X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ The other half of a double sided story. ❯ 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The other half of a double sided story.


In theroy, all things have another side. Fire has ice, storms have calmness, love has hatred. And all these things are born from one another. From fire, ice can emerge, calmness can harber a fierce storm like it goes, the calm before the storm, and love, well, that is one emotion that can create many different aspects and powers. It can make a grown man cry for the loss of a child, or give him the strength to lift mountains to save the one he cares for. In my case, or might i say, 'our' case. I once felt love, but that pety emotion brought nothing but pain for my other half. I go by the name of Dantalion, or Dante for short, the other Naberius. This is our story, how we also had another half, but unlike a tale of goodness and purity, mine is one which needs an iron will to comprehend. No ones ever heard my tale of inner hell and and controlling powers, I was born into a world where humans are split in two, and latter been a race decriminated because of one small, tiny chrom...the X-chrom.



Mystique and Destiny were the first I met, I was so young, so small, so stupid. I was at the ripe age of 7 when I met them. The stunning countryside of Russia, I remember the waters egde been so close, almost inches from my blackened face. To my left the Ural Mountains and my new home, to my right what was my home, left in ruins. Naberius and I have always had a good relasionship, one might call it a loving one. He protects me, even now, like he did then. My father, was not the most pure of heart, my mother on the other hand, did every thing she could to protect me, from him aswell as trying to satisfy his ever ending lust. I know now that he was an incubus, only using my mother for his sick games, I knew at age 5 that one day he would turn his sights on me, and truth betold, he did. The first time had been a mistake, like the second, third, forth....until Naberius thourght it was time to interfere. The final day of the tiny issolated village was the night of a cold winter. Father, thinking it appropiate to seek warmth, left my mothers side and causally strolled to my door. His footsteps gave him away aswell as the fact that I knew he was going to come, it was only a matter of time. The door opened. I remebered sitting up in bed, looking in the general direction, the tears already streaming down my face. His vioce, the calmness in it, the fake purness of it. [The italics are for russian translation]


'Are you sleeping?' 'No father, but please dont...''I'm not going to do anything that I'm going to regret, it's you who will have something to regret if you tell your mother'


I saw the man that I once respected, because of that respect I did what he told me, not once did I ever tell my mother, not that I didn't think she already knew.

'Lie down! And please, dont struggle like last time, it will only hurt you more.'

And I just lay there, a sharp burning pain entered my chest as he climbed slowly ontop of me, his hands taking hold of my forearms, his legs pinning me to my prison. Naberius on the other hand had very little respect for the human, and that was when my mutant powers began to kick in. It started with the ability to read all human thoughts and change them to fit my will aswell as something else.By the time I noticed this new ability, my father was dead, burnt to a crisp right on top of me. His head frozen and lingering mere milimeters from my face, my lips so close to his ash warm ones. Thats when I heard it, the door.

'Dante!! What are you doing!? Get off my son you bastard!!'

That was when it happened, my face turned to met her's, as it did, the ash sculpured face of my father crumbled, the ash landing over mine, in an attempt to cleanse myself from his person, I moved my arms causing more of his body to collape. I dont really recall what happened next, but she ran to me, as she embraced me, she too, crumbled. I looked at her or what remained of her. I knew then that I would be exiled, sent into the wilderness to fend for myself. I would never let that happen. Never. The next thing I remeber was viewing a once beautiful village destroyed, the towns people nothing more than heaps of ash. I was left alone, with a power I did not understand, and a voice in the back of my mind.