Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting thoughts ❯ Prologue ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Tsume. He belongs to Bones. I just own his thoughts in this story and a few fan characters, nothing more.

That damn runt. What was he thinking, showing that girl what he truly was? Its bad enough I had to save him from that hunter, but now the girl? But honestly, I don't want to put him in any danger. He's to young and naïve for this city. Then again he does remind me of one of my pack mates. Not that I like to remember it, mind you, he just acts so much like her.

I remember my pack as clear as I can remember my meetings with Kiba and Toboe. My father was the alpha male of our pack and so I was expected to take over one day. Growing up, my best friend was a wolf by the name of Arianna, yeah Arianna. So what if she was a girl. We had a lot of fun. Playing, pretending to hunt, that kind of stuff. Don't look at me like that. You thought that I was born with my "everyone can kiss my ass" aditude? Well I wasn't. I was a happy-go-lucky pup, that is until Arianna and I got in trouble. How were we suppose to know that those men were wolf hunters?

We were heading out to play hunt again and Father had told us to stay close by the camp. But we ran after that rabbit and ended up rolling each other in an attempt at catching it. We rolled right into the wolf hunters' camp. We were just pups, we couldn't understand what was going on. We thought that those men just wanted to play. We learned better fast. One of them tried to grab us and we danced out of the way. Too bad that he hit us with that gun stock instead. The next thing that I knew, my father was tearing through the hunters and my best friend was dead.

When Father and I returned home, we were met by Mace, Arianna's father. I couldn't even look at him, as Father told him the news of Arianna's death. He said nothing to us at the moment. If I had known better I would've apologized for my foolish actions. As it was, I had no clue at what Mace had planned for me.

Father had taken Peitro and Victor out hunting again. This time he told me to stay home. That was fine by me considering that it had only been a few weeks since Arianna's death, and I was still moping. Shortly after Father had left, Mace and his brothers attacked me intent on getting revenge for Arianna. I was frightened and ran not really noticing where I was heading. By the time I realized where I was, I was nearing a city many miles away from home. I turned into an alley and hid near the garbage.

It took me a few days to learn how to find food in this forsaken place. How disgusting, a great future leader of a wolf pack reduced to scrambling through garbage to survive.