Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Genie Magic ❯ Chapter 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Genie Magic 2

Author's Notes: Alright after the success *rolls eyes* of my first Yami no Matsuei story I decided to write another chapter story. Don't worry there will be no romance in this one, just a bunch of guys saving our butts and the entire planet from the Psycho Doctor. Anyways without further ado I do hope you actually enjoy this story.
_____________________________________________________________

Tsuzuki and Hisoka walked down the same alley the most recent girl to get her soul stolen had walked. The alley way had been blocked off by police ribbon evidently the local law enforcement had decided to get involved finally. The scent of death was lingering where her body had at one time lay. Tsuzuki could still remember the picture of the girl staring up at him from the computer screen, her eyes wide, blank, and empty. He had felt a wave of pity for that empty doll of a girl along with a firm resolve to find out who was doing this and stop them from taking any other girls' souls.

"Can you sense anything?" asked Tsuzuki, stuffing his hands into the pockets of his trench coat and turning to look at his partner.

"Not yet," said Hisoka, glancing around the alleyway searching for any signs of what had happened.


The sun shone brightly down on the partners, making the alleyway seem less menacing then it had the night before. The autumn air was rich with spices and tousled their hair slightly. The sound of their shoes on the ground and the wind whistling between the abandoned houses and their cracks were the only things that broke the occasional silence that fell between them.

Tsuzuki was walking around the alley, still trying to search for something, anything that would help them discover what had happened to the girl. He heard the clink of metal and looked down to see his shoe stepping on a silver chain; lifting his foot away he saw a silver pentacle attached to a silver chain. He bent down to lift it up and looked towards Hisoka.

"Hey, Hisoka?"

"What is it Tsuzuki?" asked Hisoka, turning to look at his partner.

"What do you make of this?" asked Tsuzuki, tossing the pentagram at him.

Hisoka caught the pentagram and looked at it without interest. "It's a pentagram," said Hisoka, blankly turning back to his partner. "So what?"

"You know?" said Tsuzuki slowly. "A pentacle is considered to be one of the more well known symbols of a Wicca or a Witch; it is supposed to symbolize the Elements: Fire, Water, Earth, Air, and Spirit. Do you think it belongs to the girl?"

"Hey!" shouted a new voice. "What are you two doing here?! You are not allowed in this area."

The two males looked over their shoulders and saw a woman with cropped black hair and onyx eyes coming towards them. She was wearing dark blue pants, a white button up blouse, a leather jacket, and her feet were covered by comfortable steel toed combat boots.

"Well?" she demanded, her hands on her hips.

"Oh," said Tsuzuki, trying to think of an answer.

"We are here from another Police Department," said Hisoka in a rather bored tone. "Our district has had the same problems with young women dieing for no apparent reason."

"What district?" asked the woman bluntly.

"Kyoto," said Hisoka just as bluntly.

"Oh them," said the female, waving her hand and rolling her eyes. "They never tell us when they are sending one of their teams into the field."

"So," said Tsuzuki slowly. "What do you know so far, Mrs.?"

"Miss," said the woman bowing slightly. "Miss. Katana, don't ask it was my grandfather's idea, he was drunk at the time. He was always drinking something, it eventually killed him."

"Killed in a Drunk Driving Accident?" asked Tsuzuki sympathetically.

"No," said Katana. "He drank Clorox."

"Oh," said Tsuzuki slowly. "Anyways…"

"Well," said Katana, holding her hand out for the pentacle Hisoka was holding, which he eventually gave up. "This as I am sure you know is a pentacle and I am sure you know of the connection between them and the Wiccans? Good. Every girl that this has happened to have all been Wiccans, we believe that they might even be from the same coven however, that is still in debt."

"Are you sure?" asked Hisoka, staring at the charm as it dangled from Katana's hand and twirled in circles in the wind.

"Well, we are pretty sure because all the women have a tattoo on their backs in between their shoulder blades."

"Do you mind if we look at them?" asked Tsuzuki.

"Guess it wouldn't hurt," said the woman, walking towards her 1999 Taurus. "Come on get in and I will take you to the station house and show you the snapshots of the tattoos."

The two males pilled into the car behind the woman and she maneuvered the car down the street towards the station house. Once there she led them into her office where she removed her coat and tossed it on a wooden chair in the corner.

"Have a seat gentlemen," said the girl, sitting behind the desk with her back to the window. "May I get you anything?"

Tsuzuki shook his head and took the time in between walking through the door and taking a seat to take in his surroundings. The back wall was mainly taken up by a rather large window, to their right stood filing cabinets neatly lined with in a row and a coat rack, to which after a nod of permission he hung his trench coat on. Behind him on the wall he came in on hung a picture of a woman dressed in silvery robes standing beneath the full moon and to the left there were stands on which stood plants. Her desk stood in the middle of the room and was organized with her paper work stacked in neat piles, and her computer stood near the edge of her desk with it's printer on a stand next to the desk. She had a leather office chair and two comfortable chairs seating opposite of her in which he and Hisoka sat while she rummaged through the drawers in her desk pulling out a manila envelope.

"Here," she said tossing them an envelope and leaning back in her chair propping her feet up on the desk. "Those are pictures of the tattoos that the girls have, they are all the same and there seems to be a connection between them and some sect of the Wiccan Religion."

Tsuzuki pulled out the pictures and handed half to Hisoka and examined the tattoos on each girl. Katana was right, there did seem to be a similarity between them, aside from the slight variations the design was the same: a Celtic Cross intertwined with what looked like to be a triple moon design of a full moon in the middle with crescent moons on the sides pointing in opposite directions.

"Do you have any idea what sect it is?" asked Hisoka not bothering to look up from the pictures.

"No," said the woman shaking her head. "We don't have a damn clue."

Meanwhile__________________________________________________ __

The Shinigami were typing at their computers doing research for their own personal cases when all of their computers began to blink; when they cleared there was a light green screen and words began to appear in yellow as their keyboards moved as if invisible hands were typing a message.

`Broken souls stolen in the night, shattered dreams, and faded images haunt the Wise Ones and anger them. Stolen by a frightened child ensnared in her enslavement to an Angel of Death, the gates tremble with the desire to be open and the Lord of Dark Dreams and Visions yearns for the feel of the sun and the wind.'

TBC

______________________________________________ _______________
Author's Notes: Yes, I did name her after a sword.

Thanks to Lady Goddess Sephiroth, Promising Gemini for betaing the chapter

All the ideas I got for the names came from this site: http://www.behindthename.com/nmc/jap.html

Information on the Pentagram came from here:
http://www.angelfire.com/id/robpurvis/pentagram.html