X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ Return Of An Old Friend ❯ Leader of the Whack ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own X-Men: Evolution, the characters and settings thereof, or anything else except my own character of Tommy “Turbo” Magnus.
 
Author's Note: This is just something that I realized I didn't cover in the last chapter…
 
----
 
“Return of an Old Friend”
Part three: Leader of the Whack
By J.T. Magnus, “Turbo”
 
----
 
Kurt entered the library of the Institute and looked around before finding his target sitting in one of the chairs, head bent down and engrossed in a thick book. His approach was about as silent as an angry Wolverine, yet the entire time, his target never acknowledged his presence.
 
“Uh, Tommy? You have ein minute?”
 
Without even looking up from his book, Tommy replied, “Cannot have time, time is intangible, unpossessable. Time can have you, time always have you, but cannot have time.”
 
“Vat?” Kurt blinked.
 
“What do you need?” came the much simpler reply.
 
“I vas wondering…”
 
“Don't wonder too far, you might get lost,” Tommy muttered.
 
“Right… I vas wondering, what vas mit der uniform you wore in der Danger Room? I mean, don't take this the wrong vay, but you don't strike me as the kind to wear yellow, Tommy,” Kurt commented.
 
A few minutes passed, then Tommy laid his book off to the side and stood up.
 
“Wait here, just a moment,” he said before running off at Turbo-Speed.
 
“And they complain about my teleporting?” Kurt grumbled.
 
“My running off is just annoying,” Tommy countered, skidding back into the room, “But that brimstone smell of your's costs us a fortune in air freshener, Deutschland.”
 
“You're not funny, Tommy,” Kurt came back, “Unless ve are talking about looks.”
 
“If we're talking about looks, Jim Henson Studios called for you, something about needing a stand-in for Cookie Monster,” Tommy quipped.
 
Kurt opened his mouth to say something, then closed it, “You win, this time… Vas ist los?”
 
He pointed at the picture Tommy was holding, he recognized the Professor in the middle of the group, Logan in his Wolverine uniform on one end and Ororo in a solid white uniform on the other, but three of the other four figures in matching blue and yellow uniforms like the one Tommy had worn in the Danger Room he didn't place.
 
“Well, from left to right, that's Ororo, me, Marvel Girl - you know, Jean? - Professor X., Cyclops, the large guy there is Hank, codename Beast, and on the end there is Logan,” Tommy explained, “When I was here the first time, the blue and yellow outfits were the X-Men uniform.”
 
“Man, those are so lame,” Kurt said.
 
“I know… Snot, oh, excuse me, SCOTT was the only one who didn't complain about them… he always was a suck-up.”
 
“So, if you don't like it, then why are you wearing it?”
 
Tommy shrugged, “I just haven't had a chance to put together a new one is all.”
 
“Hurry up, man, you're seriously making us look bad!”
 
“Keep it up, Kurt, and I'm gonna dye you brown in your sleep and you'll wake up in a chimpanzee cage…”