Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Daughter of Shadows ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Daughter of Shadows 4
Author's Notes: I got this idea watching the "Tenchi Muyo: Daughter of Darkness" DVD. The only characters I own are those of my own creation. Also thanks to PromisingGemini for helping me to get my plot ideas together and to help them make sense.

___________________________________________________________ __

A day had passed since Shadou had first appeared and she was currently in the kitchen learning how to cook with Tsuzuki.

"Now," said Tsuzuki handing her a pit of water. "Take this and place it on that stove over there and turn the burner on by turning the knob that has the picture corresponding to the burner it is on."

"Uncle Tsuzuki?" asked Shadou, placing the pot on the stove and doing what he told her.

"Yes, Shadou?" he asked looking up from cutting the vegetables he had been cutting.

"Did my daddy love my mother? He never answered me when I asked him."

"Well," said Tsuzuki. "I never meet your parents when they were together; but I am sure that there must have been some feelings there if you had been the result of the encounter." Tsuzuki said smiling reassuringly at the young half breed child. `But how that happened and you still look sixteen is beyond me,' thought Tsuzuki.

"My mother loved my daddy," said Shadou happily. "Because, he was one of the very few people that treated her nice."

"What do you mean Shadou?" asked Tsuzuki.

"My mommy's daddy didn't like her because she didn't have the dark coloring that he and her mother had," answered Shadou, watching curiously has the water began to slowly bubble up and pop steadily speeding up.

"Didn't have the coloring of her parents," stated Tsuzuki softly, taking in Shadou almost as if he hoped the answer would come to him.
Oh," he said softly, when it finally dawned on him because he had taken note of the paleness of the girl and the odd light pink of her eyes. "Her mother was an Albino."

"Eek!" shrieked Shadou, jumping back when the pot began to boil; which caused some of her powers to leak from her body and cause the pot and a few others to explode. "Oops," said Shadou, when a glob of cookie dough fell from its place on the ceiling and landed on Tsuzuki's head.

"What just happened in here?" asked Tatsumi coming into the room and looking around at the mess his eye brow starting to twitch.

"Eep," said the young girl, seeking refuge behind the older male in the room.

"Shadou got scared when the pot began to boil," explained Tsuzuki. "She was trying to make you something."

Tatsumi looked behind Tsuzuki and saw Shadou staring at him with wide eyes of fear; he had seen those eyes before on another woman years ago when he had still been alive.

Flashback************************************************** ***

It had been a month since Kumori had come into their lives; she came and went disappearing to wherever her home was and returning again out of no where. Tatsumi's mom had grown rather fond of the young girl and was currently teaching the young woman to cook; he hoped she wasn't planning to try and hook them up. The last thing he needed at the moment was his mother to hook him up with another woman; although Tatsumi had to admit she was attractive.

He was currently in the front room while he listened to the sounds of pans and dishes clanging while the appealing smell of the cooking food made its way into the front room and caused Tatsumi's stomach to growl in hunger. He heard a startled yelp, coming from Kumori no doubt, then felt a slight surge of power followed by a rather loud explosion. He dashed into the kitchen and discovered that the food that had been meant for tonight's dinner was on every surface except the dinner plates. A soft plop sounded when part of the dinner landed on top of his head.

Tatsumi let out an irritated sigh when the food dripped onto the floor at his feet.

"I'm sorry!" rushed Kumori, grabbing a clean rag and trying to get most of the food from his hair. "I'm sorry! I'm sorry!"

Tatsumi's hands gripped her smaller one between them and gave her a reassuring smile before helping her and his mother clean up.

End of Flashback***********************************************

Even without Watari's DNA testing there would be no doubt in his mind who this girl's mother was. The only thing he would like to know is how the girl came into being and there was only one way to do that, he had to go to the source. He would go back to the small grove of trees today and would discover what was going on; somehow he would contact Kumori and get the answers he wanted.

"Tsuzuki-san," said Tatsumi, turning around to leave the kitchen area.

"What is it Tatsumi-san?" asked Tsuzuki.

"Do me a favor, I want you and Kurosaki to keep Shadou out of trouble until I figure this out."

"Daddy?"

"Shadou," said Tatsumi, not turning around. "No matter what you may think or what your mother has told you; I am not your father; that is an impossible notion."

Shadou blinked back tears when she watched the man she still thought of has her daddy leave the room.

Tatsumi sighed and continued down the hall but didn't get much farther then Watari's lab when he burst out into the hall and grabbed Tatsumi yanking him into the lab.

"Tatsumi-san," said Watari, holding up the file. "You are not going to believe this!"

"What is it?!" snapped Tatsumi. "I have to go somewhere."

"Shadou-chan," said Watari. "She really is your daughter!"

"What?!" gasped Tatsumi, his dark blue eyes going wide with shock. "But how? How is that possible?"

"Also," continued Watari. "Don't you find it odd that her eyes are the color of…"

"White Zinfandel," said Tatsumi softly, getting over the shock.

"Huh?"

"Her eyes, repeated Tatsumi. "They are the color of White Zinfandel wine."

Elsewhere__________________________________________________ ___

King Ater, sat upon his throne, his long glossy black hair was slicked back and in a braid that went an inch past his mid back, his dark brown eyes glinted dangerously when he considered what his messenger had just told him. He was over six feet and his tan skin rippled with muscles whenever he moved. He was a man that was obsessed with perfection from those around him. He expected it of his wife, his child, and his subjects; this had been the reason he had been disappointed in the lack of perfection in his daughter Kumori.

The girl's lack of perfection had been his punishment because her mother had been of low class. He snorted, he should have known that mating with someone from a lower class would be dangerous but he never realized it would be this much of a problem. His first and only child had been born a female and not only that she had not even been born a proper Shadow Demon; instead of the normal dark coloring for Shadow Demons she had been born with skin paler then alabaster stone, hair the color of pure, untouched snow, and eyes the color of fine White Zinfandel wine. Not even her powers had been normal Shadow Powers and instead they had the same lack of pigment that she had. The final straw had been when she had fallen in love with a Human Shadow User and turned down the only Shadow Demon Noble Ater had been able to find that was willing to mate with her.

His small brown eyes narrowed when he considered something; the guards told him they had sensed a new life force that had gotten stronger within twenty four hours inside his daughter's cell. He frowned and stood up disappearing only to reappear within her cell before her. He took in his daughter who was now naked and seemed somewhat worried about something.

"Does something trouble you daughter?" he asked.

"Father?!" gasped Kumori, getting to her feet and backing away from him.

"Come daughter," said Ater, holding his hand up towards her. "Tell me what you have been doing the past twenty four hours." Kumori gasped when shadows wrapped around her and lifted her to her feet and brought her over to him; taking hold of her head he dipped inside her head and saw everything. "You still love him! He is not a Shadow Demon! He is not even a Demon! Nor is he of royal blood and still you love him!"

"He is a good man father!"

"You had child by him and in an unnatural way!" roared the king, slapping her across the face. "But," he said slowly. "I could use this to my advantage. With a little incentive of course."

"Wha?" started Kumori before darkness filled her mind and her entire world went dark.

TBC