Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Living Shinigami ❯ Clean Up ( Chapter 24 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: Welcome back to the fic, peoples. If you ever want a creepy place for a camp-out, forget the cemetery and the church. Small, community theatres make the strangest noises at night and usually have a least one ghost in residence. Believe me, I know. Anyway, I hope you like the new chapter, but I’m being lazy due to the fact that I just got up, so you can mentally fill in your favorite disclaimer. Read and review!

“Living Shinigami”

Chapter Twenty-four

Clean Up

There was a cough from the ground between them. “Yell at me for making him worry, more likely. Give me the phone. One of you is going to need to carry me outside.” When Quatre paused for too long, he simply snatched the phone from the blonde’s hand. “Hiya Heero. Sorry, but I’m not dead yet. Got a couple of years before I come to take my blackened soul.”

Heero’s voice was gruff, as though spoken from a tight throat. “Baka. How can you collect your own soul?”

“I’ll tell you when you’re older,” Duo said flippantly, hiding a pained grimace as Wufei hoisted him onto his back to carry him. “By the way, when you get here and see a lot of blood, don’t freak out. It isn’t all mine.” He quickly covered the speaker. “And now you can talk to Relena.”

“He’s going to go and strap you to a hospital bed now,” Wufei said, following Quatre back outside the building.

“Ooh, kinky.”

Wufei rolled his eyes while Relena giggled behind them. “Just where did the innocent version of you that I saw around your parents go?”

“Bah, I was never innocent,” Duo said, giving his guardian’s ponytail a tug.

“You met his parents?” Quatre asked

Wufei smirked. “Would you believe that they’re shinigami?”

“Somehow, I’m not surprised.”

They found a shady spot out in the open to wait for the others, Wufei allowing Duo to lean on him. In a quick moment of insight, he hid Duo’s tenshi robe in the braided man’s sleeves.

It was impossible to miss the moment their ‘rescue party’ caught sight of them, besieged as they were by the trio of mother hens. Seeing as Millardo had first rights to Relena and Trowa was already smothering Quatre, Heero rounded on Duo, only to find his way blocked by an armed Wufei.

“Calm down, and then you may speak to him,” the dragon’s descendant said smoothly but firmly.

Eyeing the bloodied sword, Heero took a calming breath, before attempting to approach to approach the braided man again. “Duo, I’m glad you’re alright. Where have you been all this time?”

“Went and saw my parents and the place where I grew up,” Duo quipped cheerfully. “My god father’s a doctor, so he fixed us right up. You didn’t kill our attackers, did you?”

“They’re still in Preventor captivity,” Quatre said from Trowa’s arms. “Claim to have been attacked by a dragon named Kijin. One of them seems to be convinced that you were a kami, Duo.”

“Really?” the shinigami asked. “Imagine that. Wonder where he could have gotten that idea. Kijin’s a guy who worked for my dad. Protective as hell, the lot of them. Yeah, I used to play with his little sister when I was a kid.”

“So he’s not a dragon?” Trowa asked.

Duo grinned. “Ten fingers, ten toes, two eyes and a nose. And I’m finally taller than him. Still not as tall as their dad though.”

“Can we go home now?” Relena asked, looking up at her brother.

“Someone will need to deal with Muraki’s corpse,” Millardo said, casting a glance toward the warehouse.

“I believe that that is something we can take care of, Agent Wind.”

`The mortals, minus Wufei, jumped before the agents in said group spun to face a familiar blond man and his ‘sister.’ They were about to pull out their weapons when Duo’s expression of relief stopped them.

“Was wondering when you’d get here, buddy,” he said, attempting to stand. Both Wufei and Solo rushed forward to steady him as he wobbled. “Back off, you worry warts. I can do this.”

“You were stabbed less than an hour ago,” Wufei pointed out logically. “I don’t care if you heal fast. You don’t heal that fast.”

Heero’s eyes flew wide, and he turned an accusing stare to Duo. “You were stabbed? Robes off. I need to see how bad it is. Wufei, why didn’t you tell us?”

“It’s already been bandaged,” the Chinese man lied easily. “Give me some credit. I know how to deal with wounds in the field.”

“See, no need to worry; it’s been taken care of,” Duo said, waving off his comrade’s concerns. “Solo and Samantha here will take care of my family’s boogie-man here, and we can catch a shuttle home. I bet Byakko-chibi been missing me. So, do I hobble out of here or do one of you fine gentlemen get to carry little ol’ me?”

“If this becomes a regular occurrence, I’m cutting your sugar intake,” Wufei said, automatically stepping forward to lift Duo onto his back. Millardo, however, stopped him. “What? He’s my responsibility.”

Looks of confusion were passed between the other three of the five pilots as Millardo pointedly glanced at the tops of Duo and Wufei’s heads, which were at the same level. Millardo, being several years older than them in addition to earth born and raised, was physically stronger and quite a bit taller. Finally, Wufei conceded.

“Alright,” he said with a sigh. “But drop him and die.”

“Why are you suddenly so protective?” Heero asked as Wufei closely supervised the Sanqian prince lifting Duo. “You got like this occasionally during the war too.”

“Would you believe that we did not first meet during the war?” Wufei asked, a smirk on his lips. “For a brief moment in, we shared a cradle and slept together in the same pair of arms. We didn’t know until recently, but I believe that I remembered subconsciously.”

Upon returning to HQ, Lady Une had choice words to say to Duo and Wufei, and some more for Quatre about not arranging for back-up when meeting with a suspicious person away from public sight. By the time Sally got hold of them, she was mystified over the disagreement between the tiny wound on Duo’s stomach and the vast amount of blood on his inner-most layers of clothing, where Muraki’s would not have reached. Muttering about freaky colonist pilots, she slapped a band-aid on it and ordered him out of her hospital ward.

When Duo insisted on going to see their attackers, Wufei insisted on going with him. Between the two of them, Une found herself giving in. It was their right, after all.