X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Static ❯ Lodi ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For disclaimer see chapter one.
Chapter IV: Lodi


Remy LeBeau had dealt with many things in his life. Marriage, killing a brother in law, being a widow, having the widowing wife come back from the dead and try to kill him, being left in Antarctica to die by another woman he loved, nearly blowing himself up more times than he could count, were some of the firsts things that came to his mind. But nothing could have prepared him for trying to calm a teenage girl with the power to shatter windows with her voice. Said girl was now with him sitting outside Storm's office waiting for her to be done with another student (Ms. Monroe had agreed to take on the job of principle).

Partially deaf, Gambit did not hear Orroro open the door. Nor did he hear her yell his name. Finally after getting his attention, the three of them entered office. She could not suppress a giggle at the sight of the disheveled Cajun. "Re- Remy what happened?" she giggled. The Cajun looked flatly at her.

"My boyfriend dumped me." The girl next to him whimpered, Gambit hoped to any god that might be listening that the girl would not start crying again.

"Oh, is that so?" she looked at Gambit quizzically. He merely nodded looking as miserable as the girl.

"I guess I got a bit carried away- hiccup- but he said... he said..." when the wailing started again, Remy left the room as quickly as possible. Storm was no longer wondering what had happened to him as her marble framed picture case started to crack.

It was at least twenty minutes before Gambit could hear properly again. "Hey Gumbo, you look like shit," Logan scoffed tossing him a beer.

"T'anks mon ami." the Cajun grunted tiredly. The two sat in the teacher's kitchen complaining about life in general and becoming gradually drunk. Well, Remy was. Logan's healing powers all but kept him from getting buzzed.

"Hey guys! How's school life treatin' you?" Bobby grinned walking into the kitchen. He sighed happily after opening a bottle of some strawberry wine cooler and taking a sip. He sat himself across from the two dangerously irritated men.

Before Logan could grunt out a quick insult, Remy burst into a fit of laughter. Startled Bobby and Logan jumped up and stared at the Cajun as if he had sprouted wings. "What the hell is he drinking?" Bobby wondered incredulously.

"It's not what I'm drinkin' homme, it's what you drinkin'." He laughed. Upon closer inspection of the bottle, the two could only guess about what had set the Cajun off. The flavor of the wine cooler was 'Berrylicious Bliss'.

"You've got some weird sense of humor Remy." Bobby said mock- seriously. The younger man returned to his seat while Logan remained standing.

"You've got some sissy taste in drinks." Logan smirked. The now red-faced Cajun was doubled over. It wasn't the kind of laugh where everyone could hear it; it was the silent kind that made it impossible to breathe.

"Alright, which one of you got the Cajun high?" Betsy inquired strolling into the kitchen. She rummaged in the fridge, and pulled out a bottle of orange juice. "You know that stuff will kill you." She stated dryly pointing to the beers.

"Hey, mine's got three percent natural fruit juice in it!" Bobby defended. This did not help the Cajun's breathing problem.

"Seriously, what is his problem?" Betsy asked staring at Gambit.

"I think the stress is getting to him."

"Well, we can't all have Berrylicious Bliss Bub." Logan grunted. If the two didn't know any better, they'd believe the feral Canadian was giggling.

"What the hell?"

"Don't ask."

"Oh my, it seems I'm interrupting a party." Beast smiled entering the room. He took one look at the Canadian and the Cajun, and decided he needed a drink. "It seems I've missed the joke." He stated opening his own beer.

"It was a stupid joke." Bobby grunted defensively.

"I see."

It was then that Orroro Monroe, looking as though she just sat through a hurricane stormed into the kitchen. She didn't even stop to look at her team; she went straight to the refrigerator. After a few moments of browsing she growled, "Which one of you drank my wine cooler?" Gambit let out a howl of laughter and Logan couldn't contain his grunting laughter. Bobby merely turned pale.

"Sorry Ro, I didn't know it was your last one." Bobby said carefully. He quickly backed out of the room before the weather goddess could recover.

"Remy, I think there might be something seriously wrong with that girl." Storm growled sitting on the counter.

"What girl, Stormy?" Gambit questioned. He had just begun to continue breathing normally.

Storm merely stared at the Cajun, shaking her head in wonder. "The one that nearly destroyed your room."

"Oh, her. Gambit almost forgot, Chere." He smiled and then started to giggle again.

"What?" Beast, Storm, and Betsy all sighed in unison.

"Bobby stole 'da Berrylicious Bliss."


74747474747474747474747474747474747474747474747474747 474747474747474747474747474747474747

Sorry about taking so long to update! Please review!