X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Static ❯ Commotion ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For disclouser see chapter one.
Chapter V: Commotion


"Damn it Cajun!" Logan hissed angrily as a card based explosion erupted close enough to his head to make his ears ring. The Cajun merely glanced at him as if to say 'What exactly would it do? YOU CAN HEAL YOURSELF!' Or maybe he was just curious to see if he had hit anybody, Logan couldn't tell.

As anyone with half a brain could have guessed, the Georgia institute had finally been attacked. The majority of the schools inhabitants hadn't been surprised. Most of the students seem to be able to piece together the fact that the danger room was preparing them for an attack. The other students however seemed under the belief that nothing bad could ever happen to them. Well, they got over that notion quickly.

"My, my, my, it seems the local anti-human mutant group doesn’t agree with our peaceful methods. It's almost like de-ja-vu." Beast joked exiting the building. Behind him a foolishly arrogant pyrokinetic teenager's unconscious form was hung from a coat rack by the door. The child had decided to try to get the better of the blue doctor. He was sadly mistaken.

"It's not these punks I'm worried about, it's the Cajun. His aim keeps getting crappier and crappier." Logan growled.

"Dat's only assuming I wasn't aimin' for you, mon ami.” Gambit grunted as he threw two more cards at a boy that looked like he was made of melting tar. They hit their target dead on and exploded with enough force to blow the kid's stomach open. The tarry substance reformed it's self, though the kid did seem to think better about the situation. He turned tail and ran for it.

"Well that's two. How many of these miscreants are there?" Hank asked calmly looking around. Around the three X-Men, their students did their best at fighting back the attackers though they all seemed a bit wind swept.

"At the most, thirty." Logan said nonchalantly.

"You seem rather laid back about the situation my friend. Normally you are the one at the front of every fight."

"Storm's 'forbidding me from doing anything that's unnecessary to our young misguided attackers'. She thinks it'll be a good learning experience for the kids if I don't bash all of their heads in." He explained mimicking Ororo's lecturing tone.

"Since when has dat stopped you?" Gambit smirked.

"Since she threatened to make me teach drama." He scowled at the thought. Logan then had to take a step back as an intruder was blasted out of the window above them. "Nice shot, Bub!" Logan called up to the excited teen.

"Damn, dat's gonna hurt in da mornin'." Remy groaned sympathizing with the body on the ground.

"Mr. McCoy!" A young girl yelled running up to the three. "They've gotten into the mansion!" She exclaimed waving her arms to emphasize her point. She looked very frustrated when they didn't respond to her rantings. "Aren't you going to do something?!"

"Aren't you?" He asked her calmly.

"Me? What can I do?" She looked around for support.

"Chere, dis be a school. What better way to learn to fight dan bein' attacked by kid your age." Gambit smiled. She stared at him as though, he sprouted another head and started dancing around in circles singing Mary had a Little Lamb.

"You better hurry, they could be destroying your room as we speak." Beast nodded calmly. She ran off shaking her head muttering to herself.

"Kids these days, expecting everything to be done for them." Logan growled reclining on the lawn.

"So, how long do you bet it's gonna be till Stormy gets us to chase off dese kids?"

"Five bucks says, ten minutes."

"Gambit'll take dat bet, five minutes."

"Gentlemen, put me in for fifteen minutes."

The three sat there for a total of sixteen minutes before a very angry Orroro stormed out the door. Lightning flashed in the skies, one particular bolt struck a monkey-like girl climbing up the side of the institute. "Just what do you think your doing?" She yelled.

"Damn it Ro, you lost me ten bucks." Logan growled handing his money to the doctor.

"Alright, forget what I said earlier. Get them out of here. Now!" She yelled taking off into the sky to take care of another punk.

"I want my money back, so let's bet ten dollars each to the person who can knock out the most of these punks."

"I accept your terms."

"Gambit's in."

8585858585858588585858585885858585858585858858585858858585588 58585858585855858585858
Yay, I updated! Hope you liked and please review!