I see… Well… I know of a place just off of the interstate that serves excellent oriental food, and all of the employees speak Japanese-it's hard for American customers to order sometimes, you know?"

Robin giggled as she brought her hand to her face, gesturing amusement.

Chris pulled a blank piece of stationary from a folder under his comic book and pulled a pen from his pocket. He wrote down a number and an e-mail address, signing his name in English and Japanese before handing the paper to Robin. "My last name is Rose-I got stationary ordered, but when I got it, it was all pink and girly… Here, why don't you take the paper?"

Robin took a red folder as Chris handed it over to her and opened it, seeing that it was filled with pink stationary, each page with a red rose on the margin with the word 'Rose' at the top of the page. "It's pretty."

Chris nodded slowly. "Yeah, that's why it didn't do me any good. I'm not much of one to use 'pretty' stuff… except girls, I like pretty girls. And, you, Robin, are beautiful."

Robin blushed a shade of red to match the rose on the stationary as the plane's intercom interrupted their conversation.

"Flight 283 is preparing for landing. All passengers are urged to fasten their seat-belts and place all carry-on luggage in the storage over your heads."

~ ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~ ~

A.N. I know this first one was a short chapter, but it'll get longer as we go. Read and review ^_^