X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Festival Fluff ❯ Festival Fluff ( One-Shot )

[ A - All Readers ]

Festival Fluff
“I love festivals!” Sorata exclaimed, a huge grin on his face.
“I don't see why you had to drag us along,” Kamui muttered, looking completely unhappy to be there.
Earlier that day, Sorata had surprised Kamui, Yuzuriha, Arashi, and Subaru with packages wrapped in paper that sported multiple blowfish. They suspected that the packages were from Imonoyama Nokoru. As they unwrapped the gifts, each of the younger Ten no Ryu had found beautiful kimonos. Each kimono was unique in color and design, but all featured a striking celestial dragon embroidered near the hem.
“Oh, come on, Kamui-chan!” Yuzuriha chirped, practically jumping onto the amethyst-eyed boy. “This will be fun!”
“And a great distraction from the whole End-of-the-World business!” Sorata added.
Kamui pouted. He really didn't want to be here. It reminded him too much of a festival that he had gone to with Kotori and Fuuma back before everything had happened. He looked over at Subaru, who seemed just as uncomfortable in the happy atmosphere as Kamui. Then he looked over at Arashi, who actually seemed to be having fun, despite her cold act.
Why did he have to drag me here? Kamui thought. I hate festivals.
He decided to break away from the group and wander. Hopefully he would find a way to go home without being seen. As he wandered he spotted Karen and Seiichirou at a flower arranging booth. Karen was in the midst of creating a beautiful arrangement as Seiichirou watched in interest.
Kamui swore he saw at one point a couple making out under one of the sakura trees that looked way too much like Subaru and the Sakurazukamori. The kimono with the embroidered dragon gave it away. Kamui groaned. [1]
“Oiiiiii~!! Shirou-kun!!” an overly genki voice called.
Kamui spun around to see his classmate Segawa Keiichi coming over to him through the crowds. He couldn't resist a slight smile. You just couldn't be upset with Keiichi around. The taller boy reached him and smiled.
“I didn't expect you to be here!” Keiichi beamed.
“I wasn't planning on coming,” Kamui replied. “But Sorata dragged me here. I guess he thought being happy would be good for me.”
“Well, you do seem rather depressed all the time,” Keiichi said. He smiled. “Hey, do you want to hang out with me while you're here?”
“Sure.”
The two of them wandered through the crowds, stopping on occasion to look at a booth. One featured a fortune teller. Keiichi asked for his fortune, but Kamui declined. He didn't want to think about fortunes and the future. He knew what his future was. Shaking his head to get rid of the images of what the Final Battle could turn out like, he stood by Keiichi as the taller boy's fortune was told to him.
“You'll find a special someone soon,” the young woman in the booth said. “Very soon. This person will be someone whom you are already acquainted with. The two of you will be happy, but there are hardships in the future.”
“Wow…” Keiichi breathed in amazement. “Thank you so much!”
“Not a problem,” the woman said, her blue eyes twinkling with mischief. She bowed to Keiichi, the light of the booth catching dark blue highlights in her hair. “I wish you well.”
Keiichi bowed in return. Kamui looked at the girl in the fortune teller's booth quizzically. She smiled at him then winked. Kamui raised an eyebrow. What a strange young woman. She mouthed something to him.
`Good luck, Ten no Ryu.'
Kamui blinked. He was about to ask who the girl was and how she knew he was a Ten no Ryu, when Keiichi grabbed his arm and pulled him over to another booth in excitement. [2]
“Ne, Shirou-kun, do you want some ice cream?” the other boy asked, oblivious to Kamui's puzzlement.
“S-sure,” Kamui replied. He looked back to the fortune teller, but the booth had disappeared. [3] He blinked.
Keiichi led him over to the ice cream booth. He ordered a double-scoop of mint chocolate ice cream on a waffle cone. Kamui decided to go for a plain vanilla cone, but Keiichi insisted that he get something not so plain. Kamui heaved a sigh and ordered a double-scoop of caramel swirl on a waffle cone. The young woman happily gave them their ice cream cones. Keiichi paid her with a smile.
“Here you go, Shirou-kun!” he smiled, handing Kamui his ice cream.
Kamui took it. The two of them went over to a bench under a fully blossomed sakura tree. They ate their ice cream in silence. Kamui stared out at the festival and let out a soft sigh. Really, so much fun going on when there could be trouble brewing over where the Chi no Ryu hid. Fuuma could surprise everyone with a sudden earthquake and ruin it all. A large earthquake would kill so many people. And none of the Ten no Ryu were really prepared for a fight.
Something cold touched his nose, bringing Kamui back to the current happenings. He blinked. Keiichi had put a dab of mint chocolate ice cream on his nose. He looked at the blonde boy. Keiichi had a smile on his face.
“Segawa-kun!” Kamui objected.
“Heh!” Keiichi grinned. “I couldn't help it! You were getting depressed again. I could tell.”
Kamui took the napkin from around his cone and wiped the ice cream from his nose as Keiichi laughed. He looked at Keiichi and smiled.
I guess this isn't so bad after all, he thought.
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
“It looks like Kamui's having fun after all,” Sorata said from his place in line at the ice cream booth.
“Yes,” Arashi agreed, smiling softly. “I'm glad.”
Yuzuriha was in the midst of ordering her ice cream. She looked over at Kamui and Keiichi. “I'm glad Kamui has friends aside from us. It's good for him.”
The woman in the booth handed her the cone she had ordered. Yuzuriha paid for it, then bounded off, her inugami pup close at her heels. She headed off towards a booth full of stuffed animals.
“And there goes Yuzuriha,” Sorata said. He turned to Arashi. “Kamui's off with Segawa-kun, Subaru went off a while ago, and even Karen and Seiichirou are wandering around together. Leaving us alone together to—OUCH!!”
Arashi let go of Sorata's ear then turned and headed away to join Yuzuriha.
“Wait! Miss! What about your ice cream?”
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Kamui looked at Keiichi. The blonde boy was just finishing off his ice cream. Kamui had finished his a few minutes ago, so he decided to keep himself occupied by just watching Keiichi. He remembered the fortune teller's statement.
You'll find a special someone soon. Very soon. This person will be someone whom you are already acquainted with.
“Ne, Segawa-kun?” he began.
“Hmm?”
“Remember what that fortune teller said?”
“Yeah,” Keiichi replied, confused. “What about it?”
Kamui paused. “Never mind.”
“Shirou-kun, what about the fortune teller?”
“It's nothing. Never mind.”
Keiichi blinked. Kamui looked away. His amethyst eyes were cast downwards. Perhaps he shouldn't tell Keiichi. It might put him in danger. Seeing as Fuuma would probably find out and use it to hurt Kamui.
“Shirou-kun, do you like me?” Keiichi asked.
Kamui blinked at the sudden question. He looked up at Keiichi. The other boy was looking at him, his soft brown eyes searching Kamui's for some sort of answer. [4] It was said that the eyes were a window to a person's soul.
“Segawa-kun…” Kamui said. He hesitated. “I…”
Keiichi cut him off with a soft kiss. Kamui blinked for a moment, confused. Then he melted into the kiss. He put his arms around Keiichi and kissed back. When the kiss broke, Kamui smiled. It was a genuine smile, not just a soft one.
“What?” Keiichi asked,
“You taste like mint.”
Keiichi grinned and kissed him again. As they kissed, Kamui reflected on what he thought about festivals. Yup. They were definitely not as bad as Kamui thought they were.
 
~Owari~
 
Author's Note: Hope this cheers you up a bit more, Jackie!
 
[1] I couldn't help it. I am a livid SeixSu fan! [giggles like mad] Plus, I was watching a bunch of S&S AMVs while I was writing this. It just kinda wrote itself.
[2] Yes, Jackie. That's me. Koichi Darkwood. Bitch-author supreme.
[3] The booth disappeared because Koichi had created it SPECIFICALLY for Kamui and Keiichi. And since she's an Elf, she used Elvin magic to make it disappear. Now she's busy stalking Fuuma with a camera. ^^
[4] I have no clue what color Keiichi's eyes really are. I've heard blue, hazel, gray, and brown. I decided to use brown. Because I was thinking about chocolate at the time.