Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Exactitude ❯ Chapter 1

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
is just a little one-shot based on the Devil’s Trill arc, and my theory of what really happened.



Exactitude


Hisoka stood outside beneath the sakura trees, his hands in his pockets, his head down.

It had been a gruelling case and for the second time in his existence he had been nearly dismembered by a demon. (Not counting Muraki, who was still technically human.)

Thankfully, this time the demon hadn’t possessed his partner.

The blade and blood look lovely next to your pale skin.

He shuttered.

Okay, pushing away bad memories…

Tsuzuki was having problems getting over this case as well. Every time the amethyst eyed man visited him in the infirmary the rings under his eyes had been darker. Hisoka wondered if the man was getting any sleep at all, if his nightmares were as bad as Hisoka’s were, he doubted it.

Hisoka finally glanced up into the falling sakura petals and sighed. It was getting cooler, he should go in, but Watari had yet to release him and he was not anxious to return to the infirmary.

“You shouldn’t be out here, you haven’t recovered yet.”

Hisoka turned to see his partner and friend approaching him. He shrugged. “I needed some air.”

Tsuzuki stopped when he reached Hisoka’s side. “Are you ready to go back inside?”

Hisoka looked out at the horizon and the slowly setting sun. “No, not just yet, I’d like to stay here a little longer.”

“You look tired.”

Hisoka snorted. “Speak for yourself.”

Tsuzuki shot him a slightly sheepish grin. “Bad dreams?”

“You could say that”

Tsuzuki nodded. “Me too. This case brought back a lot of memories of what happened with Sagatanasu.”

Hisoka quirked an eyebrow at him.

“There’s something I wanted to ask you about that, but I just never seemed to get around to it.”

“What’s that?”

Tsuzuki turned around and leaned against a sakura tree, facing Hisoka.”

“When I was possessed, I was trapped in my mind…Sagatanasu was talking to me, the whole time. He told me I was weak, useless and hated. But then I saw Hijiri, he told me he loved me and I should come back.”

Tsuzuki leaned forward a little. “At the time I didn’t question what I saw. Just knowing someone, anyone accepted me for who I was gave me the incentive to fight back against the demon. But later, when I thought about it, I wondered how I could have seen Hijiri at all.”

Hisoka looked up at him. “Why?”

“Hijiri is a talented violinist, but he’s just human. He has no extraordinary powers, so how was he able to come into my mind?”

Hisoka smiled faintly. “Have you ever heard the expression ‘don’t look a gift horse in the mouth’? It happened, accept it. It turned out for the best after all.”

Tsuzuki’s eyes narrowed as he observed his younger partner. “Sometimes I think…”

“I’m ready to go inside now.” Hisoka interrupted him, turning back towards the building. He wasn’t ready for this, not yet, as he hadn’t been ready then, but he had known then what Tsuzuki had needed to hear.

Tsuzuki watched the young shinigami leave the shelter of the trees, thoughtfully. “He said he loved me.” He said to himself softly. Hisoka had already disguised himself as Hijiri once before, was it hard to imagine that he would have done so a second time?

I love you too.