Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Genie Magic ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Genie Magic

Author's Notes: Alright after the success *rolls eyes* of my first Yami no Matsuei story I decided to write another chapter story. Don't worry there will be no romance in this one, just a bunch of guys saving our butts and the entire planet from the Psycho Doctor. Anyways without further ado I do hope you actually enjoy this story.
_____________________________________________________________
Mara Selene was walking down an abandoned stone alley; on a cold autumn night. The crescent moon and the stars shone down upon her, they along with a few assorted flickering street lamps provided her only light. Her black flats and heavy breathing were the only sounds that broke the silence of the peaceful and still night. She let out of a soft sigh and ran a small hand through her short mop of brownish-red hair while her liquid-brown eyes surveyed her surroundings, watchful of anyone that might try to rob her, or worse. She pulled the black coat closer around her small curvaceous body and muttered a soft curse in Latin for wearing a short business skirt and a loose, thin blouse; instead of actually listening to her friend and wearing pants and a turtle neck to the night's gathering. She sighed her breath coming out in small puffs and hurried her footsteps slightly so that she wouldn't be in the cold much longer.

She froze suddenly in her steps a sense of dread trickling up her neck and causing the hair there to stand up on end, her confidence waning as a shiver ran up along her spine and grabbed at the silver pentacle hanging around her delicate neck. She glanced up at the moon in its maiden form and blinked as she watched a curtain of blood fall over its soft, gently light. She blinked again in surprise and the curtain of blood was gone. Her grip on the pentagram tightened until she could feel the circle digging into the skin of her palm and her knuckles became white. Deep in her gut she knew that someone was going to die a horrible death on this night; and in her mind's eye she could see the Egyptian God of the Dead, Anubis, prowling the streets.

"Lady," she whispered softly into the night sky her pale face tilted towards the moon. "Guide the soul of the one that is fated to die this night. Bring the soul into your loving arms and welcome the spirit into your home, the Summerland. Please Lord watch over me and give me strength to get through this night."

Selene kissed the pentacle before she continued down the alley, her small feet moving even more quickly along the stones. She had gone but a few feet when she heard another set of footsteps, somewhere within the alley. The young female paused and glanced around, searching for the source; once satisfied that the footsteps were no where near her, she set off again at an even quicker pace. She froze again under the dim light provided by a street lamp; she heard the footsteps coming closer to her. This time however, the footsteps were accented by a child's whimpering.

Mara Selene's melted chocolate eyes softened at the sight of the child rubbing her tired eyes, she could be no older than eight. The little girl came up to her hips and supported a tomboyish figure clothed in a dark green Chinese pants suit, her black hair had been tied into two buns that were covered with the same material as the suit and were secured with dark blue tassels, her blood red bangs hung in her slightly chubby face. When the small child looked up at Selene, she found herself looking into eyes that were as blue as the sky before the night falls.


"Why are you crying young one?" asked Selene gently crouching down so she could look the girl in the eyes. "Where are your parents? Why aren't you with them?"

"I'm lost," whimpered the little girl.

"Do you know where you live?"

"No," sobbed the girl, crying into her arms.

"Come on, don't cry" said Selene offering her hand to the small child. "Take my hand and I will take you to the Police Office so they can get in touch with your parents. Okay?"

"Okay," sniffled the girl taking the hand offered to her.

As they continued to walk down the alleyway Selene became well aware of the fact that the temperature seemed to have dropped. She noticed that the moon had been covered by dark clouds and that the lamp lights where starting to flicker, and the periods of darkness were starting to last longer and longer making Selene feel uneasy.

"Come on," said Selene hurrying her steps. "Let's move faster, we don't want to get caught out here tonight."

"Wait," said the girl stopping in her tracks.

"What is it?" asked Selene, stopping and looking down at her before glancing back up and around, her eyes looking for any sign of trouble.

"I'm really sorry, I really am," said the girl.

"What do you mean?" asked Selene, glancing back down at the girl.

"I hope you can forgive me," said the girl. "I am really sorry about this, really I am."

Before Selene could ask what the girl meant she felt a sharp pain in her chest and dropped to her knees, before falling onto her side. The young girl removed a black pearl orb from the sleeve of her Chinese tunic and placed it under the other female's mouth; a small pearly white wisp slipped from her lips and into the orb, causing it to lighten ever so slightly.

"Well done, Junko," said a man who remained partly hidden in the shadows.

"Thank you Master," said the little girl bowing in great respect as she put the orb back in her sleeve.

"That is enough for now," said Muraki walking back the way he came. "We don't want to be too suspicious, now do we?"

"Of course Master," said the girl following behind him at a few steps.

"Oh and Junko," said Muraki stopping in his tracks.

"Yes?"

Muraki didn't say anything; instead he threw a stuffed black cat at the girl's feet and continued walking, while the girl snatched it up and held it to her body tightly.
_____________________________________________________________< br> "We have a problem," said Konoe, taking a sip of tea. "The soulless bodies are starting to escalate at an alarming rate and there are no signs whatsoever on who is doing this. Tsuzuki, Hisoka I want you two to go down and check things out."
_____________________________________________________________
Author's Notes: Ironically the name of the Genie Muraki is controlling I believe is a Japanese name meaning "pure child"

Thanks to Lady Goddess Sephiroth, Promising Gemini for betaing the chapter

All the ideas I got for the names came from this site http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.html