X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ My Number One Crush ❯ Enter Demon God ( Chapter 1 )

[ A - All Readers ]

My Number One Crush

- Enter Demon God

( chapter 2 )

"Noo! You have got to listen to me, look Fujima, he won't believe me..." Hachi said exasperatedly. The three boys were sitting in the school cafeteria.

"Well, I'd believe you if you said she was nice but you told me she's dangerous... That's stupid! I asked around and all the boys AND girls said that Kotori's a nice person," Ritsu repeated for what seemed to be the thousandth time. Hachi had spent the past week trying to convince him to have a crush on somebody else but steadfastly refusing to tell him exactly why he should do so.

"All right, all right. Since you have decided to remain on what will prove to be the cause of your death, I'll tell you why I call her dangerous. She, Monou Kotori, is perfectly harmless," Hachi started.

"Then why do you call her dangerous?" Ritsu butted in.

"Don't interrupt! It's rude! But that's beside the point. Kotori's all right, very nice, very sweet, the ideal girl. BUT..." Hachi took a deep breath.

"Her older BROTHER is the dangerous one, so she's dangerous by association. Stay away from her unless you want to die an early death." Hachi finished his short speech abruptly and continued eating his lunch.

Ritsu stared at Hachi. "She has a brother?" He never saw anybody who looked like Kotori around. There was no blonde-haired, hazel-eyed male version of her.

Fujima choked on the sandwich he was eating. "Arrgh! Wait..." He gasped for breath. "Ahh..You mean to tell me you never told him about the Demon God? You spent the past week telling him to stay away from Kotori and you never mentioned Fuuma? WHY???? He's the reason she's dangerous! Baka!" Fujima whacked him on the head with the magazine he was reading.

"Yeah, how come you never mentioned a brother?" Ritsu was feeling a tad bit annoyed now. A whole week past and he never knew the girl of his dreams had a brother. He could have spent the past week sucking up to his future brother-in-law!

Hachi scowled. "Well, I was stalling... I need you to try out for the soccer team first, we need somebody in midfield." Hachi glared at Fujima. "He'd never try out if he heard the Demon God was the vice-captain of the junior team. Heck, he's in charge of screening the players! Of all sports he had to pick, it had to be soccer..." Hachi shuddered.

Hearing that, Fujima felt some shred of sympathy. The junior team trained thrice a week for 2 hours at least and it had to be a truly terrifying experience to be in such close proximity with Monou Fuuma for such a long period. Not to mention Fuuma was his partner in attack. And THRICE a week… Fujima felt goose pimples rising from his flesh. It was certainly not an experience he'd care to go through.

"What was his name again?" Ritsu asked. "Monou Fuuma." Fujima and Hachi replied in unison. "He must be a nice person if he's related to Kotori..." Ritsu said wistfully. He was sure his future brother-in-law was a nice person. After all, don't they share the same genes?

The other 2 boys face-faulted. "Haven't you been listening to us? The man's dangerous! We don't call him the Demon God for nothing!"

"Wait, wait, give me some information about him first. Then tell me why he's such a fearsome person," Ritsu tried to placate his panicky friends.

"He's just a year older than us, he's a sophomore now. He's tall, with dark brown eyes, good looking, he's got as many fans as Kotori has, by the way, and has black hair. He doesn't talk much, has a few friends but nowhere as approachable as Kotori. The reason you don't see him is simply because well, he doesn't have the same timetable as us and also partly because you always come late to school." Fujima sniggered.

Ritsu turned red at that; he was fast developing a reputation for being a habitual latecomer.

"And you want to know why we call him dangerous?" Fujima wagged a finger at Ritsu, like a teacher reprimanding a student. Ritsu nodded obediently.

"Well, he's VERY protective of her. Kotori's a bit sickly, in case you don't know, and he never lets any boy get near her. We can't talk to her. You can't even stare at her, he's sure to notice and if he notices you ogling at his sister, watch out. Not a single male student dares go near her, even the seniors don't dare touch her." Fujima finished his speech with a dramatic wave of his unfinished sandwich and continued digging into his meal.

Hearing that, Ritsu felt awed. For seniors to be afraid of a sophomore...Wow. This Fuuma had to be really something.

"You'd better believe what we say! We're the veterans in this school, may I remind you! Anyway, Mr Tanaka Hachi here will now tell you of how close he came to death 3 months ago because he dared lay a hand on Kotori," Fujima announced in a TV-broadcaster voice.

"She was going to fall! I swear! I just prevented an accident from happening..." Hachi protested.

"Yeah, right...But was it worth it?" Fujima asked slyly. "Fuuma damn near castrated him for touching Kotori..."

"How on earth did that happen? You told me he never let any boy near her... He beat you up?" Ritsu asked, fascinated. After all those warnings and stories, he wanted to know more.

Hachi made a face, no, Fuuma didn't beat him up. Not exactly, he wasn't the vicious sort. But nonetheless, the experience he had with Fuuma was still fresh in his mind; a potent reminder of how great Fuuma's wrath could be. Sighing, he opened his mouth and began his sad tale of abuse and torture at the hands of Monou Fuuma. And all because he was trying to help his younger sister. It really shows that it isn't worth it to be kind these days.

Fujima and Ritsu listened, enraptured. For Fujima, even though he had heard it countless times, it was still incredible that somebody could have provoked Monou Fuuma and survived.

--><end chapter 2>