Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Anti Nostalgic ❯ Part 2, Chapter 5 (Tsuzuki) ( Chapter 13 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Title: Anti-Nostalgic (Tsuzuki, Chapter 5)

Author: Elf Asato

Pairings: Tsuzuki/Hisoka, Watari/Hisoka, Tatsumi/Tsuzuki

Warnings: *gaspu*! It's the chapter that corresponds to Hisoka's Chapter 5!!

Disclaimer: Yami no Matsuei belongs to the great Matsushita-sensei and if I butcher her name, it's out of love. Anti-Nostalgic is a song from Gravitation so that doesn't belong to me, either.

Notes: I'm sorry this is really dragging!! Watari's chapters will be quick and painless, though, I'll make sure of that ^^;;

====================

Anti-Nostalgic

By Elf Asato

====================

*~@~*

Tsuzuki

*~@~*

Mornings…

…really suck.

They should just…die or something. …But then if mornings died, then there would be no afternoon or evening, no yesterday or tomorrow.

No dance with Hisoka.

Okay…well, as mean as mornings are (getting you up from sleep…now that's just mean!), I'll tolerate them. There's a lot of mean things I tolerate, after all. Even Hisoka. He should know by now that trying to escape from my Super-Tsuzuki! hug is mean. I mean, who am I to Super-Tsuzuki! hug if he's not there beside me, wrapped in my arms like pastry?

Baked goods…mm.

Hisoka…mm.

Baked goods and Hisoka…

Baked goods on Hisoka…

…Okay fine, I'll get up.

With the various attempts at leading Hisoka to bed notwithstanding, we greeted the morning (er, afternoon…) with smiling faces. It was beautiful. The entire world was beautiful because Hisoka looked so happy, even though we spent a lot of time arguing about who would cook brunch, what shade of blue the sky was, exactly what that lone cloud did look like…(it did not look like a duck!!). It was wonderful.

Every.

Single.

Moment.

…Beautiful.

Right around when we finally got to cooking breakfast - it was a joint project! - he fell silent. I was worried that perhaps I did something wrong, so I playfully pulled my inu trick and prodded him to pay attention to something. Of course…he was thinking about something. He's always thinking…

Does he ever think of me?

I think of him.

A lot.

Was it the good kind of thinking…

…or was it bad?

What goes on in that head of his?

"Are you happy?" I ask, worried that he might be doing the bad sort of thinking…having second thoughts about our relationship.

…But pbbth! Why would he be thinking that? Really now…really…? I mean, he only thinks of me, not what happened to him when he was alive…! I erased those bad memories from him, didn't I?

Didn't I?

*~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~*

As always, Hisoka looked absolutely stunning. He always does, so I really shouldn't have been floored when I saw him in that tuxedo we rented. Naturally, I was, though, of course.

Naturally.

When we made our way down the hall to the ballroom, I envisioned us having some sort of grand and glorious entrance: the second we would walk in, people would stare at us in awe because Hisoka was so beautiful. Ladies and gentlemen alike would be vying for the honor of being Hisoka's dance partner, and being the nice guy I am, I'd let them dance with him, but that last dance we would have together. Just the two of us, gliding across the floor in a magical enchantment… We'd be the only ones dancing and all eyes would be on us. And we, in turn, would have our eyes on each other. There would be no need to look at the floor or where we were - it would be irrelevant. We would be the only creatures on earth that mattered for that one moment in time.

…That one moment in time…

When we made our entrance in real time, though…we did capture some attention, but not because Hisoka was beautiful…

…But because he fell.

"Hisoka! Are you all right? You just…fell!"

His empathy. Damn it! I had forgotten all about it! He had been so good about it with the trip…I can't believe that I forgot all about it! How could I…? I was a horrible partner. I should have kept something like that in mind. Why didn't I…?

"No, it's okay," he said, "It's not your fault. I forgot, too… Er, I guess I didn't expect everyone to be feeling so strongly…"

We didn't have to do this. Really, we didn't…but he wouldn't let that line of thought be pursued any more. I kept asking him if he was sure he wanted to continue on with this, but he only told me to shut up. I was concerned for him, though, because…

"Ah…Hisoka, you're turning green…are you sure-"

"YES, now shut up! …Please!"

I led him to a seat and sat him down, wondering just what I could do to help him that he'd actually let me do… Raking my brain, though, the only solution I came up with was to stay by his side.

As if that was hard.

"…Tsuzuki, you really don't need to be wasting your night here with me… You like to dance, right? It's fun, isn't it? Don't let me keep you from that…"

"What are you talking about?" I protested, "I'm here with you now because I want to be. I'd give up anything for you, you know. My fun and happiness is here with you."

"…You're an idiot…"

"But I'm an idiot in love," I retorted as I kissed the top of his head, which made him blush.

He looked off somewhere else and then muttered, "…Hey, there's a little girl sitting all by herself at that table over there…"

"She looks so lonely… Can't be more than sixteen or so…"

"…Why don't you ask her to dance with you? I'm sure she'd enjoy that."

"What? But…what if her parents…?"

"I'm sure they'd appreciate you helping their daughter have a little fun."

"You're okay with this?"

"Baka, I suggested it to you. Why wouldn't I be?"

…Well, she was a nice looking little girl… It would probably make her happy and I did want to dance… And besides, I think if I solicited Hisoka's welfare any more, he might hit me, as he's wont to do when he's annoyed…

"All right!" I exclaimed cheerfully, giving him a quick kiss on the cheek as I went off to fulfill my mission. It was only to make him happy, though, because if Hisoka doesn't get his way, he gets a little cranky.

She was sitting at a table, all alone; I felt bad because her parents were probably dancing, having fun. "Hi there," I greeted with a smile as I went up to her.

The girl looked up at me in surprise and responded softly, "Oh…hello." Her eyes were a dark brown that perfectly accented her hair, looking like a doll Ruka used to own.

Assuming she was a little shy, I helped myself and sat down next to her, trying to stir up conversation. "…Don't you just love this sort of atmosphere? Everyone's having a good time and you get to meet new people…!"

"Yeah…but it's a little lonely," she admitted softly, "if you don't have any one to share the atmosphere with."

Maybe she wasn't shy, but just soft-spoken. I could understand that. After all, you are the same way, am I right? "…You don't have any one that you've perhaps seen and want to get to know a little better…?"

She looked a little shocked. "…You can't just do that, though! I mean, just walking up to someone you don't know and holding a conversation with them… That's a little impolite, isn't it?"

Shrugging I responded, "It happens all the time. That's how you meet new people. You never know - the person you meet may change your life. …And besides, are you terribly offended that I'm doing it to you?"

"Oh, well…" she muttered, looking a little embarrassed, "well…you can do it, but… I don't think I could. I'd be much too afraid of bothering him…and…what if he doesn't like me? I mean, I've only seen him once or twice…"

I don't think she realized it, but she was giving something away. "Oh…there's a him?"

She blushed and looked down at the table, averting her eyes. "Ah…yeah. It's this guy I've been seeing down by the pool. He's…ah…really cute… I don't have the nerve to actually talk to him, though…"

"Well what can it hurt?" I offered. "If it doesn't work out, you'll never have to see him again."

Glancing at me briefly before scanning the crowd, she muttered, "…True…"

"Oh Miki, it's nice to see you talking to someone!" the jarring voice of a woman erupted behind me. From the girl's reaction of "Hi, mother" I assumed that "Miki" was the girl I was talking to as I turned around to see the woman who owned that strident voice.

And my attention was immediately drawn not to the woman, but the man standing silently beside her. He had familiar sea green eyes that seemed pleasantly surprised.

He spoke. "Oh, you're the young man I met about a week ago, aren't you? It's nice to see you again."

Miki suddenly seemed rather suspicious. "You know my father? He didn't tell you to come and talk to me, did he…?"

"What? Oh, no, Miki," I explained as her mother listened with rapt attention, "I didn't even know that you were his daughter. It's just a pleasant coincidence."

Perhaps because I had been candid with her before, she appeared to believe me. Her mother, however, didn't and kept winking and smiling at me. It was kind of creepy. The man seemed rather embarrassed with his wife, which I could readily sympathize with, while Miki flushed a bright shade of pink and hissed, "Mother!"

I had to smile - they were a wonderful family - and laugh. It almost made me wish that I had a family like that when I was alive, but instead I only had Ruka… She was enough, but still…I couldn't help but…

Stop it. You have to think about now. You're better off dead than you were alive, you've got friends, you've got a loving partner…

…You've got everything except heartache, and you've had your share of that already.

I looked over my shoulder, try to hide that nostalgic glint in my eyes - I didn't want them asking questions - but as I did that, I saw a boy who seemed to be around Miki's age, sitting at a table, alone. There was just something about it… Perhaps its something only the walking dead can feel…

I had the perfect solution for his and Miki's loneliness.

"Ah, Miki…" I cleared my throat as I turned to talk to her, "there's a young man back at that table who…"

"Oh no, not you, too!" she sulked, "Honestly, why don't you guys just - that's him!"

I smiled as she cupped her hands over her mouth in a gasp and desperately tried hard not to blush…which she failed miserably at, by the way. Her mother immediately began a brash inquisition, but through all the noise, I tried to get through to Miki, to remind her… "It wouldn't hurt, would it? If he says no, you can just walk away and never see him again, but if he says yes… Are you willing to pass up this chance to talk to him?"

She reminded me of a mouse torn between the glorious prospect of cheese…and the terrible danger of the trap as well. Cute mouse, that was.

"Oh Miki honey, go on and talk to that little boy! If you'd like, I could introduce you and -" her mother began, but she was cut off.

"…Mother, I'll be fine," Miki said with a wavering resoluteness. "I…I can handle it myself…"

My eyes lit up, as I knew I had been right about it all along.

You can't fake true emotion and destiny, after all.

"Miki…you mean you…?"

She blushed at my trailing question, but managed a smile. "I…I am. You're right…I don't want to risk losing the opportunity to talk to him because, well… I don't think I could bear not knowing what could have happened…you know? Thank you." With that she arose and her father shot me a beaming smile as she turned to walk slowly towards her young man…but she stopped in mid stride and turned back to gaze at me.

"I never asked you your name…"

"It's alright," I said, "that you don't know. Life needs some mystery, ne?"

Miki just smiled at me and replied, "I shall think of you as an angel, then." Then she turned her back towards me and I prayed, as the angel, that I would never see her sweetly smiling face again.

I wished her a long life.

====================

~End of Part 2, Chapter 5~

Eh heh…sorry for the delay ^^;; I actually had half of it done, but then I didn't finish this one sentence and went off to do something else. When I came back I couldn't remember what I was going to write! So…I kind of left it sitting in its little file, all poor and lonely. Awww.

Anyway, how I cut this chapter off isn't parallel to Hisoka's like the others have been, but I did that for a reason. I don't want any breaks between the building of tension next chapter. …Hmm, next chapter…

…Next chapter we get to the good stuff ^_~

====================