Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Shadows ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daughter of Shadows 3
Author's Notes: I got this idea watching the "Tenchi Muyo: Daughter of Darkness" DVD. The only characters I own are those of my own creation. Also thanks to PromisingGemini for helping me to get my plot ideas together and to help them make sense.

___________________________________________________________

"Looks like he did a lot more then meet some demons," whispered Tsuzuki.

"A lot more," muttered Hisoka.

"I am sorry I am late daddy," chirped the girl. "I tried to get here as soon as I could but momma was worried about me traveling alone; so I snuck out just so I can see you. Aren't you happy to see me!?"

"Okay, okay," said Tatsumi, unwinding her arms from around his neck and pulling back to take a good look at her.

The Shadow User froze and stared at the young female before him; she had light brown hair that had the same thickness has his own. Her pale skin was nearly transparent in color almost like Kumori's skin had been except the Albino Princess's skin had been translucent enough to see her veins at times. The young girl before him had the same color eyes has Kumori and that made him wonder where and how had this young female come about.

"So Tatsumi," began Tsuzuki slowly, breaking Tatsumi from his thoughts while a smirk formed on his face. "When did you get married?"

"I did not get married," snapped Tatsumi.

"I didn't know you had a girlfriend when you were alive," continued Tsuzuki.

"Look what I did when I was alive is in the past," said Tatsumi. "What is your name?"

"I am Shadou," chirped the girl.

"Who is your mother?" asked Genkai, frowning at the child.

"My mother," answered Shadou, not knowing that the older woman was asking for the name of the woman.

"She means, she wants the name of your mother," said Konoe, sweat dropping.

"Mamma," said Shadou, after all that had been what she had always called her mother why should she call her anything different?

"What was your mother's birth name," said Tsuzuki.

"Birth name?" asked Shadou, turning to look at her father. "What does he mean daddy?"

"He means what do other people call your mother Shadou-chan?" asked Genkai.

"No one else talks to my mamma," said Shadou.

"Why not?" asked Hisoka.

"Because," said Shadou. "There was no one but me and mamma."

"No one?" asked Tatsumi, feeling his heart slow down and wondering if she was talking about what he thought she was talking about.

"Yeap," said Shadou, cheerfully. "There is no one else but me and mamma and the darkness."

"Darkness?" whispered Tatsumi, feeling his heart pound in his chest.

"Yeah," said Shadou. "Mamma said it was our home. She doesn't like it there because it neutralizes her powers and prevents her from escaping."

"What exactly is your mother dear?" asked Konoe.

Shadou turned her attention to Konoe and looked at him while getting into his personal space. "Daddy?" she asked, turning her attention back to Tatsumi.

"Don't call me daddy."

"Is he my grandfather daddy?" she asked ignoring him and pointing at Konoe before turning to point at Genkai. "And is she my grandmother? And what about those other old men?" she asked pointing at Watari and Tsuzuki. "Are they my uncles? Is he my cousin?" she finished pointing at Hisoka.

The entire room went quite and stared at Shadou.

"I am not married to him!" snapped Genkai.

"I'm not old," said Tsuzuki, pouting slightly.

"I am not related to that idiot in anyway shape or form," stated Hisoka, monotonely pointing at Tsuzuki.

"Hey!" protested Tsuzuki.

"Well," said Tatsumi, coughing slightly. "They aren't really my family in the blood sense of the word; but, they are close enough. Now you young lady have some explaining to do. But that can wait after we get you washed and into some new clothes."

"There is something wrong with my clothes?" asked Shadou, looking down at her kimono.

"Well," began Tatsumi. "It is rather torn up and you look like you could use some new clothes. Hisoka would you be kind enough to ask Wakaba to come in here please?"

"Sure," said Hisoka, standing up and shrugging his shoulders before leaving the room heading to get Wakaba.

An hour later__________________________________________________

"I am a genius!" shouted Wakaba, leaping into the room and pulling Shadou out of the room and into the main office to show her off. Tatsumi looked up and saw the girl in a light pink sundress, with matching ribbons in her hair which had been trimmed an inch or two, and white flats. "Well boys?" asked Wakaba cheerfully. "What do you think?"

"You did good," said Tatsumi, sounding surprised. "I am impressed."

"I am not just good," smiled Wakaba. "I am a miracle worker of course, it helps to have something nice to work with. Well," said Wakaba, looking back and forth between father and daughter. "I think you two have some things to talk about. So, go into the meeting room and talk."

"I don't think," began Tatsumi.

"You don't want to talk to me Daddy?" asked Shadou, getting that look in her eyes that another woman he knew used to get in her eyes when she was upset but too scared to show it completely.

Tatsumi pursed his lips and walked to the short distant between them and ushered Shadou into the meeting room before the young girl started tearing up; he couldn't stand tears especially if they came from eyes that reminded him so much of Kumori.

"Did you get them?" asked Watari, when they were in the room.

"Of course," said Wakaba handing him a lock of hair she had saved from when she had trimmed Shadou's hair.

"Thank you Wakaba," said Watari.

"No problem."

Meeting Room_________________________________________________

"Daddy?" asked Shadou, taking a seat in one of the chairs and placing her hands folded in her lap with her ankles crossed.

"Don't call me daddy Shadou," said Tatsumi, holding his head in his hands.

"Daddy," said Shadou again. "Do you have a headache? Do you daddy?"

"Shadou," said Tatsumi sharply startling the young girl. "I am not your father, that is impossible for you to be the age you are and me to be your father."

"So you didn't love my mother?" whispered Shadou, her pale hands clenching at the skirt of her sundress.

Watari's Lab___________________________________________________

Warai pressed some buttons on his computer and looked into the microscope one more time before pressing a few more buttons to separate the DNA strands from Shadou's hair so he could discover who her parents were.

"Now that is interesting," said Watari, seating back in his chair. "Tatsumi is actually the girl's father. But how? That is impossible! Isn't it?" Watari frowned and pressed in a few more buttons on his keyboard and started working on the mother's sign of her DNA. His eyes widened when he saw something that he didn't expect at all. "What the hell?!" he shouted. "She isn't completely human! Then what the hell is she?!" Watari immediately, went back to trying to decode the mother's side of her DNA. "Oh my," he whispered, a few minutes when he finally accomplished it. "This can not be good."

Konoe's Office_________________________________________________

"Mr. Konoe, Mr. Konoe," said Watari barging into his office with the paperwork on Shadou's DNA.

"Watari what is it?" asked Konoe, has he and Genkai glanced up from the file they were going over.

"The girl, Shadou," said Watari, placing the paperwork before them. "She is Tatsumi's daughter."

"And?" asked Genkai, raising an eyebrow. "What else?"

"She isn't completely human, not on her mother's side at least."

"What do you mean?" asked Konoe, getting that feeling a person gets when they know that they are about to hear bad news.

"Her mother," said Watari. "Is a Shadow Demon."

TBC