Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ An Unshackled Love ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An Unshackled Love
 
6/6/05
 
A/N: hi!
 
This is my first song fic. (Please don't shoot me for making a songfic. It was Yawgmoth's will for his messenger to do so! (Gets shot in back of head by some random person))
 
Mostly, I did it because seems y'all love AmonxRobin so much.
 
Yes. This is an unoriginal pairing from a guy who is totally anti-establishment. Why the hell did I do it? Well, I wanted to try to twist what you like to my own, Yawgmoth reviving purposes. (Hee hee hee) (Wait, how is a songfic any sort of dark ritual to revive a long dead monster? (Ponders this for a few hours))
 
As for the song, I won't tell. I want it to be a surprise. I'll just say that I hope the song acceptable. I don't know if you'll like it since its kinda old. And I am more rock oriented and an Evanescence fan. So don't ask why I choose this old romance song. I just like it. I really do. I recommend listening to it (listen to the version by the Righteous Brothers. Don't listen to the one by Clay Aiken. I haven't heard it, but I'm sure the song is slaughtered by him. Well, they just really screw up remakes nowadays.)
 
If you can't figure out the song name yet (which I'm sure you won't), look at the bottom for the disclaimer (why the hell did I put it at the bottom?) or simply read on. Maybe you'll figure it out. Not sure if anyone under 30 will figure it out right away. Just tell me if you like or hate, please. I like reviews. Good and bad accepted, for yin and yang must be kept in balance.
 
Well, if you do review, please do tell what I could have done better. Like if I screwed up a sentence and whatnot. But not stuff about dancing. On second thought, go ahead. Maybe I'll learn a thing or two.
 
And this takes place a couple of years after the factory incident in a city we don't expect to ever know. And I think the 2 are OOC. I haven't seen the show for so long here in Canada… well, I could watch the most of the series since I recorded it, but my dumb brother keeps on watching his recordings of SD Gundam Force, the worst Anime to have been made. Well, that's enough bitching from me. Well, it's true that Albertans are the best at complaining! (Burn to all who take the Albertans who take the health care system for granted and not take the other countries into consideration).
 
……………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;…………………………& #8230;……………
 
T'was a wonderful building. It's erect rectangular structure sparkling light back at you through the reflective windows. Its gray brick supporting its thirty floors. At the top, a lone penthouse suite saved for only the richest could go and please their need for relaxation.
 
Well, at least a few years ago.
 
It had been very much alive, being a hotel. But today, it was nothing but a shell, full with past sorrows… sorrows that a disaster brings.
 
0o0o0
 
Nobody could have predicted an earthquake would hit here. In fact, it had hit only this building, bewildering everyone. Shocking the people inside, mostly.
 
Amazing as it was, people who had been living inside had screamed the air out of their lungs as walls of gray brick caved in on them, crushing more oxygen out of them. Bricks fell. Dust plumed out. But in the end, there was still a building left. It surprised everybody.
 
A whole floor had been decimated. Floor 13 to be exact. Everybody on that floor had been crushed. Save a single man. He had simply walked down the stairs after the dust had cleared, and said, “Hey, the luck goddess smiled upon me. What can you expect?” he chuckled and left the astonished hotel workers and rescue crew to themselves. Not a scratch... as the man left the hotel entrance, the spinning doors somehow crushed themselves together, leaving a useless hunk of metal. One of the clerks at the desks saw this as he talked to a rescue officer. He also said he heard laughter from the survivor. Not only laughter, but the man had said quite humorously, “Stupid humans. No crafts for you!” The man was never heard of again.
 
Shortly after, the hotel closed down. It couldn't make the repairs, and couldn't even if it had wanted to. There was too much bad rep about it… the fact that it had been demolished on the 13th floor sent bad vibes to people. No one wanted to go to Satan's door hotel. The owner couldn't get the insurance covered since the company managed to swindle it away. Abandoned…
 
0o0o0
 
The building continued to waste away. Its decimated floor had nothing but a skeletal structure. The windows had been shattered from whatever force had caused this tragedy. Not much could be done for the poor old hotel, except to put it out of its misery. But it did receive a final honor.
 
Amon held on tight to Robin's hand, almost dragging her as he quickened his pace up the stairs. They had to continue. He turned to look at her… fear and sadness was all to be seen. He had to protect her. Possibly, just possibly, the hunter who was tailing them had lost them when they pushed their way through this run down building. Maybe she could live to see another day. But the look on Amon's face said differently. It was filled with hopelessness… even though he still had that emotionless expression, it still showed. Deep down, he knew it would be over.
 
“Amon, what can we run?” Robin cried as they passed the 13th floor. They could see into the night, for the walls of the stairway shaft they were in were gone. Amon took the brief moment of the outside to stare at it, for it could be their last. He took a few breaths and said, “I don't know, Robin. I just don't know.”
 
They continued. It was an eternity. They ran up, not knowing when it would end. But it did. The 2 finally reached a corridor leading to the penthouse of the hotel. Amon let go of Robin and thrust his shoulder into the door, breaking the portal open. The door swung open violently, Amon following it and landing in a heap on the floor. Robin stepped in and knelt beside him. “Are you OK?” she asked weakly as she her body accustomed to resting. Amon stared back and got back up, answering, “I'm fine. Are you? Did that hunter hurt you?”
 
“No.” Robin said. She winced a few seconds later. Amon noticed she was holding her side. Blood dripped from her hand and stained the already torn black glove… why had he made her run? More injury could have been caused. He should have stayed back and defended her, but the hunter had a very potent craft. And a good marksman. He had feared for the both of them…
 
Robin flinched when Amon removed her hand. He examined the wound. He could see a bullet had imbedded itself into her skin. He let out a small gasp upon this sight. He could see inscriptions on the metal invader… it was an anti witch bullet. It had to be taken out for Robin to even begin to heal… the effects of such a bullet… Robin was in more pain than she let on.
 
“This is going to hurt.” Robin paused for a few seconds blinking; wondering what was going to happen. She realized the bullet would have to come out.
 
She then held onto Amon's hand with both of hers, bracing herself for the worst.
 
Amon quickly stuck his hand into the tear in her skin and extracted the cursed metal. Robin tensed up and shut her eyes tight.
 
Robin let a stifled cry, and then began to relax after the torturous pain on her body receded. Her breathing slowly returned to normal. She returned her vision as Amon threw the bullet somewhere on the floor.
 
Amon said, a bit relieved, “We aren't through yet, Robin. We have to clean the wound.” Robin nodded weakly. She was in a terrible mess. She needed rest. They had been on the run from the same hunter for months… it had been progressively harder to escape him on every meeting. To Amon, the hunter was Satan.
 
ooo
 
Amon searched the large room for some form of gun or ammo. He was completely out from his fight with the hunter. Increasingly bigger piles of belongings accumulated on the floor. It was like a kinder's room during playtime. Whomever had been here last had decided to leave many things. This was fortunate, since they found a bottle of rubbing alcohol to clean Robin's wound. She was in the master bed, sleeping away the hurt.
 
Amon groped through another drawer… and gave up. He could find nothing… not even a knife… it seemed hopeless. They really were going to die by this man's hands.
 
Amon glumly went into the living room of the suite. Absolutely nothing. Hope… lost. He had failed… he knew it.
 
As he tried to comprehend were he had gone wrong, Amon noticed a small stereo system perched upon the huge screen TV. He wondered… the water had still been running. What about the electricity? True, the lights of the hotel room couldn't be turned on, but was it possible that the outlets still did? He examined the plug of the CD player… they weren't bent out of place. He plugged it in. He blinked. The player had turned on. It said on the screen that there was also a CD inside… he decided to play it. Maybe it could cheer Robin…
 
The first track played began to play. The song had a soft tune to it, like a lullaby for a babe. Its melody instantly soothed Amon.
 
Whoa… My love, my darling
I hunger for your touch…
 
“Amon, I found something to eat.” Amon, startled by the voice, quickly turned around to see Robin. She had snuck around behind him, and held a bag of chips as her prize, along with their coats. She formed a smile… she looked better. It had been about 2 hours since the bullet came out. He was surprised to see her better all ready… she is strong, Amon thought, as he proceeded to advance to her.
 
Alone. Lonely time.
 
“Would you…” Amon started. Robin finished, “… Like to dance?” He was startled… the look on her was that of pain… did she believe… this was their last chance as well? He loved her so much… and it was a well-kept secret for a long time. She was always one to help people… she wanted him to be happy… for everyone to be happy. Right now, Amon wanted to dance... to be with her.
 
And time goes by… so slowly…
 
She dropped the materials onto the hardwood floor… this place was very extravagant indeed. It was large and reflected moonlight off its white walls. And the living room was a ballroom (small, yes, but with a bit of imagination, it was grand indeed). Her arm then clutched the back of Amon's neck; the other held onto his waist. She did this with unexpected ease, for Father Juliano had taught her to do dance back in the monastery... back when she was 10 or so…
 
And time can do so much…
 
Amon took lead… he knew how to as well, but his teacher had been Touko. He was never hurt by this fact, even though it symbolized a past that was dead. They began a slow dance. Amon took lead…
 
Are you still mine?
 
Amon had wondered for the longest of times… if the Beauty that held around his nape had anyone else to lock eyes with and stare lovingly into… like Michael. He was her age; after all … a memory of a woman in the past who shoved him aside for another… it had hurt. A lot. But life has much reward for those who risk. And he loved this…
 
I need your love.
I need your love.
God speed your love to me.
 
Robin always wondered why Amon never came so close before. This was truly an experience… her chest was filled with passion for him… she felt like it overflowed from her. Like it had once upon a time… when she was in the well with him. Except this was deeper… she only wished right now that he had done this sooner…
 
Lonely rivers flow to the sea, to the sea,
To the open arms of the sea.
 
Robin's face seemed to sparkle on to Amon's, like that of a lake or something. It was almost like this room was supposed to be the sea… he began to see her face more clearly. Never had he gazed at her so closely…
 
Lonely rivers sigh, “wait for me, wait for me,”
I'll be coming home, wait for me…
 
So much wasted time… they had been with each other for nearly 2 years. Why didn't this moment come sooner? Only in a crisis… only near the end of the path. Only when forced to by fate… Robin thought this for a split second, and then was dragged back into her state of unwary bliss. Patience had been good to lead up to this…
 
Whoa! My love, my darling,
I hunger, hunger! for your touch…
 
They stopped dancing. Robin felt Amon's hand lift off her waist. It came to caress her cheek… then her face. It rubbed off nonexistent lipstick. It then parted and was replaced with something different… at first Robin couldn't comprehend what was going on.
 
A few seconds was what it took for her to realize it was his lips, resulting in a deep red blush on her cheeks… she closed her eyes and began to enjoy it…
 
For love. Lonely time.
 
Heh… this was going to be a lonely time, indeed.
 
Click!
 
And time goes by, so slowly…
 
Blam!
 
Amon's eyes opened violently.
 
Robin felt his lips part.
 
She could only watch helplessly as he fell backwards.
 
How come I couldn't protect her? Amon asked God.How can the hunter be still be alive after being filled with countless bullets and come to hunt us? How…Amon asked so many questions, ones he truly wanted to know. Ones that could never really be answered…
 
It was an eternity before he hit the floor.
 
He was lifeless by that time.
 
Robin's eyes filled with tears as blood flowed out of a puncture in his neck. She covered her mouth to vainly drown out the sound coming from deep in her throat… it, in actuality, came from her heart…
 
And time can do so much,
Are you still mine?
 
Robin rushed to his lifeless body. She bent low and over his head, trying to think of some way to help him. She lost total control… weeps echoed throughout the ghost of a hotel.
 
The hunter's jet black hair seemed alive to contrast his pale, dead-like face. He grinned, showing off a pair of abnormally long, sharp canines. Even though there were sunglasses to obstruct one's view of his face, it could be seen that he was very eager.
 
A purple fire arose from the floor. As if to be benign; it didn't blacken the wood. The hunter let out a small growl, as if to guide his craft like a mother bear to her cub.
 
It circled around Robin to form a ring of violent flames.
 
She was too preoccupied to notice this.
 
I need your love.
I need your love.
 
She needed her watch dog more than ever.
 
The steady stream of tears flowed from her, droplets collecting on Amon's steadily paling face, sliding off and flowing to his ears where they collected.
 
“AMON!”
 
Robin cried out with all her might.
 
She was all alone and vulnerable.
 
The violet heat engulfed her body. It was not like her craft. It did not hurt like hers, either. What it did was much more frightening. She felt her physical form slip away and watched as it fell upon Amon's form. She felt herself being lifted high into the air. She could see their bodies from a bird's eye view. Her hands raised to her face… they were a silvery translucent structure… she had to stop her tears, for she could feel nothing… she looked to the stars and saw what looked like Amon before a bright light. Heaven? His hand reached toward her, and she tried to accept…
 
The hunter, his hand wide open, shaking in his anticipation, suddenly crushed into a fist. The flame ring shackling Robin's waist exploded… and like a fire set on paper, quickly ate her soul in its eagerness. Robin was eyes-wide-open when this occurred. Amon's hand stretched further in desperation, but to no avail. He let out a small silver drop from his eye. The craft burned away her soul, leaving her body to die on the floor. The body cannot exist without the spirit to sustain.
 
The last thing to part of Robin to crumple amongst the flames was her one hand that clenched, as if it expected to grab onto some loved one.
 
Amon retreated into the light. He had to go back beyond the pearly gates.
 
Nothing was left.
 
The Hunter let out his glee in a sinister laugh. It was the only thing he let out. He, deep inside felt sorry, but this was neither the first or last love he would destroy. One cannot let pity control them. One had to be ruthless in the destruction of dangerous witches.
 
Amon felt lonely once more… he felt it would be more permanent this time…
 
Back to hell where you came from,” the Hunter said silently.
 

God speed your love to me.
 
The CD player let out a few final musical notes. It then shut off. The Hunter was gone and so were the bodies, quick as moonlight passing.
 
The hotel felt content… it did not know which side it had taken, but it was filling to have served a final purpose…
 
……………………̷ 0;………………………… 230;…………………………& #8230;……………
 
Disclaimer: I don't own WHR or “Unchained Melody” by Hy Zaret and Alex North (in this case, listen to the version by the Righteous Brothers. I think it sounds better. It was the theme song for the movie, Ghost.)
 
A/N: well, I hope you liked this tragedy.
 
Violence… this is the only way I can think of ever describing tragedy. It is the only way I've seen it in my life… I guess I have to fully relate to it.
 
Angst… that's basically what you get for listening to Linkin Park for the past 4 years. What? I liked them, especially Meteora! Well, listen closely to the lyrics, and that is me. A really hurt guy who would appreciate love, which is nonexistent. That's why I wanted to take a shot at writing a romance. And, quite frankly, I believe I am the suck at doing so! Having read like 1 romance prior to this in real life does not help. So, yes, Alin, it is rather girly and feminine of me to have done so, but I sucked like a man. So, in conclusion, I have created equilibrium! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha- (chokes on own spit. Takes a few seconds to swallow)-Ahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha! Ok. That's enough maniacal laughter.
 
(crickets chirping)
 
Oh, to hell with that! Mwahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahaha- (finally gets whacked in back of head by Alin, using his badminton racquet)
 
Ok, Ok. Don't have to do it more than once. Jeez, Alin.
 
Oh, and before I forget, congrats to all the graduates of St. Mary's Senior High School! Especially you, Jeff. You may not realize it, but your wise words have tacked on a few years onto my previously predicted short lifespan. Jeff, Alin, Eugene, Alex, Jeremy, Ericson, and all the rest of the grade 12's: good luck in college or the real world!
 
Yes… I will never forget them. Especially the fact that most of that lot cried when they got 80's instead of the 95's range. Sigh… it was fun while it lasted. One more year for me before real hell.
 
Yeah, I'm a real jerk for killing them off at the end, but I simply had to leave a twist of my own tastes. It had to be something really tragic and forceful, which is why I choose this song over popular music of today and set a tone which (I hope) conveyed a message of romance. Then, because I like to picture people squirming, I suddenly set it to a sudden death with no transition. Get the full effect of angst, that's what I'm hoping I did. Please, do tell if I did it effectively. I must know if this style of writing works.
 
Oh, the hunter was supposed to be a vampire. Had to insert my favorite of made up creatures into this. Half witch, half vampire. A character I've been working with. The craft is one I made up. In case you didn't understand it, unlike other crafts, it works on another plane. The spiritual plane. It is suppose to burn away souls to hell. Rips them from their body first, then the craft user gets to see the soul wither in agony. I like. You may not, realizing that Amon and Robin are in for more angst in the afterlife. I am such a jerk. The story had to end in tragedy, though, for I don't see that much in fanfics.
 
But if you steal my idea for a craft, may Squirrel Boy overrun you with his dishonorable horde.
 
And thx to Young Wiccan for the idea! (you are simply great!)