Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Fading Memories ❯ The Dream Once Again ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
This is a very special fic for me. Now, don't blame me if this is a little whacked. I've only seen through episode 20 (THE MOST ANGSTY EPISODE.....in my opinion.) and this is a pairing as of my writing no one in fanfiction has done. Or anywhere for that matter.

The pairings.......Kibe/....................................................... ........................................(almost there)...........Myu!

WHY ISN'T THERE ANY ABOUT THIS?! We got yaoi, wolf/Chezza, wolf/OC, I mean come on! Even the minor's get one fic to their own once in a while. Jeez.

BTW, Myu is a real character in Wolf's Rain. She's in episode 19 and 20.

Remember! I haven't seen the entire series! And I don't own Wolf's Rain. That's the studio's job (which so far has NO happy ending animes as of I'm typing)

======================================================================== =====================

Paradise. It's what every wolf wanted in the past, and sometimes....every human at one point. The legend says, according to an indian tribe in a journey not so long ago, "The world will end when the wolves enter Paradise. Shake and rumble will it be until it is no more." But I didn't care, because I driven myself too far, too long to quit because of the end of the world. I faced Nobles, gunshots, soldiers...even death. Nothing stopped me to find Paradise.

So I did find it, and the world ended like the legend says. There was however, another legend after that. "When the wolves enter the land known as Paradise, the world will end and join the forgotten past that was erased. Both the past and the present will make the future as one once again. The true purpose of the journey of the Luna Flowers."

That was the real quest. Tsume, Hige, Toboe, and me went through so much to find Paradise for wolves, when it was actually a paradise for the world. When Chezza and I went through the doors of Paradise, the world just flashed. I was blinded by the light, but then again everyone was blind by the truth.

People said that it was two weeks since we came back from the gate of Paradise since the new one was joined. The first thing I saw coming out were the guys, smiling and cheering as if nothing happened. Then the cheers grew with more people, crowds, cities worth, both humans and wolves. I was shocked, as you can guess by all this. 'Why were the humans here? Do they know?'

When Toboe became a wolf right in front of my eyes, my reaction was to kill anyone that threatened him. But that never came, just a pat on his head....by a human. They knew Toboe's secret. They knew our secret. So I fainted. Pretty dumb, huh?

I woke up, a cold rag on my head. It was weird because I was a wolf, yet there was a human there tending to my needs. I was confused, would've been still if it weren't for the nearby Toboe. I got up, became human, mostly because I was used to being one.

"Toboe, what....what is going? Why are all these human-"

He hushed, then cleared his throat preparing an explanation. "Well, ever since you entered Paradise, the world has been a little different. It seems that their was a world before big and beautiful, with everyone living with us peacefully. They knew we were wolves, a happy time that wolf and humans lived together."

My head was spinning from all of this. Entering Paradise did all this? Changed the world, or reverted it back to what it was before the Nobles changed it. I had to know more. "Why did....all this happen? I was only with Chezza for one day."

He put a finger up, telling me he was not done. "Yeah, about that. As you know, Paradise is sometimes known as a place where time stood still. I think that's why time went so slow for you guys. It's actually been two weeks since you entered it."

So....it's been that long, huh? That the world respects us....even play with us knowing our secrets. It was truly a paradise I could get used to. My journey is now over.

===One week later===

I'm walking through the local bazaar, like I always do, seeing the new merchants and items that are available. And each and everytime, I'm offered free stuff because somehow, I am their savior. The one that brought this world back. Go figure.

Chezza was the same, too. She loved all that was in the world, each and everything. The people and wolves looked at her like some sort of Godly Mother, comforting their sadness and somethimes harsh times. Guess that's why she's been crowned like a pope or something in this city. Not a Noble, no soldiers, no secruity, because there was no reason to cause chaos. What would be the point? Everyone was happy. Everyone found their Paradise.

Except......mabye me.........

I don't know how to explain it, but I still feel an empty hole in my soul whenever I think of happiness. This was a perfect world, no pain, no worry, just love. Mabye that's what I'm missing......love.

I wondered why I feel like this, when did I feel this? I could remember everything about my life. The journey to Paradise, the life with an old man I had before the city. The fire that took my family. Everything.....except one.

Every now and then, I wake up to a cold sweat dreaming about an indian's village. Not mine, but something else. It was....the last peaceful place I was in before going against Darcia for the second time. That was the memory gap. The time when Chezza was kidnapped......then I left the village.

What happened during that time? Where was I? Who was I with? Was there anything to remember?

Then I pressed against my human chest. It felt lonely when I try to remember that gap in my memories. Yes, that was it! That gap is my true Paradise. Something happened there that would let me truly be happy! I had to know, but where should I look?

The idea hit me. Of course! The guys would know. They found me after all, so they would tell what happened. I ran as fast as I could in my wolf form, searching the guys. Then I realized I had to think this over. The guys are really speard far apart, and I have to figure out which would be the most helpful.

Toboe was the caretaker of the nursey, so he's busy. Those little babies and pups always did take a liking to him.

Hige was probably hitting on all the girls right, so he's busy....I guess.

Chezza is too busy....and besides, the world needs her. I can do this without bothering her.

Blue wasn't there, cause she wasn't with us. That leaves....Tsume! He was there, and I hardly doubt he's busy right know doing something important.

But then, there's the problem in itself. Since he's not busy, I don't where the heck is he at. I know a little about Tsume's new habits, but that still isn't good enough. I had to think clearly. What was Tsume's favorite place?

Let's see, he likes killing, cursing, killing, danger, killing.......oh boy, I have a feeling this place will not exactly be pleasant. Well, that doesn't matter. I'll do what ever it takes to find whatever is my happiness.

So I ran as hard as I can that described what Tsume might do. The tuna factory.

Walking in one of the hangers to hold the fish, I knew being a wolf was a bad idea. Too much blood and, well fish was making me dizzy. I went human and quickly used my jacket to cover my nosem then I went in.

"Tsume? Are you here? Tsume! I need to talk!" I shouted with all my might, hoping I don't have to search again in another hanger.

That's when my ears picked up silent jumping. Yeah, he was definetly here. Just doing his usual excerise so he doesn't get rusty.

"Tsume, is that you? I need to talk to you." I sensed movement, so I turned and there he was. Smirking at me.

"Well, I see the great Kiba hasn't completly lost his edge."

"Thanks. Anyway, can we talk....er, outside please?"

He sighed, mumbling about needing the smell of blood and killing to keep him sane. So we went out, away from the dead fish.

"So, what does the great Kiba need from the Tsume the terrible?" he crossed his arms, smirking at the titles the world has given us.

"I....I need to know something. Do you remember an indian village we were in before Darcia?"

"Yeah, I remember. That's before I died. So?" His face told he didn't want to remember such pain....or mabye he killed more fishes today.

I continued, regardless. "Do you remember what happened after Chezza was kidnapped and before we left the village?"

"Why, you got a gap or something in your head?"

I forcefully shook my head. Then he became serious.

"Sorry. So, you want me to tell you what happened in that gap? I guess it's possible since everyone got blasted into nothingnes, then put back together. Mabye becoming yourself again made a part of your head blocked out or something."

Tsume sat down by the bay, clearing his throat before the story. "After Chezza was taken by Jagera, you started running towards the ship, which was crazy by the way. For a while, we thought you were dead. During that time, we tried searching for you and we came across some indians and a village. That's when we heard about the Paradise legend. Anyway, they told us of an area where no one came back. Like the idiots we were, we went and found some Noble soldier trash. We beat them up, of course, but then we found your body. One of the indians said your soul was taken or some crud."

"So then what?" As I heard this, I told myself that really did happen. His memory was starting to come together.

"Well, we brought you back to the indian's nut- er, I mean elder, to bring your soul back. Lot of crud if you ask me, but you woke up. That was good, I guess. But before we left, you said something about dreaming."

"Dreaming?" Yes, I dreamed something. But what?

"You said the dream was about.....a girl. Some gir, I guess. You really loosed up after that, really."

A girl. What girl? Another wolf? What girl is he talking about? What girl? Why can't I remember? Why can't remember the girl? What is wrong with me? Why can't I remember?!

"Kiba?"

"WHY CAN'T I REMEMBER?!!" Then everything went black.


===Somehwere===

I awoke again. It was a bright, blue sky colored by a rainbow of sort. I stood up, wanting to know how in the world did I get to a forest in the middle of the city? There was....a green hill, a rainbow lake, lot's of normal animals around. Nothing really interesting....yet somehow I feel at peace here. The same feeling I had when I was looking for the previous Paradise. What was about this place that gave me this feeling?

Walking atop the hill, I wanted a better look at this strange rainbow lake. The colors swirl around, meeting to the middle of the clear, blue center. I looke down, seeing my face on the reflection. It looked so good. I just had to see how it tastes.

Bending down, I decided to use my hands, not wanting to spoil the water with my tongue. Each scoop I brought to my mouth, each tasting good. The colors must be flavors as it rehydrated like I was in the desert my entire life.

I finished my last fill, smiling at the sun above for this water. I felt....unusually good. I don't know why or how I'm here, but it didn't matter. This was peaceful.

Then I looked across the lake to see a figure. I've heard about these animals-the caracal are small, but fast....like us wolves. It stared at me curiously, as did I. Then the feeling came....like I knew this certain animal. It's scent- it was a human animal. One that can change between the two. I had to know, I just had to know why this one urges me so.

So I ran as fast as I could as a wolf, towards the caracal that makes my soul go numb. The figure did the same, going just as strong as me. I suddenly stopped, only a foot away from the also-still one. We played a little cat and mouse, us strafing along the grass with me covering the way. It then tries going foward one last time.

I gently knock it down on the grass, my cold-yellow eyes slowly changing to the pale blue eyes that were human. My longer arms spread across the animal, shadowing it. "Please, show me your second form."

Those once curious black eyes became brighter, more like the color of intense violet and crimson. The rough fur on its head becoming short, brown hair that strayed a little in her eyes. The rest of the body transformed into something slimmer, longer, and....infinitly more beautiful. It was a girl, the same human age as me, I guess. Her eyes, her hair, her bare shoulders that showed from the small yellow sweater she wore, the tight jeans that kept her long legs from the breeze. The look of her was harly enough. it wasn't that she was pretty-no, beautiful. Something about her was filling the hole in my soul right now. Making me feel alive. I had to know. I had to know her name.

"Who....who are you? I feel like I know before, but when?"

She smiled, and I immediatly felt warmer than ever before. "Do you not remember me? Kiba?"
I was taken back. She knew my name? That meant I was right! I did meet her before. Yes, all of it is coming back to me. This place, the lake, the indian village, how I told about my dream with a girl. It's all coming back.

Including her name. "Is it really you.....Myu?"

Her radiating smile appeared once more. "So you remember.....Kiba. It's been....so long."
"But why? What happened? Why did we seperate?" All these questions came into my head as soon as their were answers. The last I remember about her was that I was taken away from her in darkness. What happened then?

A touch to my cheek brought me back to her. "You were taken back to your world....to reality."
"What? You mean this isn't real?"

She shook her head. "No, it is real. Just not real compared to the place you call home. I am...just a lost person with no memory. Except the ones about you."

"But why?" I had to know. There must be someway this can be for real. "Isn't there anyway that can change that?"

"No. This garden is for souls that were too lonely to go beyond. This is for the souls that will eventually forget everything about why they were lonely. Then just....be here."

"What kind of- wait, if what you're saying is true, then why am I here?"

"I do not know, but I am glad you are. No matter how little it is." Her eyes showed sadness. She knew something I didn't.

"How little? You mean I'm here only for a while? How did I even get here?"

"Hm...mabye it is because of the strain in your head. Sometimes when someone feels a massive strain while trying to remember something....they sometimes come here. Yet they always go. Mabye you have done the same. What were you trying to remember?"

This I knew. I knew what I was trying to remember. "I was trying to remember you, Myu. You were....the only one that can help me."

"Oh Kiba....." She held me tight, rolling my body to the side and resting her head on my shoulder. "Thank you for coming back, but I am afraid I will always be here. Ever since....."

"Ever since what?"
She was quiet for a minute. "....Ever since....my soul was gone, too from my body."

"You....left your body? Why? And when?"

"I do not know why, but I think it has been about......two months since I left. Then I became the same as you were once."

"But.....how did I leave?"

A sigh escaped her, tears forming on her eyes as they touched my shoulder. "I think it was....a shaman that returned yourself to your body. At least, that's how I figure."

A shaman. Tsume did mention an indian elder that returned my soul. Wait! If that happened to me, then I can just do the same! "Myu! I might bring you with me!" I stood up gently, my hands showing my determination.

"What do you mean?" She gets up just the same, her head tilted by her puzzlement.

"You said that a shaman brought me back. That means we can do the same! I just need to know where your real body is!"

"But...it's been two months. I think it should've been rotted away by now."

My head shook, excited for the first time besides a red moon. "No, don't you see? Our bodies are special. They don't start rotting until six months have passed. If I am lucky and your body hasn't been....well, cooked....then I have around four months to find it!"

"Do you....really think so? The world is so big...."

"Don't worry! The world changed quite a bit since you were last there. Everyhing's better and faster. Plus, I'm respected there. Please, it'll be fine."

"Then...then I can finally return with you."

"Yes, Myu! we can finally be together forever!" I couldn't hold my exitement any longer. I embraced Myu lovinly,knowing that I will be able to do this for eternity if I suceed.

"Kiba...." She grasped me softly, knowing this will be the last time they touch until I succeed. "Please....be careful."

"Don't worry. I'll bring you back. I promise." I said it in a whisper, hoping I can never let go. Then dust came around us, just like before.

"Oh, Kiba. You're returning to your world!" She was forced to let go, abiding by the rules of that garden.

"Don't worry! I see again Myu! Please don't be-"
===Night===

I woke up in a cold sweat, in my human form, no less. A cold rag fell as I got up. By me was a fire, and a man across. Tsume.

"Ah, I see you're awake. You've been out for a while, Kiba."

That name. That's mine.....and then I remember everything.

"Myu! I have to save her!" I tried to run as fast, away from the place until someone grabbed from behind.

"Whoah, whoah, whoah. Where do you think you're going? And who's Myu?"

"I have to save Myu! I've only got four months to find her!"

"Sit down, and tell me now." He forced me to go down and explain what happened. And so I did.

He couldn't believe it. "Wait, now you're telling there's this Caracal that you're in loved with that's in your dream?"

"No, she's real. That dream was actually real. A place for lonely souls, the place where I was after Chezza being kidnapped."

He slapped his head. "What a bunch of bull. Dream girl that you need to find."

"But Tsume-"

"But....I thought Paradise was bull, and looked what happened. Guess I gotta think your instincts are right."

I was relieved that he believes me. "Tsume....."

He gets up, walking away with his hands in his pockets. "Meet me at the city's entrance by 6:00 A.M. Gotta start early, you know?"

===Morning===

I stood by the city gates, no guards are there. No security is needed. I waited the giant clock above the fenced doors. 5:59. Almost time for Tsume to show. A noise was made behind me, so I turned around. Well, well. Look at my surprise.

"Yo, Kiba. How's it going?" It was Hige, still wearing that wierd collar.

"Hello. I hope I can join you guys again." Toboe, now wearing a light blue jacket, prepared for the journey.

"Thought I would bring reinforcements." And of course Tsume. He always thought ahead.

"Hope you don't mind if I tag along." The last was blue. All of the original wolves.

"Hey, Blue. Did Quent say you could go?" I was a little surprised to see her. Ever since Quent got reunited with her, they've been inserable. Sometimes it scared me.
She just gave a wave of the hand. "Nah, Quent's on babysitter job at the nursery."

I eyed Toboe, which he then laughed nervously. "Oh, so that's why I have free time. Hah hah!"

"He said he's only doing it because you saved his life, Toboe." Blue added.

I laughed, feeling the joy it was too see these guys again. "So, you guys ready?"

"To find your lost love, huh? Glad I'm going, man." Hige said. "It's because I'm your friend, and not because I'm being hunted ny the girls- I mean....yeah."

I mentally laughed, but knew time was running out. Myu's body could be anywhere now. Four months might not be enough.

"Let's go, then." I ran as a wolf, running more free and hard than any other time before. This was the journey......to my paradise......

Fin......
======================================================================== =======================
Ooooh don't worry. That just means it's chapter end. I hope you enjoyed this. Remember. THIS IS THE FIRST MYU/KIBA FIC ANYWHERE!!!! (Actually, the only Myu fic. So sad that she doesn't get as much recognition as others.)
Well, reivew!!!