Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Haunting thoughts ❯ 5-7 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Tsume. He belongs to Bones. I just own a few fan characters.

When I woke up, I saw Hige wondering what Cole was talking about finding food around here. Of course that wolf just has to think about his stomache. We walked over to the rail and looked down. The wolves that we had run into were pulling a sled filled with supplies. I was furious that they had completely lost all hope. Hige said I did the same thing, but I didn't. I used humans, not the other way around. When the old wolf, who showed us a path to paradise was, fell we heard a ferocious growl. Kiba looked and sounded pissed. I was hoping just a little that he would rip the humans apart, but the other alpha pinned him too quickly.

When we got back to the grave the old wolf had dug, the alpha told us to leave town. He really reminded me of Jace. We were resting for a while when Hige started to complain about being hungry. Of course he ate all that bitch brought for the pack. Didn't even save us a bite, so I sent him after more food. The pup went for more healing herbs, leaving me to watch after our so-called alpha. I finally found out what had happened to him in the past. Man I feel like a heel now, I was only kicked out, he was left orphaned after a fire took his family. I started comparing Kiba to Father, amazingly they are a lot alike. Both with a superiour additude, both strongly concerned with the well being of their packs. Reminder: Get kicked out soon, am really beginning to believe in paradise. Just then the pup came running in shouting something about Hige getting caught in a trap and the other wolves selling him out to the humans. I told him he should've howled to get our attention.

Kiba tried to run off without us. I let him try for a few steps then decided that it was taking to long, so I threw him over my shoulder. We made it down a few streets before Kiba got his second wind and was able to run again. Down another few streets, turn in an alley, and straight into the other wolf pack. They were actually proud of knocking Hige out and even beating up on their own alpha. Very stupid. He even thought that he was doing right by making them work like that. I told him that he didn't get to paradise because he didn't believe enough in it, unlike us. To repay the damage that his pack had done, he helped us find both Hige and the path to Paradise.

We ran on the path to paradise for a month untill we caught a strangely sweet scent that drove Kiba to a maddened pace. We had to hurry to catch up. Halfway up the cliff, everyone started to smell that scent. When we finally got up the cliff, we saw what looked like a human that was extremely pale with purple hair and red eyes. She seemed real happy to see Kiba. Always refered to herself as 'this one'. Weird.