Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ Lonely No More ❯ It's Hard But I Have To Move On ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Wolf's Rain
 
Lonely No More
 
Disclaimer: I don't own Wolf's Rain, but I do own Mini and Gram-Gram.
 
……………………… ;…………………………R 30;…………………………&# 8230;………………………… ……
 
*** It's a snowy day on Christmas Eve and Kiba is walking in towards a town called McIntosh. He is wounded from a fight he was caught in earlier. ***
Kiba: Finally a town. I need to lie down.
***Kiba walks over to a tree w/ a bloody trail behind him and tries to rest under it. He hears an argument in the background, but he ignores it and catches some Z's. The argument is at a restaurant between a young girl trying to steal food, but is caught and thrown out the back door. ***
Butcher: AND STAY OUT!!!
Girl: OKAY! Sheesh, you don't have to be so pushy gosh, all that over a few slabs of meat?
Butcher: Stop stealing from our restaurant and I wouldn't need to be so pushy, & if you want food then buy it, got no money then go somewhere else. Good for nothin brat.
***Slams back door***
Girl: How rude. Hehehe.
***The girl pulls out a couple links of sausages that she stole from the butcher while he wasn't looking.***
Girl: Hahaha. Most humans can be such boobs. Good thing I have wolf like speed.hum.
***Then the girl spots a bunch of crowded kids by a tree and walks over to see what was going on.***
Thief: Hum. That looks kind of suspicious. Wonder what's up. Hey what are you kids doing over here.
little Girl: It's a big puppy.
Boy: It's not a puppy stupid it's a dog. Stupid girls.( No a fence to the girls. GIRL POWER!!!)
girl: It's a wolf.
Children: A wolf!
***It's Kiba.***
Thief: Yup. And it looks like the poor thing is hurt.
***The girl takes off her scarf and apply pressure to the wound to stop the bleeding. Once the scarf touched Kiba he snaps around and bites the shit out of her arm. All the little kids run a way cry screaming, but the girl is just sitting there watching Kiba gnaw on her arm.***
Girl: Wow, You're a wolf all right, a dog could never bite this hard.
***Kiba starts to loosen his grip on her arm and look at her and her calm expression and her reaction to him biting her. She didn't even look phased by the fact that hi was biting her.***
Girl: I've never met a wolf before, and I've always wanted to be one. Hey what's it like being a wolf?
Kiba thinking: What the hell is up with this kid? Kiba faints from the excruciating pain of the pressure to his wound.*
***Later Kiba wakes up in a warm cottage all bandaged up and taken care of. As he starts to look around he sees a bowl of freshly cooked meat w/ steam still coming from it. He starts to sniff it to make sure it was safe to eat.***
Girl: It's all right. The food isn't poisoned or anything. Go on dig in you can trust me.
***Kiba looks at her for a minute and plunges into the bowl like the food was gonna disappear and tears it apart piece by piece. When he finishes he looks up and girl is sitting right in front of him so close that their noses are practically touching.***
Girl: Oh sorry. I must be taking up your personal space.* She stands up and takes a bowl and carries it to a bed across the room from Kiba.*
Girl: Here you go Grandma. How are you feeling today.
Gram-Gram: Better, but you know you shouldn't be worrying about me so much Miney.
Girl: I know Grandma but is such a crime to do it anyway. Since it's your last night here I thought knowing that you were comfortable before you left wouldn't hurt.
Grandma: So you're finally admitting it.
Girl: I don't' like it but it's something I have to deal with like everything else in life.
Gram-Gram: Just remember that I'm never really gone. I'll always be here with you and for you.
Kiba*thinking*: The old one must be dying, poor kid.
Gram-Gram: I see you've made a new friend. Come child. Do not be frightened.
***Kiba gets up to walk over to Gram-Gram and sits next to the young girl.***
Gram-Gram: What is your name young one? *silence* Don't be afraid. I know you can speak.
Girl: Gram-Gram what are you talking about. You never told me wolves could talk.
Kiba: Kiba. My name's Kiba.
Girl: WHAT!
***The young girl sits staring in shock that Kiba actually talked.( I know it's cheesy but I'm a retard what do you expect)***
Gram-Gram: Mini don't be rude & stop staring. I bet you haven't even told him your name now have you?
Girl: No ma'am. Hey Mr. Kiba, I'm Mini. Feelin better?
Kiba: It's just Kiba. You don't have to be so formal with it, and yes I am feeling much better, thank you for helping me.
Mini: No prob. So you're a wolf. I've never seen one up close before, so what's it like?
Gram-Gram: Mini. Stop patronizing our guest. *cough* *cough*
Mini: Gram-Gram!
***Mini goes to get water for her sick grandmother. Gram-Gram drinks it and clears her throat. Mini's scared expression turns into an ashamed expression.***
Mini: I'm sorry Gram-Gram.
Gram-Gram: Don't be that was just a sign saying that my time is almost up.
Mini: Don't say that Gram-Gram.
Kiba: She's right. I can feel the life draining from her body.
Mini: NO!! Gram-Gram, you can't leave me, please don't go, not now.
***Mini jumps on the bed where Grandma lies and starts to cry. As Mini cries Gram-Gram strokes her head to try and calm her down.***
Gram-Gram: hum. I knew you hadn't let go. What scares you so much about me dying Mini?
Mini: I-I-I don't wanna be left alone. *sobing* I DON'T WANT YOU TO LEAVE ME HERE BY MY SELF!
Gram-Gram: Dear child you won't be by your self. Like I told you. I'll always be here with you in spirit. I love you too much to leave you alone.
***Mini hugs her Grandmother for the last time.***
Mini crying: I love you too Gram-Gram.
***As her Grandmother slips away, she manages to say with her last breath…***
Gram-Gram: Good-bye Mini.
Mariya Whisper: Good bye Gram-Gram.
***Kiba bows his head in respect as Mini cries over the lost of her Gram-Gram, and Kiba leaves Mini to cry over her Gram-Gram he lies back on the spot where he found himself earlier when he woke up and tries to go to sleep.***
***Christmas morning Kiba wakes up to another bowl of fresh cooked meat for him to eat. So he scarfs that down and goes to look around only to find Mini and her Grandmother no where in sight.***
Kiba: Where did they go? I still smell their scent so they can't be far.
*** Then Kiba starts to smell something else in the air. A fire. Since their was no fire inside Kiba ran outside to see where it was coming from, only to find Mini in front of a small fire where she had burned her Grandmother's lifeless body. So Kiba walks up to Mini to see if she was all right.***
Kiba: She's in a better place now Mini. She was a good person.
Mini: I know, and thanks for your kind words.
***Mini goes to scoop her Gram-Gram's ashes into a hollow mini statue of Gram-Gram sealing the lid tight.***
Kiba: So what are you going to do now?
Mini: I don't know. I have no one or where to go. I would go traveling, but I wouldn't know where to start. Where are you going?
Kiba: I'm looking for paradise.
Mini: Paradise? I think I remember Gram-Gram telling me something about Paradise. The place only wolves can find and rain over all.
***Mini finishes scooping up the ashes and puts a lid on the rn while sitting next to Kiba.***
Kiba: That's the place.
Mini: Sounds nice.
Kiba: Come with me.
Mini: Me go with you. I can't it'd probably be too much trouble for you.
Kiba: No you wouldn't, besides I was getting lonely traveling by myself. It'd be nice to have some company, and I've never had a little sister.
Mini: Little sister, you mean it?
Kiba: Yeah.
Mini: AWESOME! When do we leave?
Kiba: Whenever you're ready.
***Mini runs back into the cabin grabs a few things and comes back with a four-wheeler.***
Kiba: What's that?
Mini: A four-wheeler. We can get there faster if we ride in style.
Kiba: You don't seem to stay in one mood for long do you?
Mini: What are you talking about?
Kiba: You were just sitting there a minute ago you looked so sad that it made Armageddon seem like a good thing, but now you're so happy that you look as if you were floating on air.
Mini*with her dead down shadowing her eyes*: I know. It's just that I do still feel lower than low but, Gram-Gram always told me that dwelling over every little bad thing that happens to you robs you of the good things that lay ahead of you. Always walk with your head held way up to the sky so the angels in heaven can se your nose hairs and keep moving forward. *holds her head up w/ tears rolling down her face* And I'll always love and miss her for all the things she's taught me and move on with my life. Besides, life would be boring if you were sad and looked back on the bad things in past all the time don't you think?
Kiba: I agree.
Mini wiping her tears: So shall we head to our future together in Paradise?
Kiba: Let's go!
Mini: That's what I wanted to here! PARADISE HERE WE COME!
***So Kiba and Mini ride their way to Paradise, after stealing from the restaurant, riding into the sunrise on their way to Paradise and their future together as brother and sister.***