Witch Hunter Robin Fan Fiction ❯ Unbroken Chains ❯ Prologue ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Witch Hunter Robin.

Summary: A clock strikes the Sabbath hour. People gather in the shadows, drawn together by hatred that has spawned over countless centuries. The chains of war have yet to be unbroken. The chaos continues until all their blood is split...unless they can stop them.

Prologue

*England 1347*

A cold, fearful wind blew through the old town. Most of the shutters to the windows of the houses lining the streets were closed securely in fear of witches coming to gathering the children. A few late night travelers were walking down the streets quickly in search of a place to stay.

There was nothing open at that hour.

The night itself would have been calm if it weren't for the small gathering of people outside an old wooden shack belonging to Widow Liza, who lived by the river. A large, portly man, most likely the judge, stood in front of a middle-aged woman. The woman was tied to a stake, bundles of straw surrounding her at her feet. Two men were waiting behind with torches.

The widow herself was standing not too far away watching the scene unfold. In her aged hand was an ancient ring. She had to leave before they found her. It was the woman's last request. She gave a silent prayer and hurriedly fled the scene.

She still could hear everything.

<<<<<>>>>>

"Have ye anything to say, witch?"

The judge leered at her. The woman narrowed her eyes. The coven she now faced was of her own. They were worthless now, having betrayed her and choosing to rid of her and the remainder of her followers in a cruel, torturous way. She had given her final possession to her friend, the widow. Her descendants would avenge her. It would be a duty belonging to the carrier of the ring.

She laughed. Everyone was taken back by her boldness.

"Ye have nothing to say, witch?" She spat at him.

"I curse ye! Ye cannot be brave enough that ye must go through them! Ye and everyone witch hunter involved in this war will perish! My descendents shall avenge me!"

Her voice ran clear in the night air. The wind began to howl. In the distance, an owl hooted in a rotted, hollow tree trunk, scaring the spectators gathered. The judge glared at the woman and signaled to the other two men.

"Burn her."

The bundles of straw were lit. The woman clamped her mouth shut, refusing to give in to the urge to scream in pain. Her vision darkened. The fire scorched her skin, the oils causing the flames to grow higher and hotter. Ultimately, she gave in.

She screamed her final curse.

<<<<<>>>>>

Footsteps filled the corridor of the old warehouse. Amon stood in the shadows, waiting patiently for the witch to come to him. Each footfall came closer and closer. He quickly stepped out of the shadows and fired. The witch looked at him in surprise and used his power to stop the bullet within millimeters of his chest. He gave Amon a scathing glare.

Amon felt his body suddenly grow numb, his gun falling to the floor, and found himself being thrown through the air and into the nearest wall. The click of heels told him that Robin and Karasuma were on their way. He was picked up again and shoved against the ceiling before being allowed to fall limply to the ground. Amon cursed and tried to get up and retrieve his fallen gun.

The witch turned him over and knelt, placing his knee slowly on top of his throat.

"You're a hunter, eh? Well, I got some news for ya. You tell them damn bitches to stay the fuck out of my way and I won't harm 'em. Understand?" Amon didn't get a chance to answer. His body crashed through the window and hung suspended some forty feet above the ground. The witch smiled.

"You have nothing to say, do ya?" The witch took a step closer. "Ah well. Can't say that I didn't have fun."

Amon felt himself falling. The feeling cam back to his body and he grabbed the railing. He heard the witch calling out names for no reason and quickly, as best as he could through a terrible migraine.

Shots were fired and the witch gave a shout of dismay before all went quiet. Amon climbed in through the window and slumped against the wall. He had expected resistance but he didn't expect the witch to be as skilled as he was.

He felt the back of his head. His fingers came away sticky with blood. He closed his eyes momentarily before he felt a hand on his shoulder. He opened them to see Robin looking at him in concern.

"I have to get in touch with Michael."

<<<<<>>>>>

Michael yawned as he typed the names Amon was giving him. Several screens popped up. He randomly clicked on one and read the information to Amon. A message appeared on the upper right corner of the computer screen. He opened it and skimmed through it. It was a single line.

'The war continues.'

_______________________________________________________________ _________________

This is my first Witch Hunter Robin fanfic. I've given it a try, having had this idea in my head since I saw my first episode. If I get any information wrong, please let me know. I haven't been able to see many of the episodes but I do have the first five.

I appreciate any constructive criticism and compliments. Feel free to leave any. Please, no flames.