Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting thoughts ❯ Episode 1-3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Tsume. He belongs to Bones. I just own his thoughts in this story and a few fan characters, nothing more.

A few days after I reached the city, I found out that I had a human form and could hide out better. Soon after, I started to find other people who were also outcast. It took a while but I soon started getting a pack together. It didn't matter that they were humans, I had a pack. Over the next few months were interesting, I learned how to drive and started stealing from the nobles.

The night before I met Kiba, we had a little trouble getting the latest shipment. The youngest member of my pack nearly lost his grip on the side of the train, and a few of my men died. When we returned to the dumps we were staying at, Leon noticed a "white dog" in the base of the tree. Before I could warn him that he was about to rouse a sleeping wolf, he had his throat ripped out. Then Kiba had the guts to say that I lost MY pride. Yeah right. My pride told me to do what I had to in order to survive.

Kiba and I had one hell of a fight. I'm not quite sure which one of us would have won had not the pup interfered. I got a little upset and told the pup to leave me alone. I'm not like them. Why do I stay?

Later that day, we went on another shipment hiest. This time the pup slipped and fell. I dropped what I had and tried to grab him, but he freaked out and dropped to the ground. All of my new pack mates blame me for his death. Don't they understand that I tried.

The next day I told the pack that we had another shipment coming and they had the gall to tell me that it was my fault that the pup died. As I was walking down the street I ran into a young pup. This one was a wolf, not human. He told me that he talked to the crows. I told him that I had no friends, but it had no effect on the boy. Soon we ran into the wolf hunter. I jumped out of the way but the pup froze to the spot. When I looked back I was somewhat shocked. That drunken idiot had a gun to his head. I had to tell the kid to run after I attacked him.

After I ditched the pup, I went to rest before the heist. About an hour later I heard a long howl. I swore and took off to keep the pup from getting killed. I still can't believe that he showed her that he was a wolf. When we returned to my den of sorts, we found out that everyone was trying to make a break for it on a normal train. Shortly after that I got in a fight with the pup, and he left.

The next morning I went for a walk. I was trying to clear my head. I believe that if Toboe didn't look so much like Arianna, then I wouldn't have had a problem with him. I almost had to laugh. My so called pack had gotten caught, and one of them was trying to sell me out. The idiot was lucky that I let him live. To bad I did, when I took off, I ran into the wolf hunter and his dog. She knocked me off the roof into a stack of cardboard boxes, and I got away.

While I was in my "den," I had a visit from Toboe, Hige, and Kiba at my side asking for me to join them in leaving the city. I really had no reason to stay and it would get me farther from my past so I some what agreed. While we were running across the same pipes that the last pup fell to his death on, Toboe lost his footing and slipped. I had only one thought on my mind at the time. 'Please trust me enough.' Strangely he did. I was nothing but an ass to him and he trusted me enough to pull him out of harms way. Arianna was like that too, and look at where that got her. I don't think I can do that again. I'll have to leave them as soon as possible.