X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Amethyst Crystal ❯ Amethyst Crystal ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

Amethyst Crystal

It's just another day here at CLAMP Academy. Nothing out of the normal. Students walk through the halls, heading to their classes, talking to one another, flashing smiles as they pass their friends. It's stuff that I see every day.

I'm sitting in my classroom, watching the door as my classmates come in, one by one. They're all familiar to me, people who I see every day. As I watch, I was. I just wait.

Finally, he arrives. Kamui Shirou. The small, beautiful, young man whom I care about. He's the only one left who I love.

"Ohaiyo, Shirou-kun!" I call out happily.

Kamui looks up at me. His large, amethyst eyes meet my hazel ones. He doesn't smile at me, as usual. I hate that. I yearn to see him smile.

As Kamui walks over to his seat, I go over to him. His head hangs down as he sits. I notice that his hands are bandages and there are a few small bruises on his upper arm.

"Are you okay?" I ask him, pointing to his hands.

He doesn't look at me as he mutters a reply:

"I'm fine, Keiichi-san."

Kamui's not a good liar, I'll tell you. I don't know what goes on in his life, but I can tell that he's not happy. Actually, anyone can tell that. Kamui doesn't hide his sadness.

I take a look at the bruises on his arm. It looks as though someone had grabbed it. I put my hand over his, gently. He looks at me.

"Kamui, if something is bothering you," I tell him. "You can always talk to me."

"There's nothing bothering me."

Probably true, since bruises and bandages aren't the result of a problem. Unless the problem is a bully or something. I don't like the idea of someone hurting Kamui. Not at all.

"Well, if you ever just need to talk, come see me," I smile at him. "You're my friend, Kamui. I'll help you out if you ever need me to."

Kamui doesn't say anything. He looks back at his desk. I don't say anymore, just go back to my own seat. I take one last look at Kamui as I sit down.

Kamui is my friend. I don't like seeing him in pain. I love him, and want to see him smile. It hurts to see him so melancholy.

I think I'll talk to him after school.

~ ~ ~ ~ ~

School has ended. I'm following Kamui, trying to catch up with him. He's really quite fast for a short kid.

He suddenly stops. A tall kid, with short, messy black hair and small dark glasses stands in front of him. I jump behind a wall and listen.

"So, Kamui," the taller boy says. "Did you have fun during our last confrontation?"

I peek around the wall to see Kamui back away from the other boy. The dark youth grabs Kamui's arm, pulling him back towards him.

"Fuuma, stop!" Kamui exclaims. "Let me go!"

"You insist on calling me that name," `Fuuma' says. "I've told you. My name is Kamui."

Okay, now I'm confused. Who is this guy? Kamui calls him Fuuma, but he claims to be Kamui? And what does he mean `their last confrontation'?

Fuuma takes one of Kamui's hands and pull the bandages off, revealing a deep gash. He puts his lips to the gash. His golden eyes flash dangerously.

"Even if you didn't have fun," he says. "I find out time together quite enjoyable."

Fuuma (if that's his true name) squeezes Kamui's hand, making the scab over the gash split. Crimson blood starts to seep from the wound as Kamui cries out in pain. Seeing this mysterious teenager hurt the one I care about angers me.

Fuuma slides his tongue into the newly opened gash, tasting Kamui's blood. Kamui jerks his hand away. Fuuma chuckles darkly. His gold eyes lock with Kamui's amethyst ones.

"Just keep in mind, Kamui," he says, turning to walk away. "When this is all over, the one who will be dead will be you."

With that, he leaves. Kamui watches for a moment, then falls to his knees.

I love Kamui. And hate to see him hurt. But there's nothing I can do to help him as he whispers:

"Fuuma, I'll save you…I will…because I love you."