Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Soft Lashes ❯ Birth of A Blinded One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Behind Soft Lashes

Legal Blah: I think I'll put this under...WHR, haven't written one of those in a while. I don't own any chars. except mine though.

Key

*thinking*

"talking"

*thoughts progressing into speech"

//telepathy//

'substitute for italics'

(occassional poem or something else)

~POV~

::scene change::

Chapter One: Birth of a Blinded One

::Hospital::

"You have a beautiful baby girl! Any requests for this little one?" the nurse asks, cradling a baby Robin in her arms and cooing at her.

Her mother lays back against the pillows, panting.

"Yes, give her to Father Julio at the church...and let me hold her one last time." she says, patting Robin's tiny head of brown hair as the baby grabs her finger in that cute baby way. "Robin will be your name little one, Robin Sena, live on and become a great one in the way of the Craft..."

And that night little Robin was only a few minutes old as her mother passed away with her tightly in her embrace.

::Church, four years later::

"Noooo! I not want to!" a four year old Robin screams, throwing a tantrum as nuns strap her to a chair.

"I'm sorry Robin, we must do as God wills and so forth. Your ill-guided ways shall only get worse with time and so we must do what we will."

"No, no, no, no!!! I not do it anymore, noooooo!"

::STN-I conversing with STN-J::

"Are you sure she will be of any use to us as is?" says the leader of the STNJ.

"Yes, I assure you that she is our best, you will be pleased."

::Present day, on the streets::

The STN-J members are attempting to capture a witch at the moment.

Karasuma is chasing him down.

"Karasuma, don't make any wrong moves." Amon's voice crackles from her walkie-talkie.

"Right."

The witch suddenly attacks and Karasuma tries to shoot him, but he escapes.

"Damn. Amon, he's heading your way."

"Don't worry, I got him."

The witch tries to hide atop a building, but Amon manages to find him.

"Fool." he states, capturing him with three orbo shots to the leg, arm, and shoulder. He flips open his phone, calling The Factory.

::Meanwhile, STN-J headquarters::

Robin Sena, dressed in typical victorian garb, steps out of her cab and heads into Raben's Flat.

The doorman looks up from the book he's reading to go answer the buzzer.

"Yes?"

"My name is Robin Sena, I've arrived from Italy for a new assignment."

"Oh yeah, you must be Amon's new partner then, come on in and wait a few minutes."

"Alright." Robin replies, tapping her cane to see if there is a ledge, satisfied that there isn't one, she steps into the room.

*Why would they bring in a blind Craft User to hunt witches?* the doorman thinks, staring at the dark glasses over her eyes as she pads over to a chair.

"I can feel your eyes on me Mr. Doorman, you are thinking 'what use is she if she's blind?' aren't you?" Robin asks, tilting her head towards him.

The guard looks flustered.

"N-no, I wasn't thinking that at all Mrs. Robin!" he replies, waving his hands frantically.

"It is alright, people's first impressions are always like that, until they see what I do." Robin takes off her glasses, folding and placing them in her lap, laying both hands overtop them. She still has her face turned his way, he gasps at what he sees. "I have to embrace the gifts I am given, learn to live with them, even if I do not wish it." She returns her glasses to her eyes as Doujima walks in.

"Hi, who's this?" she asks, addressing the guard, and, without waiting for an answer, turns towards Robin, extending a hand. "I'm Doujima Yurika, what's your name?"

Robin grasps her hand firmly without having to search for it and shakes it.

"I am Robin Sena, it's nice to meet you, but I'm looking for someone named Amon."

"Ah, you're the replacement then, I'll be sure to tell the guys when I go upstairs. Caio Robin!" she winks, not knowing Robin can't see her, and heads for the elevator.

::Upstairs::

Meanwhile, Chief is lecturing Karasuma on the dangers of using bullets inside the city because they're difficult to find and they don't want to arouse suspicion.

"Yes, sir." Karasuma replies, her face coloring lightly.

"Good, now the witch that you captured was Nishigama Kento." chief says, pulling up the image of a man on the screen. "He apparently had an ally, Higashi Yuuji, who is 25 years old and unemployed." He pulls up an image of a second man. "Nishigama supposedly got his powers from Higashi."

Doujma walks in.

"Doujima, I'm going to start docking your pay if you don't get here early like you should!"

"Yeah, yeah, sure chief." she replies, winking coyly at him. "By the way guys, there's a girl waiting for Amon downstairs."

"Call the guard and tell him that he's left."

::Raben's Flat::

The guard hangs up the phone, sighing in annoyance.

"Well, they said Amon just left so I guess that means-wait, where are you going?"

"I'm hungry, and since he's not here I'm going to go eat. Do you know of a restaurant around here?"

"Yes, Harry's, on Third. Do you want a ride over, or should I call a taxi for you?"

"No, I believe I shall be alright alone. Thank you."

Robin makes her way out of the door, going down the sidewalk and soon she's out of sight.

::STN-J Headquarters::

Ring-ring! Ring-ring! Ring-ring! Ring-

Hattori, Chief Kosaka's Assistant, races into the office and quickly grabs up the phone with a breathless 'hello'?

"Yes, this is Headquarters, the replacement we sent apparently boarded the wrong plane and now we find out she's gone missing. If she turns up there notify us please."

"Right sir." he replies, putting the phone back into the reciever and going to tell the Chief who blinks, curses, and calls the guard to tell him to send the girl up.

"Sorry sir, she went down to Harry's, said she was hungry."

"WHAT?!"

::Out to catch the witch::

They all enter a warehouse with weird yellow sigils on the floor.

Amon and Sakaki start searching for the witch, not noticing that they are stepping into the circles of yellow sand.

They find him in a corner, he attacks teleknetically by binding his power with the yellow spirit so they try to sedate him with Orbo, but it doesn't seem to work as they are thrown back and falling everytime the witch sweeps his fingers across the floor.

::Outside the warehouse::

Robin has been found by Doujima and Zaizen, they approach the warehouse and she sniffs the air.

"A sigil." she says, walking under the door and into the warehouse. Doujima and Zaizen follow, about to move past her when she holds out an arm to stop them. "Wait, do you see that symbol just ahead?"

They nod yes, but then, remembering that she is blind; they correct their mistake by saying the word aloud.

"Good, you must not step on it." she replies, getting down to her knees just shy of the symbol and sniffing it.

"What're you-" Doujima starts, but Zaizen cuts her off.

"Shh, just watch how a real user of the Craft does it."

::Meanwhile, back with Amon and Sakaki::

Amon manages to evade the witch's power for a brief second, and is about to shoot him. However, the witch sweeps the ground again and Amon falls.

Suddenly, in the middle of this chaos, Robin steps in. The witch looks at her, starting to laugh.

"You're blind, what can you do?" he asks, not attempting to stifle his laughter.

"Many things friend, I have rewritten your sigil, so this is my territory now."

"Impossible, you have to have sight to even see it!" he says, trying to use his powers against her, but it doesn't work as Robin's fire appears and automatically blocks the attempt. She catches the witch's sleeve on fire (as well as a few minor things on the warehouse shelves) and while he's distracted Amon, Sakaki and Karasuma surround him, taking him out with Orbo bullets. The witch slumps over, out cold. Amon calls The Factory, after a while they get there and Amon goes over to Robin.

"Hm, you're my new partner? Not much use if you're blind are you?" he asks, walking off, but then calling back over his shoulder. "By the way, aim more efficiently, putting out fires is a nuisance."

*Then again, she did take down that witch...*

Robin sighs, cocking her head to the side and laughing slightly.

"Well, we shall see about that Amon, sight isn't always the best thing to have in this world. Not anymore." she whispers to herself. "And my aim is perfect thank you very much."

*Jerk in a can, pop the top, and instant pain in the neck.*

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Anaki: Like it? Hate it? First WHR fic I've actually written believe it or not, it won't follow the episodes exactly, but I wanted this first one to. If I feel like it, the others may too.

RC#16: Dude, this may actually be a good fic.

Anaki: Yay, thankies chibikins! Btw, he's my musey wusey! (Muse)

RC#16: I said don't call me that or I won't say it!

Anaki: -pout- Oh fine...

RC#16: Yes, score! Ahem...read and review!

Anaki: Yay!!! -glomp-

RC#16: Save meh!!!