X-Men Fan Fiction ❯ X-Static ❯ Hey Tonight ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
For original disclaimer see title page, I also do not own the titles 'Tom Sawyer' 'Of Mice and Men' 'Moby Dick' or 'To kill A Mockingbird.'

Chapter III: Hey Tonight


"I can't believe this shit." Logan growled staring at his instructions from Joseph. The instructions included what basic areas Logan's classes would cover and some lesson plans. Believe it or not, the great ferocious Wolverine was going to teach ninth and tenth graders English.

"Gambit sympathizes wit' you mon ami, but de don' want Gambit teachin' the chillin's English." Drawled the Cajun lazily.

"I wonder why." Logan grunted sarcastically. The two were standing in the living room waiting for the majority of the students to wander down when they finally got lost. "What are you teaching, Gumbo?"

"History and French."

"So am I going to have to explain how the hundred year’s war really ended?"

"Hey, dose Brits' were cheatin'!" Gambit exclaimed plopping down onto a vinyl couch. "So, what's on dat list dat's making you so pissy?"

"I'm not pissy... This book list is killing me. Shit, I haven't read half of them. How am I supposed to check their stupid reports?" Logan growled throwing the paper at Remy for him to read.

"You ain't ever read Tom Sawyer?"

"Nope."

"Moby Dick?"

"No."

"Of Mice and Men?"

"No!"

"To kill a Mo-"

"I get it Cajun! No, I don't read very much." Logan growled dropping himself into an armchair opposite the couch. Gambit went back to reading Logan's instructions, half way through he stopped reading and started snickering.

"What's so funny?"

"Notin' mon ami, jus' trying to imagine you talkin' about 'discriptive words' and 'creativity' and 'poetry'.” Gambit snickered as Logan tore the paper from his grasp.

"Poetry?!" His eyes scanned the page and when he found the offensive material, Logan tore up the paper and proceeded to pout like a two year old. The Cajun could not suppress his giggles.

"Good morning, guys." Robert Drake smiled entering the living room. According to the professor Bobby was the person best fit to teach gym. Logan had strongly disagreed but in the end his opinion really didn't mean anything.

"Did you get lost mon ami?" Gambit stated flatly, raising his left eyebrow.

"No! I am not lost, I just decided to help you two with the lost students." Iceman huffed indignantly.
Before he could sit down with the other two, a boy with flaming red skin and yellow eyes floated down the steps.

"Hey, um... can you tell me where Mr. Drake's class is?" he asked shyly.

"Well here's your chance to help Bobby, show this kid to your class." Logan snickered.

"What, do you think I can't?" He exclaimed throwing his hands in the air. After a few moments of silence he let his hands down and admitted he had no idea where his room was.

"Come on den." Gambit sighed leading the two away.

"Finally, peace and quiet." Logan sighed settling deeper into his chair. He lit up a cigar and had about five seconds to smoke it before the bell rang. "Shit!" he snarled putting the smoke out with his hand. He stalked up the stairs and through the left hallway, then up some more stairs and to the right hallway. Finally he made it to his classroom which was already full even though the tardy bell wouldn't ring for another five minutes.

"Alright, listen for your name." he grunted as the bell rang and the last few stragglers made it to class.
"Anmarit, Cody." he looked up to see if anyone replied. The girl he had met a few weeks before slowly raised here hand and sighed 'here'.

"Benjamin, Kaleb."

"Yo." A blue haired boy called from the back. He was leaning against the back wall surrounded by other boys who all looked like 'punks I'm gonna have to put through the roof' in Logan's mind.

"Brenton, Mike."

"It's Michael." he said arrogantly raising his hand in the air.

"Don't care." Logan grunted making a mental note to call the little brat Mike for the rest of the year. "Cardagin, Sabrina."

"Present." A blonde girl in the front row smiled politely.

"Chicoto, Jose." Logan went through the entire roll and assessed every scent so he'd be able to tell who was who. The kids were nervous looking and jittery, they were really starting to irritate the animalistic Canadian. He looked around at them and tried to think of something to say. Instead of thinking it through he went with, "Look, I'm your teacher Mr. Logan. Your here because your mutants and in need of schooling away from people who might do something stupid like, burn your house down. In this class room whatever I say goes and if you piss me off, you'll really regret it." he growled at the last part to add emphasis. "Any Questions?"

"Yeah, is it true that Logan is also your first name?" Kaleb sneered.

"No way! Like, Logan Logan?" a brunette shrieked in laughter.

"No, one name Logan." Sabrina answered waspishly, trying to silence the other girl.

"Like Madonna or Cher." Michael grunted.

"Mrs. Madonna. That's like totally weird!" More chatter like this continued until Logan felt like ripping out his hair.

"Shut up! The next person who talks out of turn is dead!" Logan growled bringing forth his claws. That really did the trick.

"This is going to be a long year." he sighed sitting at his desk.

797979799797979799797979797979797979799797979797997979797979 79797979797797979979797979799

To all those who reviewed last time, THANKYOU!!! ^.^ I hoped you like this chapter and please review.