Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Shadows ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daughter of Shadows 2
Author's Notes: I got this idea watching the "Tenchi Muyo: Daughter of Darkness" DVD. The only characters I own are those of my own creation. Also thanks to PromisingGemini for helping me to get my plot ideas together and to help them make sense.

___________________________________________________________ __

The shower was on in Tatsumi's room and his clothes were in a neat pile on a chair desk. The atmosphere and shadows around the chair seemed to shift ever so slightly and a slender, white translucent hand reached out of the shadows and picked up two loose dark brown hair before disappearing into the shadows and the atmosphere and shadows returned to normal almost as if nothing had ever happened.

Kumori clutched the two pieces of hair against her chest as if she would drown without them; she shivered when the biting cold sunk deeper into her skin and chilled her to the bone. She reached up and with a delicate yank removed two of snowy white hairs from her delicate head. She placed her hair beside the dark brown hair and twirled it around in a spiral before removing the locket and placing the hair within it between the two pictures within it. She then clasped the locket between her hands and concentrated and sending her Chi into it in order to create a new life form to keep her company within this Shadow Prison of a hell.

The locket had been given to her by Tatsumi as a gift a month before she had been sealed away and she loved it deeply. He told her he had found it at an antique store and the locket had at one time belonged to a midwife and possessed the ability for the bearer to heal themselves. So, she figured that if it had that sort of ability then maybe, just maybe she could use it to create a new life form so she wouldn't be alone anymore. She closed her eyes and concentrated diligently on turning her chi, the hair strands, and locket into a new being, a daughter in fact. Slowly a soft white glow began to flitter softly from her hands and slowly became stronger filling the void.

A year later____________________________________________________

Tatsumi, Tsuzuki, Hisoka, Watari, Genkai, and Konoe were gathered around a table in the meeting room. They were dressed in their normal attire Hisoka in jeans and a t-shirt, the older males in suits, and Genkai was dressed in her normal Chinese fighting outfit. They sipped tea while they continued to talk about the missing prophecy; however, they were coming closer to finding it. The Fire Nymph Panthera was in charge of the Makai prophecy and the human, Reikai Tentai Kuwabara and his mate and offspring had been put in charge of the prophecy for Earth.

Genkai was not pleased to know that one of her idiot students was in charge of something so important; she would rather have had it in the hands of Kurama or if she hadn't been afraid of Koenma loosing it in the stack of papers she would prefer it to be in his and his wife's hands or even their daughter's who by now was in her late teens, early twenties.

"Have your boys checked the River Styx?" she asked taking a sip of tea. "It could be hidden in that area."

"That is a possibility," said Konoe thoughtfully. "I will tell the squads to get together with the members of Reikai's military forces to scan the area."

"I will make sure Koenma and Catterina know to expect company soon," said Genkai.

"I still do not know how it is possible for you to have always these connections," said Hisoka.

"Do we even want to know how she got these connections?!" muttered Tatsumi.

"I got them because I trained idiots, fought in black tournaments, and died old," snapped Genkai. "During my long life I gained more friends and idiotic pupils then I knew what to do with! Most of my pupils are grown with children of their own and are still idiots!"

"Charming master," muttered Tatsumi.

"Shut up!" snapped Genkai. "What is next on the agenda?"

"Tsuzuki," said Konoe. "Have Katana and her daughter settled down into their new apartment in the new district?"

"Yes," said Tsuzuki. "They have settled in and Katana has a new job for the police department and Junko is doing well in her new school."

"Good," said Konoe. "Do we have their backing for the Great War?"

"We do," said Tsuzuki.

"That will make thing easier on everyone," said Konoe.

"Of course," said Tsuzuki, getting to his feet and pouring himself some more tea. "I am not pleased with the prospect of having to join forces with Demons though."

"Oh I wouldn't know," said Tatsumi, taking a sip of tea. "Not all of them are bad."

"How would you know?" asked Watari, raising an eyebrow.

Tatsumi coughed and cleared his throat not wanting to meet the eyes of the rest of the people in his room. "I have had the opportunity to meet some demons," said Tatsumi, getting to his feet and pouring himself some more tea. "While I was still alive."

"How many?" asked Tsuzuki, raising an eyebrow. "And why haven't you told any of us?"

"I have meet one or two very nice demons," said Tatsumi, turning around to face the other people in the room.

Tsuzuki opened his mouth to say something when all of the sudden a girl with light brown hair and bright pink eyes leapt onto Tatsumi and wrapped her pale arms around his neck and rubbed her face into his back, between his shoulder blades. She was dressed in a tattered white kimono with pink cherry blossoms outlined in silver and a silver obi wrapped around her waist the kimono was not in good shape and it was splattered with blood and had holes and tears in it.

"Daddy!" shouted the girl.

Outside the office_______________________________________________

"WHAT?!"

Everyone at their desks glanced up from what they were doing and looked in the direction of the meeting wondering what was going on inside there.

TBC