Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Before the Rain ❯ Before the Rain ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]



         You all know Hige right? He met up with Kiba and the story goes for there. In the shows he mentions that he can't remember much, and towards the end he says that he'd done horrid things. We found out that he worked for Lady Jargara. He hunted down his own kind for her. That's why he said that he could never go to the same world as Kiba and the others. We know all of that, but did he like working for her? Did she treat him well? Were there ohter wolves working for Jargara? In short, what about the details? This is what I think happened.
         Lady Jargara sat in her throne waiting for her two assitants to get back. "It's been three days since I sent them out. They should be back any minute."
         Meanwhile in the cold air five wolves sat in a cave waiting for the storm to let up. Hige and Victoria stood at the opening of the cave watching the snow fall. Victoria kept glancing at him. He didn't seem to fond of taking peeks at her though. He looked back at the three wolves lying on the ground. "Come on," he told them.
         They all stood and walked into the snow. "Are you two that is safe to keep going?" one of the wolves asked.
         "Don't worry," Victoria said, "we know where we're going. We'll be there soon."
         They got at the limits of the city and saw Jargara's keep. The three wolves bent down their ears and turned around to run.
         Victoria chased after them, but fell on her face. Hige bent his head, "well, they won't trust us anymore."
         Victoria growled, "What's your problem? You didn't even try to catch them! You expect me to do all the work."
         He put his hands over his head, "you can't prove that."
         "Yeah, well, well........what are we supposed to tell Lady Jargara?"
         Hige turned around and began walking inside, "I'll take the blame. Don't worry about it."
         Victoria frowned and caught up to him, "You can't. It would be your third strike."
         "What does third strike mean anyway? She won't do anything to me."
         "Hige, you don't care do you. She may kill you!"
         "If she does then she does."
         They walked in and bowed to Jargara. "you lost them didn't you?" she asked.
         Hige looked up, "All my fault. I'm sorry."
         Jargara arched her eyebrows. She got up and walked over to Hige. "Stand up," she commanded. He did as he was told but was knocked right off his feet again by her swift kick.
         She drew her sword and put the tip on his neck. "Now my darling Hige, don't make me kill you. Are you unhappy here? Is that why you won't do a good job?"
         He put a straight face on. "It's just that.....I guess you've been treating me to well."
         "Oh I love spoiled puppies, but they tend to not listen too well. I can fix that tonight." She put a chained leash on his collar and tugged. He followed her her, and Victoria watched as they left the room.
         Later that night Victoria went looking for where she took Hige. They both shared a room; so she wondered why he hadn't come back. She sniffed around the hall and smelled his blood.
         She ran into the dungeon and saw him in one of the cells. "Hige, are you awake?"
         He slowly opened his eyes and looked at her. "You were right. Strike three is bad." He had blood everywhere, and he was lying in a krimson puddle.
         "I won't leave you, Hige," she said as she laid down beside the great iron bars. Hige laid on the floor next to her and fell asleep.
         The next morning Hige woke up to a loud banging on the iron bars. He opened his eyes and saw Lady Jargara thumping the bars with her sword. "Up Hige!" she said forcefully. He stood and leaned against the wall. "Sorry if you have a headache. Although you gave it to yourself. Come, you will have the day to recover."
         Hige turned into his wolf form and walked out of the dungeon. He carefully walked up the stairs and saw Victoria waiting for him. They walked to their room, and Victoria closed the door. "You okay?"she asked.
         He laid on his bed and nodded. "I'm getting out of here one day. I swear it."
         "But she has us in her grasp. We can never leave. The only way is to....to"
         "Don't say that! I will not die here, and neither will you."
         Victoria's eyes narrowed, "Keep on Hige. Go ahead get yourself into trouble! She'll kill you!"
         "No she won't. I'm getting out. You can come, too."
         "No, stay here. Stay with me," she rubbed against him. "I, well, I love you, Hige. I want you here with me. I want you alive. I enjoy your company."
         He looked at her for awhile and leaned closer. She thought that he was going to kiss her, but he didn't. He just hugged her. "I'm sorry, but,"
         She pushed him away, "Don't tell me that! We've spent most of our lives together! How can you not love me!"
         He got up and went to the door, "that doesn't mean that I'm gonna automatically love you. I'm leaving; you coming."
         She teared a little. "How will you get out?"
         "Tell her that I'm getting fresh air. Sure we'll have to fight, but I'll protect you; so, come on."
         She laid on her bed, "Go ahead and leave."
         "But you-"
         "Go!!" she screamed.
         Hige felt bad but went on anyway. Jargara didn't seem to do anything about it until he got past city limits. She came out of nowhere and whipped him hard.
         "Getting some fresh air?"she asked.
         He quickly bowed before her, "My Lady."
         She kicked him and pulled out her sword. "You know what, Hige? I named you." She bent down to his level. "Hige was my younger brother. Yes Homina and I were sisters, but we had a brother, too. He died at four years old. I loved him so dearly. But you came along. That's why you're my favorite."
         Hige looked away, "then why do you treat me so badly?"
         Jagara caressed his face, "I love you. The real kind of love. So," She got up and pointed a gun at him. "I'll set you free."
         Hige felt a sharp pain hit his temple, and he fainted on the ground. Jargara threw the gun on the ground. "take him to another city or town. He should wake in 20 hours."
         ..........................................
    &nbs p;