X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ In the End ❯ End ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Author's Note: Sorry on spellings and such :P I've not looked at this for a long while. Also, I tried to stick with the movie, but I think I lapsed into a few things exclusive to the manga. >_< oh well. :P Review, please.

In the End
By the Sakurazukamori

___________________________________

Gone.< br>
Everyone was gone. Everything, for him, was gone. The very reasons he had started out with to save the world and the human race were gone. Dead.

He looked down at his hands which gripped Fuma with a will of their own. Rather, Fuma's disembodied head. And tears. Tears and blood seemed to down him, making it hard to breathe. Hard to believe.

Arisugawa Sorata. Kishuu Arashi. Nekoi Yuzuriha. Aoki Seiichirou. Sumeragi Subaru--who he never met. Kasumi Karen. Hinoto.

Kotori.

Gone.

Sora and his humor. Arashi's silent, competent, composed bearing. Dead. Sora's life given for Arashi's and Arashi's taken anyway.

Yuzuriha and her bright, good nature. Snuffed out. Such liveliness destroyed for the end of the world.

Seiichirou. Killed defending the family he'd never see again.

Karen. Fiery spirit extinguished in her battle for the world and mankind.

Subaru. The first seal broken.

Hinoto, the beautiful dream see-er. Deaf, blind, and mute. She died not knowing the outcome of the future she foretold.

Gone. Dead.

Kotori.

Kotori was sacrificed by her brother, who fate had used like a puppet. Sacrificed for a sacred sword. Her brother was unable to realize what he has done...or maybe he did, but was unable to do anything...

The harbingers, too, were gone. The earth was safe. He has nothing left to love. Nothing left to protect. Nothing left to hate. Nothing left to fight. Nothing. A safe world at the cost all that had defined him.

Slowly he forced himself to release Fuma's blood and tear stained head. He pushed back the memories. Memories so strong, so new, so fresh that he could feel his sword slice through his best friend's neck still. The sensations rising in his hands to remind him of the act he had committed. For the world.

He could have washed any other person's blood from his hands. He could have killed the Sakurazukamori, Shougo, Kusanagi, Satsuki, Yuto, Nataku. Not Fuma.

Fuma had been so kind. So protective. Fate had changed him. Used him. Fate had made Fuma into someone else. He wasn't Fuma...in the end.

Twin star. Fate. Harbinger. Dragon of Earth. Seal. Dragon of Heaven.

He hated the words.

Twin star - the reason Fuma was...changed.

Fate - who's humor wasn't lost on him, but unwanted.

And the two sides, fighting for the fate of the human race...

He stood, allowing his eyes, still streaming tears, to follow the path of blood Fuma's head had left as it rolled when he had released it. He raked his hand across his face and through his silken hair, brushing the tears away roughly. He walked to the edge of the broken building. People went about their daily lives far below. They never knew of the struggle for their world.

What to live for? Nothing to love. Nothing to hate. The memories...

Gone.

In the end everything was gone. In the end there was nothing left. He had fulfilled his fate. The world required nothing more of him. Fate was finished with using him for its own entertainment.

In the end...

He cast another violet-eyed look to the ground. He'd help fate with the final irony. The savior of mankind would die with the human race never knowing they were in jeopardy.

Gone.

Kotori. Fuma. His friends. His enemies.

He dived. Ten minutes after the ending battle for the end of the word he dived from the building, plummeting head first.

Gone.