Xiaolin Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Tianshi ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Title: Tianshi

Author: SakuraSango, Silver Fox, and Red Dragon

Rating: PG-13- strong- might change later if we need to…

Disclaimer: If I owned this Jack so woulda had the most screen time ever!

Pairing: Chase/Wuya, eventually- Jack/Kimiko

Warnings: Uh just the normal- blood, violence stuff. More may come in later as the story progresses. Slight Angst factor…

Summary: When Jack is found beaten and close to death little do the Xiaolin dragons know that the battle for the control of the world has started.

A/n: Alright so me and my brothers just came up with this idea- though none of us know how exactly. We were just driving when poof it came to us. Anyways this is written by the three of us, I type up the twisted plot that my brothers are telling me. And I thought I was the messed up one. Of course I’m helping to keep plot holes from forming.

So please read and review, however no flames please. Flames will be used to burn the annoying mosquitoes that are biting my toes.

Also I think the title means ‘Angel’ in Chinese, if it is wrong please tell me and I’ll change it if anyone knows the right spelling or word. I forget what site I found it on but the internet has been known to be wrong before and I do not claim to know Chinese nor try to.

x-x-x-

Why don't you, come down to
It's such a brutal planet
It's such an ugly world
Why won't you, come down to”
’Brutal Planet’ By: Alice Cooper

x-x-x-

The moon shone down brightly upon the sleeping temple, soft wispy clouds creating gentle shadows on the cement ground. The warm air blew gently, rustling the leaves of the cherry trees, playing a gentle night song. Chirping crickets filled the night air as a lone shadow circled the fountain before stopping at in front of the vault.

Sighing Kimiko sank to the cooled stone blocks, as she pulled out her hand held PDA. With a second bored sigh the young Japanese girl started to tap away at the screen pulling up the internet. Leaning back she tucked her heels under her legs ready to spend the rest of her shift surfing the net.

The monks had been put on a high alert when they had noticed their security system was down, wires chewed from a curious squirrel. Afraid that their Wu could be stolen easily at night, the apprentice monks had all agreed to take shifts during the night. They had decided it would be stupid to change every four hours, instead agreeing that they each would take one whole night, getting the next day off from chores and training. Instead they would be able to sleep and rest coming back to normal that night.

Tonight was Kimiko's night, and though she was happy to be chore free when the sun rose, the young Japanese girl could not help but feel jealous at her friends that got to lie in their nice cozy cots, sleeping soundly. If only she could sleep too.

'This is stupid to guard the Wu.' She mused while clicking on her email account. It was stupid, everyone had agreed after Master Fung had told them about the wires.

The temple had not had an attempted raid in almost a month. For a month now they had been able to collect the Wu as they revealed themselves without trying to beat the bad guys. They had not had a showdown- except for when Raimundo and Omi decided to showdown for fun, betting chores instead of Wu.

Jack had disappeared almost over a month ago, no one had heard a word from him. Wuya and Chase had remained silent in their lair, and none of the dragons were ready to rush into the lair to find out why. They had stopped attacking and that was good enough for them.

A month of silence and still it was not enough to let any of them get a good enough night sleep until the wires were fixed.

Kimiko sighed as she clicked out of her email discouraged. Her best friend, Keiko, had not emailed her yet and Kimiko was starting to feel left out. The temple was starting to strain her friendship with Keiko now.

Stretching her legs out, Kimiko laid back on the cooled tiles, her eyes watching the stars above. She wouldn't fall asleep, no she was better trained then that. Besides there was still the freedom of chores lingering on her mind. But it did not mean that the young girl could not enjoy the stars for part of her shift.

Humming Kimiko swayed her feet to the tune, remember back when she was younger when her dad would sing to her in Japanese before tucking her into bed. Sapphire eyes traced lines between the stars making shapes and designs. Smiling Kimiko switched to another song, humming lightly as she closed her eyes. A light breeze drifted down brushing against her cheek before ruffling her hair.

A crunch from outside the temple walls caused the girl to gasp, sitting up straight her eyes glued to the entrance on the other side of the fountain. Her eyes squinting to try to make up for the darkness as she stared unblinkingly. Slowly she stood, her hands out in a defensive pose as she walked around the fountain.

Mentally she was thankful that even after the month break she still could stalk just as good as she did then. Adrenaline pumped through her veins as Kimiko walked towards the entrance heel to toe with her arms raised and ready for action. Looking around quickly, the girl noticed that she was still alone- no ambushes were surrounding her. Though that also meant that she was left alone to fight. Kimiko knew that if she screamed that everyone else would be out in a second. But if for some reason she could not scream for help, she would have to fight alone.

Fight alone...

As much as she loved to be able to hold her own, the thought of fighting after a month's break sped her heart. Swallowing hard Kimiko took a reassuring breath.

It could be nothing. It could just be that pesky squirrel that now allowed them to take guard duty at night. Or it could have been an owl deciding to have some dinner- maybe he decided to do the monks all a favor and eat that pesky squirrel. Or it could easily be some other annoying little animal that decided to scare the girl. She was getting ahead of herself. There was no enemy so far, no other sounds.

'Get a hold of yourself girl!' Kimiko scolded herself as she closed in on the opening.

Squinting again Kimiko stared at the dark trees that surrounded the temple. Nothing seemed out of the ordinary as she glanced around one last time. Maybe it was all in her head. She was bored after all. Maybe she just heard a sound and put too much into it. Her mind playing out what could happen. After all she was prone to over imagining things when she became too bored, especially at nights.

"Who's there?" She questioned the darkness immediately feeling foolish. Here she was standing almost as though she expected the darkness to answer back.

There was no answer.

'Of course not,' Kimiko mused as she walked to the entrance of the temple, her head turning to one side to the other. It was useless, too dark for her to see. Glancing back Kimiko checked the temple one last time. Satisfied that no one was up, she held out a hand whispering for the flame to come up. A small flame flickered in her palm. Small enough to not awaken the monks, but big enough to chase away some of the shadows. Smiling Kimiko raised her right had just above her head before calling out again, this time sounding more surer as she found courage from the flame. "I said, who's there? Would you at least answer me if you're going to sneak around?"

Another crunch to the left answered her. This time she was sure of it. It was not an animal sound. The footstep was too heavy and too dragging to be from an animal. Kimiko's breathed quickened as she glanced behind her one last time before stepping out. She was on her own for now. Turning to the left Kimiko kept her hand raised as she walked down the temple wall, her eyes glancing from side to side as she tried to find the source of the sound.

Pausing before a waist-high bush Kimiko watched as the branches tremble. Sighing she rolled her eyes staring at the bush. Really who would be dumb enough to think that she could not see the branches moving. Let alone the bare foot that stuck out from underneath the bush. Tapping her toe impatiently Kimiko lowered her flame-wielding hand to her chest, the tip of the flame licking her chin lightly. "Come out of there or I'll just burn the bush down. I'm too tired to deal with this."

"N-n-no don't. I'll come out just don't hurt me."

Kimiko's eyes widened as she recognized that voice. Even though it had been over a month that she had heard it, she would recognize it from anywhere. Jack Spicer. Narrowing her eyes she stepped back allowing the teen enough room to step out.

A violent wind swept around the forest, dimming her flame as she watched the teen step out.

"What do you think you're doing here Ja-" Kimiko paused in mid-sentence as the wind died down, her flame jumping back immediately. Flickering light flooded her face and Jack's as she took in the boy's condition. "What the hell happened to you?"

Jack shook his lightly arms crossed before his chest, ruby eyes closing before looking away from the girl.

Swallowing hard she stepped back, her hand outstretched as she took in the full picture. His crimson hair was tangled- more then normal- and clumped together by what looked like dried blood. A long gash ran across Jack's left cheek from under his eye down to his chin, it looked almost as though it had been opened repeatedly. Both eyes were swollen and bruised, his lower lip split with blood still falling from it. Through his opened lips, Kimiko could faintly see red-tinged teeth. His jacket was ripped as was his red Frankenstein shirt underneath, the backpack helicopter hanging heavily on the right shoulder, the left strap snapped. Both blades were snapped, sliding freely side to side as Jack wobbled. Dried blood and caked mud covered every part of his body where fresh blood did not flow. Jack leaned heavily on his right leg, his left seeming the most injured. Blood flowed freely from the bare foot onto the ground below.

"God Jack what happened to you?" She asked again, this time her voice softer, almost taking a motherly concern to it.

Again Jack shook his head, tears brimming his eyes as he stared at the wall. "Look Kimiko," Jack glanced at the Japanese girl before looking back at the wall, "I know we're not on the best of terms. I know we're kinda enemies and everything. But would it be ok if I spent at least the night here. I'll be gone tomorrow, I just need to rest that's all. And...and...I can't go..." Ruby eyes rolled back as Jack's knees buckled under his weight. Kimiko gasped as she ran towards the falling body arms out stretched. Kimiko extinguished the flame in her hand as she reached out catching the boy just before he came crashing to the ground.

Lying him gently on the forest floor, Kimiko turned running to the temple. She was going to need help getting Jack into the temple.

x-x-x-

Jack moaned as a jolt of pain pulled him from the peaceful darkness. It had been over a month since he had been able to sleep in peace, without a rude awakening or sudden pain ripping through his body. Eyes slowly cracked open before closing again as Jack whimpered at the sunlight that had blinded him. Gasping Jack tensed as he lied on the soft bed. 'Wait sunlight...Wha-'

Jack sprung up eyes glancing around wildly as he tried to figure out where he was. It wasn't there, nor was it his home. Blinking he tried to clear the haze in his mind. What had happened yesterday? What was so different that he would be here now instead of there?

"Ow," Jack whimpered as he grabbed his stomach, doubling over in the pain that ripped through his midsection.

"Whoa partner," Jack's eyes opened at the voice. If he was here then that meant. Jack looked up a fire in his eyes as he glared at the apprentice at his bed side, his hands balling into fists, ready to fight if need be.

Raising his hands Clay slowly walked closer to the bed, sitting on the edge. Carefully he wrapped his hands around the bony shoulders. "Whoa there, if you go movin' like that you're gonna reopen the wounds that we worked so hard on closing."

The touch weakened Jack as the fire left his eyes, slackening he allowed himself to be lied down in the bed again, raising his head long enough for Clay to add another pillow under Jack's bandaged head.

"You scared us, Kimiko the most though. But what happened to you Jack?" Clay asked gently as he sat back down on the edge of the bed.

Jack shook his head, looking away from the cowboy. He couldn't tell anyone what happened. No! He would never tell them what happened.

"That's what Kimiko said happened when she asked you. Hmm..." Clay pushed back a lock of crimson hair that poked out from the bandage. When they had started working on Jack the had found several gashes in his head, one which was infected. Master Fung had taken to cleaning the infected wound as Clay cleaned the dry blood from the other wounds. "You know we were wonderin' what happened to ya for the month. Omi was worried that something had happened to ya."

Jack glanced back at the monk, a questioning look in his eyes. They had worried about him? About their enemy? The same Jack that had fought against them, betrayed them numerous times just to get Chase to look his way. Blinking the teen tried to ignore the tears that stung at his eyes. He had not cried for over two weeks and he was not going to start now! Gritting his teeth Jack tore his glance away from the caring face of Clay.

Sighing Clay glanced out the window before looking back down at the teen. "Hey how about I get you some soup. Or maybe some oatmeal. It's soft and warm and it would fill you up better then a bowl of soup."

Jack smiled as he nodded, eyes closing lightly as much needed sleep lulled the boy back into a peaceful grasp that he had not gotten to experience in the longest time.

"I'll be back soon Jack." Clay pushed himself off of the bed as he headed towards the door.

"C-clay!" Clay grimaced at the way Jack's voice cracked as he called out. Breathing deeply he turned around smiling gently as he leaned against the frame.

Jack tried to open reluctant eyes as he faced where he thought the door would be. Unable to open his eyes, Jack sighed before continuing, "I...I... T-thank..."

"Hey no worries! We're glad that you're just ok," Clay interrupted him as he turned. "Right now you're a friend in need. You're hurt and it does not matter who you are." Thinking for a second, he added, "besides if we can take care of Katnappe for a while with a fake injury. I think we can take care of your real injuries. Both physical and mental." The last part had fallen on deaf ears as Jack passed back out to the blissfully peaceful darkness of sleep, his mind and body dripping with exhaustion.

x-x-x-

"I just don't trust him. That's all!"

Clay sighed as he walked into the continuation of Raimundo and Kimiko's fight. Raimundo did not want to trust Jack, insisting that they should just drop him off at the first hospital they saw and never look back. Meanwhile Kimiko argued that some one apparently was after him. Hurting him on purpose, the sole reason that he should stay until he was healed.

Clay sat on the cushioned pillow next to Omi glancing at the short monk. He held his face in his hands as he tried to ignore the feuding teens behind him.

"They still at it?" Clay whispered as he looked back at the two, too bent in their argument to realize someone had just entered the room. The same two teens that were blocking the stove. Apparently Jack's oatmeal was going to have to wait a couple more minutes. Especially since neither of the two seemed ready to give up.

Omi nodded wearily. He had been awakened in the early hours of the morning, and though adrenaline had pumped through him allowing him to help with Jack quickly. He was now starting to come down from the high and was ready to sleep. "They're still fighting like birds and fishes."

"Cats and dogs," Clay corrected, "About the same stuff still?"

Omi nodded again, laying his head on the low, wooden table. He wanted nothing more then to get a couple more minutes of sleep.

"How can you not trust him, especially with him injured like that?!" Kimiko all but screamed at the tanned teen, her hands curling into tight fists.

"How many times has he come here, swearing to be good, swearing that he had given up taking over the world, given up Chase! Just to turn on us the last second." Raimundo relaxed his ridged body, forcing himself to take a deep calming breath. He had to stay cool, he had to or this would get too far out of control. Further then he wanted it to ever go.

"But he's injured! I mean look at his wounds. Were you not there with us cleaning them? Did you not see his legs? His arms? Who knows what internal injuries he has."

"So he got into a fight, probably with Chase after messing something up. Who knows how many enemies the kid has. Any of them could have gotten mad at him and decided to take out their frustrations."

"What did he mess up with Chase? What? Huh! There has been nothing going on for a while now. Besides you heard what Master Fung said about some of the wounds on Jack."

"So..." Raimundo was faltering at his argument. Perhaps he was in the wrong, but still his pride was not going to let him loose this fight, especially after how long they had been at it. "So he got someone to cut him. For all we know he could have cut himself. It’s probably some kind of plan to get our Wu!"

"Argh Rai! I swear sometimes..." Kimiko stared at the Brazilin, arms flailing as she tried to find the right words to explain how she felt right now. Feeling too frustrated too early in the morning after a night from hell, Kimiko gave up her arms flying above her head as she stormed for the door that led outside. "ARGH!"

Omi stared at the door that Kimiko had just stormed out of before looking back at Raimundo. Glancing between the two objects, his eyes sad before making up his mind. Jumping up from his place at the table he ran out the door after the annoyed girl. "Kimiko wait!"

Sighing Clay stood silently, sidestepping Raimundo heading for the stove. Grabbing the pot of lukewarm water, he placed it back over the warm burner turning the heat on high. "Try taking an easy on Jack, 'k. At least until he's healed enough to at least sit up."

"Fine," Rai huffed as he threw up his arms. "But don't expect me to help out when he turns on us yet again! 'Cause I'll be over there," Rai pointed out of the kitchen window to a lone cherry tree, "telling you all 'I told you so!'" Huffing he stormed out of the kitchen muttering about how he should have stayed in bed.

Shaking his head Clay stared at the pot, his mind racing over everything that had happened in less then twenty-four hours.

"A watched pot never boils," Master Fung placed a steady hand on the cowboy's shoulder.

"A saying that I know, something must be on your mind if you're using simple sayings." Clay turned away from the stove, heading to the cabinet for a bowl. Standing still he stared at the bowl in his hands, questions raced his mind, wanting to pour out yet he could not find the words for them.

“Is there something on your mind, young monk?”

Clay turned around, shaking his head. “I would not know where to begin. There’s just so much that I want to know, yet…” Clay shrugged helplessly. Silently he poured some of the oatmeal into the pot.

“Yet Jack does not talk about it.” Master Fung stood beside the cowboy staring into the thickening mush, almost as though it had the answers. Clay nodded silently.

Finding Jack in the condition that he was in had shaken all of them. Left them all to imagine what the teen had been through. No matter how hard Clay tried to imagine the outcomes, it always seemed to fall so much shorter then what Jack had apparently gone through.

“Young Monk,” Clay glanced up, “just wait for Jack to find the strength to talk. He will soon enough, then we can help him.”

Clay nodded as he turned the burner off pouring the oatmeal into the bowl. They would all wait for Jack to heal enough to tell what happened. And after he found out Clay silently promised that he would give them just a fourth of what they had done to Jack. Enough to make them hurt, whoever it was. Besides he was certain that the others would want to help give whoever back some of Jack’s pain.

But until then.

Clay forced the frozen smile on his face as he walked out of the kitchen and back to the bedroom that now doubled as a makeshift hospital.

For now he would try to help the others heal Jack. Try to get the small teen back to normal before forcing him to talk.

x-x-x-

Heh ok so how was it? Does that part with the oatmeal show I don’t cook often. Heh probably. I don’t know I’m just not a big cooker.