Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Tainted Wings ❯ Hunts, Anonymous E-Mails, and Dreams ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]



Tainted Wings


Disclaimer:
I do not own Witch Hunter Robin. If I did, there would’ve been more than 26 episodes, and not just one season. Author’s Note: I think I’ve written about three versions of this fic, but either myself or my readers weren’t impressed with it, or I had absolutely no reviews. Well, I’m going to continue and finish this fic, whether anyone likes it or not, just to get it done and over with, and not having more and more ideas popping into my head and distracting me from my school work, which, by the way, gets me in so much trouble with a certain moron of a Geography teacher who couldn’t count to ten without taking his shoes off, if his life depended on it!

But I’m going slightly off topic, so I’ll just continue with what I was going to say before. This is going to be a Michael/Robin, OC/Robin, Amon/Karasuma, Sakaki/Doujima, and OC/OC fic. This should’ve been mentioned in the Disclaimer, but I’ll just mention it here. I do own my OC characters; Cobra, Ayame, Akira, Kenji, and Alex, but that’s it. I swear!

Hope you enjoy!

***



----------Part IHunts, Anonymous E-Mails, and Dreams

----------



“Toshi! Toshi, get back here!”


A man with shaggy, dirty blond hair and dark green eyes raced through the empty streets, his brown trench coat billowing in the wind behind him. He quickly turned a corner, his feet skidding along the damp sidewalk as he did so, and headed into the nearest dark alleyway. Finally, when the voice died down and he thought he was safe, the man stopped running and slumped against a brick wall, panting heavily.


When his breathing became stable once again, he sighed loudly and closed his eyes. Suddenly, he felt the tip of cool metal pressed against his forehead. His eyes snapped open, and to his surprise he found a gun pressed against his forehead. Not only that, but it was a girl who was handling it. She appeared to be around sixteen or so, and had shoulder-length bleach blonde hair and silver eyes rimmed with thick black eyelashes and eyeliner.


She had multiple piercing’s in both of her ears, along with a small silver ring in her nose. She had full, perfectly shaped lips painted over with black lipstick, and wore a smirk that told him that she thought she had obviously triumphed over him. She also wore a tight, dark purple dress that reached just above her thighs and exposed her midriff, a pair of knee-length black leather boots and black fishnet tights, and a long black trench coat to top off the look.


“There’s no point in running, Toshi. I’ve got you cornered.” She warned him as he tried to move, but she stopped him by pressing the gun harder against his forehead.


“Who are you?” Masakazu Toshi found himself asking, as he bit down on his bottom lip hard enough to draw blood, “Why are you doing this?”


“Who I am is none of your concern, Witch.” The girl spat out angrily, “And as for why I’m doing it… let’s just say it’s part of my job.” She licked her lips as her smirk grew wider. She could see the fear in this man’s eyes.


“Are you one of those Witch Hunters?” Masakazu dared to ask, even though his instincts told him not to. However, curiosity got the better of him.


“I might be,” the girl drawled in a mocking voice, “What’s it to you?”


“I haven’t done anything!” exclaimed Masakazu, “I’m innocent! Why are you after me?”


“You’re responsible for killing my Father.” The girl hissed, “Nicholas McDoyle. He was your best friend in High School, was he not? And. You. Killed. Him.”


“I - I’m sorry!” stammered Masakazu, “I - I never meant to bring any harm to you or your Mother! But you must understand something… he was getting out of control! He tried to kill me first, and I did the only thing I could do!”


The girl laughed. But it wasn’t the sweet laughter a normal teenage girl would have. No… this laughter was both harsh and malicious.


“And now you became the very thing he was. You’re a killer, Toshi. First my Father, and now the innocent citizens of Shinjuku. What do you have to say for yourself before I kill you and send you to Hell, where you belong?” asked the girl.


“I’m… sorry.” Masakazu whispered.


The girl smirked.


“That’s all?” After a nod, she continued, “Very well.”


And then she pulled the trigger. Masakazu’s eyes rolled to the back of his head as his body gave way and crumpled to the ground. The girl cringed in disgust and took a step back from the dead corpse, just as three fellow Witch Hunters caught up with her. The first one, the oldest and most experienced Hunter, Miho Karasuma, put her gun away as she neared the scene, while the other two Hunters quickly followed suit.


“Michael, Kenji, tell the Chief that the Hunt is over.” She ordered, as four men dressed in black put Masakazu’s body on stretcher and carried him into a truck, before driving off.


‘Will do, Miss Karasuma.’ Michael’s voice rang through the headphones that everyone was wearing.


***


“Will do, Miss Karasuma.” Michael told Karasuma after she explained to him and Kenji, the youngest member of the team, that the Hunt was over.


“This is the eighth time in a row that Alex has caught a Witch and killed him on her own,” said Kenji, as his cheeks burned a light shade of pink at the thought of the beautiful and cunning Hunter that was Miss Alexandra McDoyle, “For a Rookie like her, she’s pretty good.”


“And way out of your league!” chuckled Michael.


“That’s real encouraging; thanks.” Kenji muttered, sarcasm dripping in his tone as he pulled off his headphones and stood up, shutting off his computer in the process before turning to face the older Hacker, “See you tomorrow, Michael.”


Michael nodded in response and watched Kenji snatch his coat and head out of the office. Once he was sure Kenji was gone or at least out of earshot, he let out a loud sigh and went back to typing away at his keyboard, trying to find any interesting information that he could get his hands on. Usually, around this time, he’d be getting ready to head home also. But tonight he just wasn’t tired, and he was extremely bored. After a few minutes of clicking and typing, Michael realized that there just simply wasn’t any new information in. The STN-J Hacker sighed out of boredom and was about to log off when a strange notice popped up onto his screen.


Curious, Michael sat back down and clicked on it. It was an E-Mail from an anonymous source. The redhead arched an eyebrow. Who would be sending him an E-Mail at nearly three in the morning? Usually it was Miss Doujima who received E-Mails from random guys who had developed huge crushes on her after having a casual conversation. And, being the flirt that she was, Doujima would give them her phone number and E-Mail addresses, and even her actual address if they were cute enough. Michael shook his head and rolled his eyes. A smile tugged at the corners of his lips as he finally began to read the E-Mail.


His smile instantly faded when he realized that it really wasn’t anything interesting or special at all. In fact, it could barely even qualify as an E-Mail. It just had the name of a restaurant, a date, and a time. Michael blinked in confusion.


Harry’s
October 1st, 2012
9:45 AM


“October first?” Michael muttered aloud, “That’s… today!”


Although it didn’t say it in the E-Mail, Michael was pretty sure this anonymous person wanted to meet him at Harry’s today at quarter to ten in the morning.


“Alright, anonymous source, I’ll meet you.” He said to no one in particular.


“Meet who?” asked a familiar voice, causing Michael to quickly exit the E-Mail and whirl around in his computer chair, startled to find Sakaki standing there with a puzzled expression written on his face.


“Oh, Haruto, it’s just you.” Michael sighed in relief.


Sakaki smirked.


“Were you expecting someone else?” He asked teasingly, before continuing, “Anyways… who are you meeting?”


“Uh, no one!” lied Michael.


Sakaki sighed. He knew Michael was lying. He also knew Michael would deny everything if he pushed the subject any further; and that’s exactly why he left it where it was.


“Whatever you say,” he said, “I just came back to get my wallet.” He made his way over to his desk and grabbed his wallet before heading out the door. However, he stopped and smirked at Michael, “I hope you’re not looking at anything you’re not supposed to be looking at, if you know what I mean.”


Michael looked completely baffled by this false accusation. His face burned a deep shade of red as he shook his head repeatedly and tried to defend himself.


“Of course not!” He exclaimed, “I’m not like that!”


Sakaki grinned at the Hacker.


“I know,” he said, “I’m just kidding. Have a sense of humor. I haven’t seen that side of you since Amon and Robin…” He stopped talking abruptly and trailed off, glancing down at the ground, “Oops. That was a mistake. I shouldn’t have brought it up.”


Michael hung his head.


“It’s okay, Haruto.” He assured the former Rookie Hunter, “You forgot.”


Sakaki sighed.


“Well, I’ll see you later. Bye.” He waved in a very Doujima-like manner before heading out the door, leaving Michael, once again, alone in the office with only his thoughts to occupy him.


The STN-J’s resident Hacker sighed and rested his chin in the palm of his hand, before allowing his eyes to droop shut. He was just resting his eyes. Or, at least, that’s what he told himself. He wasn’t going to sleep. Just resting his eyes. Just…


His mind blacked out as he was consumed by darkness.


***


Cold…


It was so cold…


A figure dressed in black made his way across the empty streets of Shinjuku. Rain poured heavily from the darkened sky above him, splashing along the broken glass of windows, abandoned cars, and crumbling buildings. As the small droplets of rain continued to fall from the sky, he heard the sound of a twig snapping from behind. The figure, who appeared to be around eighteen or so, whirled around, pulling out his gun in a reflex motive. The lenses of his orange-tinted glasses were smeared with water, and he could scarcely see a thing. He relaxed a bit when he saw no one.


It must’ve been his imagination. That’s what he convinced his thoughts until he heard a splashing sound - as if someone just ran through a puddle - from behind. He knew he hadn’t been imagining that sound. With his gun ready, he whirled around once again, ready to pull the trigger. His eyes widened slightly as he saw a figure - a girl, to be exact - wearing a long, black Victorian dress, making her way slowly towards him. She had light blonde hair tied back with black ribbons into a strange, handlebar-like style, and emerald green eyes. He lowered his gun a bit, but didn’t put it away.


His legs unconsciously began moving, and he found himself walking towards her. Once he was standing in front of her, he smiled, reaching out and cupping her pale cheek with his hand. The girl’s own lips curled into a small smile as she reached up and began caressing his own cheek with her soft, smooth hand. A few seconds later, the gun slipped from his grasp and hit the ground with a clattering sound. He wrapped his now free arm around her waist, pulling her towards him, before leaning closer and pressing his lips against hers.


It was an extraordinary feeling. He smiled against her lips as she wrapped her arms around his neck and returned the kiss. He pulled her closer, if possible, and deepened the kiss by flicking his tongue out and tracing her bottom lip with it, silently asking permission. She sighed in pleasure and parted her lips, granting him access. Their tongues met in a fiery duel of passion.


They stood like that for what seemed like hours, but had really only been a minute or two. Finally, his conscious ruined this beautiful moment by telling him he needed oxygen. As he pulled away to break the kiss for air, her grip around his neck tightened. She wouldn’t release him. He gently placed his hands on her shoulders, trying to push her away, but her grip only tightened even more.


Finally, with all his might, he managed to break the kiss and pull away, gasping for air. He looked down at her, startled to see the uncharacteristic smirk playing across her features. He gasped as two figures appeared on either side of him, guns pointed to his head, while a third figure appeared behind HER and gathered her in his arms. He opened his mouth to speak, but found that no sound came out.


“I’m sorry, Michael…” She drawled. The tone of her voice held no emotion, making it seem as if she were in a trance of some sort, “But I don’t love you anymore. Cobra is the one I’ve chosen.”


“What?” He exclaimed.


He could feel his heart break. It was a horrible feeling. Tears began to build up in his eyes, and he had to bite down on his bottom lip to prevent them from escaping. The man who held HER in his arms smirked and snapped his fingers. The figure on his left pulled the trigger, and Michael could feel a bullet pierce through his left arm, tearing at flesh, muscle, and bone as it went. Michael cried out in agony, gripping his arm tightly with his right hand as he fell to his knees.


He could hear Cobra and his followers laughing. That didn’t bother him. What DID bother him, however, was the fact that SHE was laughing also. Her soft, angelic giggles were no more, replaced with malicious laughter.


“Robin…” He whispered, “Why?”


She didn’t answer. Instead, she just stopped laughing and stared at him. Her eyes showed no emotion whatsoever. They were practically empty.


“Do it. Do it now!” ordered Cobra.


The figure standing on his right nodded and pulled the trigger of his gun.


***


SLAP!


Michael awoke with a start at the feeling of someone’s hand against the back of his head. He fell off his chair and landed on the ground with a loud thud. As he slowly grew aware of where he was, he managed to rise to his feet, rubbing the back of his head as he did so, and turning to face the amused expressions of Doujima, Sakaki, Kenji, and Alex. He frowned.


“Aw, cheer up, Michael!” Sakaki joked, patting Michael on the shoulder and grinning broadly.


“Did I fall asleep?” asked Michael.


“Apparently.” Kenji answered, shrugging.


Suddenly, a thought struck Michael. His eyes widened as he remembered the E-Mail.


“Haruto! What time is it?” He exclaimed.


“Quarter after nine.” Sakaki answered, “Why?”


“I’ve got thirty minutes!” said Michael, frantically, as he raced around the office in search for his coat.


“Thirty minutes?” repeated Doujima, Alex, and Kenji in confusion.


“For what?” asked Kenji.


“None of your business!” snapped Michael, grabbing his coat and slipping it on, before racing out of the office and into the elevator, leaving four completely puzzled STN-J members alone in the office.


By the time he reached the first floor, Michael was in a complete, paranoid, panic-state. Would he make it to Harry’s in time? How did he look? For the love of God, why did he care? He quickly brushed away the last thought and ran down the hall, not even noticing the familiar figure dressed in black making his way slowly down the hall.


“Hello Michael.” Karasuma greeted as she entered the building, “Where are you going in such a -” She was completely cut off when Michael greeted her quickly and ran past her so quickly that he nearly knocked her off her feet.


“- hurry?” she finished, regaining her balance and watching the Hacker run down the sidewalk, “Well, of all the nerve!”


***


“Well… I must say… I am quite surprised to see you here again… how are you?” The owner of Harry’s, Kobari Yuji, otherwise known as ‘Master’, asked kindly, as he stared at the young blonde woman dressed in black.


“I’m fine, thanks.” The woman answered, smiling politely at him.


“What would you like?” Master asked, “The usual?”


She nodded before heading over to her table and sitting down. A small sigh escaped her lips as she twirled a strand of blonde hair around her finger in a very feminine manner. She was so nervous. She was about to meet up with someone who she hadn’t seen or talked to in almost three years. Would he remember her? Would he be angry once he found out who she was or why she was back?


She scolded herself. Of course he would remember her. She wouldn’t doubt it for a minute. But the second question continued to float around in her mind, and she began to chew nervously at her bottom lip, just as someone else entered the building. She looked up, a small gasp emitting from her lips as she recognized the figure making his way over to the counter, where Master was getting her tea ready.


***


“Oh, hello Michael! I haven’t seen you around here in a while. How are you?” asked Master, turning to face the young man on the other side of the counter.


“I’m fine.” Michael answered, “But I’m not here to get a drink or anything. I’m supposed to meet someone.”


Master grinned.


“Could that someone be that pretty young lady sitting at the table?” He asked, pointing towards a table occupied by only one person.


Michael followed the man’s gaze, his eyes settling upon a familiar face. His jaw nearly hit the floor.


ROBIN?” He exclaimed.


***


And that’s the end of chapter one.

Before anyone decides to flame me about the dream, I’d like to apologize ahead of time. I know, it sucked. You don’t have to remind me. Also, when Alex was mentioning that Toshi was killing the innocent citizens of Shinjuku… I’m really not sure where the characters are in the series, but I could’ve sworn I heard Karasuma mention in one of the episodes that they were in Shinjuku. I’m almost positive that that’s where they are.

Please review! I hope you enjoyed!


~Princess Randi~