Wolf's Rain Fan Fiction ❯ With You ❯ With You ( One-Shot )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Howdy everyone. This is an answer to the Wolf Challenge laid down by Fort Worth. Flames will be tolerated, if you choose to review, (which I hope you will!!). This is a Kiba x Hige fic, so if you can't handle it, don't read it! If you can, than good for you! Enjoy ^_^

Song: With You by Linkin Park

Disclaimer: I do not own Wolf's Rain or any of its characters. I also do not own the song mentioned above. Thank you, good night.

~With You

I woke up in a dream today

To the cold and the static/and put my cold feet on the floor

Forgot all about yesterday

Remembering I'm pretending to be who I'm not anymore

A little taste of Hypocrisy

And I'm left in the wake of the mistake/slow to react

Even though you're so close to me

You're still so distant/and I can't bring you back

-------

I sit here and stare at you, again. I seem to do this a lot. You look so defenseless when you're sleeping; the exact opposite of when you are awake. Your unruly brown hair hangs down in front of your beautiful face. I brush it away, ever so gently, for if you were to awake, I would never forgive myself.

I memorize every detail of your sleeping form, imprinting it in my memory forever. I long for you to wake so I can hear you tell me you feel the way I do.

But I might as well be living in a dream.

I have never seen any sign that you care for me, at all. I sometimes think that if I died, you wouldn't even notice. You would just continue your search for Paradise, leaving me on the side of the road for the birds.

You must have felt me watching you, because you begin to stir. I quickly look away, leaning against the wall of the cave currently serving as our home.

"Hige?"

-------

It's true/the way I feel

Was promised by your face

The sound of your voice

Painted on my memories

Even if you're not with me

I'm with you

-------

I mentally hit myself. Why did I have to go and wake you up? I look over at you. You're propped up on one elbow, frowning a little.

"Yeah?" I reply, noting the guilty tone in my voice.

"You all right?" Do you even care?

"Yeah, I'm fine. Just can't sleep." Moonlight leaks into the cave, illuminating you, making you look even more beautiful, if that's possible.

I start to get nervous now. You don't look too satisfied with my answer. It's like those gorgeous eyes can see right through me.

"Are you sure?" Every fiber of my being wants to shout `Why don't you love me, Kiba?' I settle with a, "Yep, just dandy."

I put my hands behind my head and look outside into the night sky, hoping the action will finalize our conversation. You, however, sit up and say, "I don't think you are." I look at you. "You've been acting, well, different lately. You don't joke as much as you use to. Tell me what's wrong."

You look, and sound, concerned. Do you really actually care?

-------

You/now I see/keeping everything inside

You/now I see/even when I close my eyes

-------

"I…" I begin to say, but am interrupted by Toboe's snort. We both jump and look over at him. He rolls over and begins to mumble in his sleep. I laugh a little and you smile. That's probably the first laugh you've heard from me in awhile.

"I love you, Kiba," I blurt out suddenly. Startled, you look at me, no longer smiling. I start back, horrified. Did I just say that? Why did I just say that?

"I'm…I'm s-sorry," I stammer, looking away. You remain silent. I can feel you staring at me. I wish you would stop.

I am just about to get up and leave when, "I love you too Hige." I stop breathing. Did you just say that? Why did you just say that? Am I imagining things in my panic?

I slowly turn my head toward you and see that you are smiling. I let out the huge breath that I had been holding, relief washing over me. Your eyes told me the thing I had been hoping to hear since the first moment I had spoken to you.

You did love me.

-------

I hit you and you hit me back

We fall to the floor/the rest of the day stands still

Fine line between this and that

When things go wrong I pretend the past isn't real

Now I'm trapped in this memory

And I'm left in the wake of the mistake/slow to react

Even though you're close to me

You're still so distant/and I can't bring you back

-------

"I didn't want to tell you because I was…I was afraid you wouldn't feel the same way." I couldn't believe it. You were voicing the same dilemma I had been struggling with. You hid it so well. I wondered for how long?

"Kiba, afraid?" I joked. Your smile widens. I realize how much I love your smile. You crawl over and sit next to me. I am nervous again. What am I supposed to do? You answer my question as you lean in and capture my lips in a soft kiss.

I instantly relax, my anxiety melting away. Your lips are so soft, and you are so gentle. The kiss becomes more passionate, and my lips part, allowing your tongue access. I run my fingers through your wild hair; something I had wanted to do for a long time.

You slip your hands up my coat and begin to take it off when a loud snore from Toboe makes us quickly break apart. Panting, you say, "Let's go outside." I nod and you take my hand, leading me out into the moonlit night.

The stars wink down at us from a cloudless sky and a warm breeze tickles my face. It is absolutely perfect. We find the softest bit of rock we can and rid each other of all our unnecessary clothing.

After our lovemaking, we snuggle together. You whisper to me that you love me. I will never ever get tired of hearing you say that.

"I love you too, Kiba."

-------

No

No matter how far we've come

I can't wait to see tomorrow

With you

-------

If anyone were to look upon this scene tonight, they would have seen two wolves, curled up together and sleeping soundly, with only the stars and the sky as their witness.

~DarkLight