Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Dear Shion ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Dear Shion,

You were right, I was wrong. The uber-bunnie plushie will be arriving on your doorstep a few days after this; I had to special order a box big enough to send it in.

To be honest, I never expected the plan to work. Actually, I never thought there was anything to your speculations at all! I thought Little Master had a crush on MOMO. And the idea of Master Gaignun being anything other than straight never even occured to me. Although I might have been the only one; my sister and quite a few members of the Durandal bridge crew cleaned up in the pool. I didn't even know there was a pool on when Little Master and Master Gaignun would break down and confess!

Master Gaignun must have been under more pressure than we thought. He'd been having migraines from the stress and everyone was worried. It finally came to a head when Little Master took a call from MOMO, in between one of their endless meetings. It wasn't that long a conversation, but something about it set Master Gaignun off (I think it might have been the promise to go down to Second Militia to see her as soon as he had free time). Anyway, as soon as it was over, Master Gaignun asked Little Master if he'd prefer to be moved to Second Militia to spend more time with MOMO. Little Master was very surprised, it must have seem to come out of the blue to him. When he asked why, Master Gaignun pointed out that he seemed to prefer talking to the Realian than performing his duties.

(Which is blatantly untrue! Little Master has actually taken on more work, if only to spare Master Gaignun his migraines.)

After Little Master had calmed down a bit from his temper tantrum, he asked Master Gaignun what was his problem with MOMO. It took some prodding and poking, but eventually Master Gaignun admitted that he felt that MOMO was stealing Little Master away from him. I don't think Little Master had quite gotten it yet because he spent some time going on about how they were brothers and nothing would ever change that, until Master Gaignun just got so frustrated that he blurted out that he loved him!

(That reminds me, I can't remember if MOMO-chan wants the pink dress or the green one. Could you ask her for me? Although I don't see why I have to buy the dress; it was your plan!)

They spent the next week walking on eggshells around each other, and for a while there I was sure you were wrong. But Little Master ended the whole thing so casually. At the end of the inspection of the Durandal, as Master Gaignun was about to slink off and sulk again in his office, Little Master just turned around and told him that he loved him too!

Augh, I'm not describing this well, but I've included two small holo clips with this message so you can see what happened.

Anyway, they're still at the shy-and-awkward stage right now. The 100-series are having fun trying to snap pictures of them together, which isn't helping their paranoia. Even my sister got in on the act, which I never expected!

So now I'm left trying to fufill all those stupid bets I've made. I'll try to keep you updated as their relationship progresses (or you could check out one of the LiveJournal's of the bridge crew, I'll try to include the address in the next letter). Hugs and kisses to all of you!

XOXOXOX
Mary Godwin

P.S. I haven't gotten Jin's prints yet. I'm going to have to ask for an advance on my salary from Master Gaignun before I can afford them. Gah! I'm never making a bet with you or your brother again!