X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Static ❯ Have You Ever Seen The Rain ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer's on the first chapter.
Chapter VI: Have You Ever Seen the Rain?


"Well, isn't this the cheeriest welcoming group I've ever see?" Warren Worthington (the third) smirked exiting his car. Betsy seemed to be the only one who cared to greet him properly. The students had been in low spirits since the attack on their home, they were still repairing the eastern portion of the building and a stranger with wings wasn't going to distract them from their sulking.

Noticing him for the first time since he arrived, Orroro flew down to him. "Greetings Warren, it's nice to see you've made it here safely."

"It's nice to see you as well Orroro, I do have to admit that the others seem a little worse for wear." He joked motioning to the gloomy teens.

"Well, they've had a long week." Orroro sighed. Their grim silence was broken by a high pitched shriek and a lower pitched voice cursing simultaneously.

"What the-" Warren started as he and Orroro took off towards the sound. The voices were coming from the eastern section of the school, in an area that seemed to have had its entire wall torn off. More interesting than the wall (or lack thereof) was the trio trying to fix it. A girl around the age of thirteen was hanging onto Remy's arm for dear life, while the Cajun was hung upsidown by his foot. A rope was attached to the Cajun's foot and it was keeping Gambit and the girl up through Wolverine's strength and will power.

"I can't believe that worked!" Bobby stated in awe staring at the upsidown Cajun and the rope. Without warning he burst into laughter.

"Bobby da second Gambit gets down dere your gonna dead!" Gambit growled trying to right himself without letting the girl fall or pulling his foot out of the rope. Despite the threat, Bobby's mirth did not seem to leave him. In fact it seemed to increase tenfold.

"Robert!" Storm snapped glaring at him. For a second, Iceman calmed and had the decency to look ashamed. Then he saw Warren and his good mood returned.

"Hey man, how's it been?" he greeted happily.

"Can't complain." Warren answered, mirroring his friend's merriment. "I see you haven't stopped causing problems." Warren remarked nonchalantly.

"Hey, everybody needs a hobby."

"Though I do wish you'd pick a more constructive way to spend time." Storm cut in strictly, though she did seem to be in good humor.

"I hate to interrupt your conversation, but get me down!" the girl screamed in anger. They're attention returned to the two people suspended above them.

"Oh, sorry." Warren stated as he rose up and grabbed the girl. Without waiting for the winged man to return, Gambit swung himself up and grabbed the rope. He swung to a lower floor in the building.

Logan jumped off the roof he had been standing on and used his claws to slow himself down as he reached the ground. "Damn it, Drake!" he began advancing on the now worried ice mutant. "Your gonna get somebody killed!"

Before Logan could proceed to tear the man to shreds, Warren stepped between them. "Hey I just got here, can't killing each other wait until I'm ready to leave." Angel sighed pompously.

"Depends on if you want to leave in a body bag or not."

"Logan." Storm said warningly.

"Fine, but if these two idiots aren't going to work then get them out of here." He growled turning back to the building. He grabbed a few loose boards and called up to Gambit. When the Cajun was ready, Logan threw the boards up to him.

"Well aren't they a cheery bunch." Betsy stated walking up to the non-working boys and Storm. "What's their problem?"

"Who knows?" Bobby shrugged innocently.

757575757575757575757575757575757575757575757575757575 757575757575757577575757575757575757

Wow, it's been awhile. O.O
But now I have updated and I made Angel be a surprise guest. I think I'm going to send him back home before the next chapter though. Tell me what you think.
Thanks for reading! Review please!