X/1999 Fan Fiction ❯ Nothing At All ❯ One-Shot

[ A - All Readers ]
Nothing at All
A CCD/X Video Clip
By Sakura

You been there for me no matter what the cost

Akira and Suoh are trying to cheer up a depressed Nokoru, stacks of paper piled up on his desk.

My best friend since we believed in Santa Claus

Young Akira and Nokoru are at Akira’s house having milk and cookies, Akira’s father comes in with more, dressed in his Santa suit.

You have always stood beside me

Young Suoh and Akira are fighting a group of thugs, protecting young Nokoru who is fighting as well. Soon the villains are knocked out and the boys laugh victoriously.

And I want to let you know

I’ll be the one who hears your prayer
Don’t have to ask me, I’ll be there

Suoh is at a shrine praying. Unknown to him Nokoru is behind him. Nokoru puts his hand on his shoulder, startling the ninja.

I’ll be the friend you’ll never have to do without

Nokoru is sprawled on the ground, laughing. Suoh frowns then laughs as he helps his kaichou up.

When you have nothing at all
You’ll still have nothing to worry about

Nagisa breaks up with Suoh. Back at work Suoh sits at his desk moping Akira and Nokoru look at each other and nod. They come up to his desk. Nokoru places his hand on Suoh’s shoulder while Akira places a plate with a piece of home-baked pie on it. Suoh smiles realizing his friends will always be there for him.

When I was lost in a forest of dismay

Nokoru is sitting at his desk crying. Kotori had just been killed by Fuuma.


You always knew just how to help me find my way

The other members of the CLAMP Campus Detectives are there beside him trying their best to comfort their kaichou, equally sad looks on their faces. Subaru enters the office and joins them placing his hand on Nokoru’s shoulder. Nokoru looks up surprised. Subaru smiles sadly.

In a world that’s so uncertain
I will promise this to you

Nokoru stares out the window at the ruined building, thinking of the Dragons of Heaven and Earth.

I’ll be the one to hear your prayer
Don’t have to ask me, I’ll be there

Nokoru is at the same shrine Suoh was praying. A picture of Fuuma, Kotori, and Kamui in his hand. Akira and Suoh come up behind him. Akira hugs Nokoru while Suoh puts his hand on his shoulder.

I’ll be the friend you’ll never have to do without

He turns around, tears still falling. He gives them a weak smile and hugs his friends. At the bottom of the steps, Subaru is watching with Kamui, both smiling sadly.

When you have nothing at all
You’ll still have nothing to worry about

Nokoru lets his fellow detectives lead him down the steps. Kamui runs up to him and hugs him sobbing. Subaru also hugs him. Nokoru smiles as he is surrounded by his friends.