Xenosaga Fan Fiction ❯ 30 Kisses ❯ Monday Morning ( Chapter 17 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
The coffee wasn't perking fast enough.

Not that Mary cared. Even a Monday couldn't dampen the younger Godwin sister's optimistic spirit. She was a morning person anyway.

Shelley wasn't as fortunate. She glared at her sister over the coffee pot. "Do you have to be so fucking chirpy right now?"

"Now, now, neesan. With the way you're acting, no one would ever guess that you're the one who turned in early last night while I was partying all weekend."

"And it's damn unfair."

"Look on the bright side. Gaignun-sama hates mornings even more than you do, and the coffee won't do him any good."

"Myurgh." Mary winced. Ever since Gaignun-sama had made it quite clear that the sisters' arm-candy roles were strictly public and that he had no interest that way with them in private, Shelley had had quite a chip on her shoulder. Mary didn't care, she played for the other team anyway, but the older sister had quite a crush on their rescuer.

"Was someone talking about me?" And of course, speak of the devil.

"Good morning, Gaignun-sama," Mary sang out cheerfully. "We were just waiting for the coffee-" The machine finished perking. "-and there it goes. Want some?"

"No thank you. Don't need it." Now that was a surprise. Gaignun always drank coffee Monday mornings. he said he needed every bit of help he could get. The blonde looked more closely at her boss.

Just a bit of an extra sparkle in those green eyes. And yup, a definite glow to the skin. And was that a hickey peeking out from just above the collar of his pajamas? "You got laid!"

"You WHAT?!?" Now that definitely jolted Shelley awake. "How could you?!?"

She was ignored. "Yes, I did." Not even a hint of a blush on those cheeks. Mary couldn't help but giggle as she poured herself a cup of coffee.

"Oooh, good for you, Gaignun-sama! Who was the lucky guy?"

Now that did bring a hint of red to his face. Not a lot, mind you, just barely there. "Not telling," he muttered as started to eat. Mary wasn't surprised he was putting it away; she knew from experience that you could really work up an appetite.

Her sister grabbed the coffee pot. "I think it's disgraceful and-" She was cut off by the entrance of Junior.

"Good morning!" he said as he grabbed a biscuit and an apple from the table. "I've got a meeting this morning, so I'll grab breakfast there." He leaned over and kissed Gaignun, right on the corner of his mouth. "That was fantastic! I'll be thinking about it all day." He whirled out of the kitchen again.

Shelley overfilled her cup and spilled boiling hot coffee all over her hand as Mary laughed and Gaignun slowly turned brick-red.