Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Genie Magic ❯ Chapter 3 ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Genie Magic 3

Author's Notes: Alright after the success *rolls eyes* of my first Yami no Matsuei story I decided to write another chapter story. Don't worry there will be no romance in this one, just a bunch of guys saving our butts and the entire planet from the Psycho Doctor. Anyways without further ado I do hope you actually enjoy this story.
_____________________________________________________________
Tatsumi was sitting in a chair made of dark wood with a leather cushion and backing in the lobby waiting for Tsuzuki and Hisoka when the two partners arrived at their hotel. He had been waiting there for what had seemed like hours, when actually it was more like ten minutes.

"Tatsumi," said Tsuzuki, blinking in surprise at seeing his old partner in the lobby with a leather briefcase. "What are you doing here?"

"There has been a sudden development, you could say, in the case you two are working on," said Tatsumi, pushing his glasses up his nose and standing up to face them. "Let's talk more about this in the hotel room. Shall we? Tsuzuki? Kurosaki?"

"Right," said Tsuzuki, looking around wearily at the group of fan girls that was starting to form in the lobby with little hearts in their eyes. "Come on lets go."

"Good idea," muttered Tatsumi, becoming very nervous around the crowd of girls that seemed to be multiplying. "They might start drooling at any minute now."

Hisoka just nodded briefly before he and Tsuzuki lead the way towards their hotel room, with Tatsumi following close behind. The moment the three Shinigami entered the hotel room and got comfortable: Tsuzuki on one of the beds, Hisoka on a chair near the window and Tatsumi at a desk; while he placed his briefcase on the desk and opened it and began to explain his presence.

"It happened around one o'clock this afternoon," said Tatsumi, pulling a sheet from the leather briefcase he had brought with him. "Something started happening with the computers."

"All of them?" asked Hisoka, raising a delicate eyebrow.

"Indeed," said Tatsumi, nodding his head at the youngest Shinigami in the room.

"What?" asked Tsuzuki, surprised at this information wondering how that happened.

"The computers went on the fritz and then they came back on their own," said Tatsumi, handing each of them a sheet. "This message was typed on the computers. We have no idea where it came from."

"Broken souls stolen in the night," began Tsuzuki, reading the words slowly. "Shattered dreams, and faded images haunt the Wise Ones and anger them. Stolen by a frightened child ensnared in her enslavement to an Angel of Death, the gates tremble with the desire to be open and the Lord of Dark Dreams and Visions yearns for the feel of the sun and the wind. What the hell does that mean?"

"We are currently working on translating all of it," said Tatsumi, pulling out two more sheets and handing them to the two males. "We have however, managed to the first few lines of it so far."

"Broken souls stolen in the night translates too," began Tsuzuki in a hushed whisper.

"The girls' stolen souls," continued Hisoka, his eyes skimming over the paper once more before reading on. "Shattered dreams, and faded images haunt the Wise Ones and anger them equals the girls can no longer live out their dreams and can no longer be reincarnated which disturbs the regular cycle of life and death angering the Almighty One and his Angels. What exactly is the regular Cycle of Life?"

"You know the usual," said Tsuzuki, cheerfully waving his hand around in the air. "You're born, you die, you're born again, you die again, you're born again."

"Evidently it is believed by several religions that reincarnation exists," said Tatsumi, interrupting Tsuzuki.

"Oh," said Hisoka. "That explains the cycle of life being disturbed."

"Exactly," said Tatsumi standing up and snapping his briefcase closed. "Now I will take my leave of you, don't worry I will keep you up to date on translations of the message."

With that Tatsumi disappeared from the hotel room leaving Hisoka and Tsuzuki to ponder the massage and part of the translation.

"Am I the only one of us that as a feeling this deals with the Great War?" asked Hisoka dryly, falling back on his bed.

Tsuzuki didn't answer instead he looked out the window and began to think about when he first learned of the Great War and the Scared Sword that Hisoka wielded from the Miko Priestesses of the Ryujin Shrine.

`They were threatening to destroy our home and our heritage!' shouted the voice of the oldest Priestess, Okibi, in his mind. `If they had been allowed then all hell would break loose. We guard the sacred sword that resides somewhere on this land, we can not risk it falling into the wrong hands!'

`What sacred sword?' asked Tsuzuki's voice in his mind

`The sword that has the power to kill anything immortal, it was forged by the god Hephaetus. The sword can kill anyone even the Almighty One.'

`Why was it created?'

`No one really knows the true reason for it being created, though it is believed it was created for a Great War that is coming in the very near future.

`What war?'

`It is rumored that there is a great war the creatures of hell will declare war on everything. They will declare war on Heaven, Earth, Makai, Reikai, they even mean to declare war on the Shinigami.'

`They are insane; they would not be able to win.'

`They are immortal and they want the sword to prevent it from being reproduced later on and to use it for themselves to kill Angels. They say that Lucifer will greatly reward the Demon that brings him the sword.'


The voices of the past slowly faded and he was brought back to the present by Hisoka's voice.

"Tsuzuki," said Hisoka again his eye starting to twitch. "Damn it, Tsuzuki will you pay attention!"

"Oh sorry Hisoka," said Tsuzuki grinning sheepishly at his younger and more irate partner. "What were you saying?"

"I was asking what you wanted to do for dinner," said Hisoka in an annoyed voice.

"Dinner!" shouted Tsuzuki going into his puppy form.

Hisoka rolled his eyes and held his head in his hand shaking it as Tsuzuki began ranting about the different foods they could eat.

"Why me?" asked Hisoka. "Why me?"

The Next Day__________________________________________________

"Well," said Katana in her Police Station with Hisoka and Tsuzuki on the way to her office. "We have finally discovered the name of a coven."

"Really," said Tsuzuki, following the female down the winding corridors. "What is it?"

"It is called The Celtic Moon Coven," said the woman, turning down the final corridor to her office.

"How did you come by this information?" asked Tsuzuki, as they entered into the office.

Tsuzuki and Hisoka stopped in the door when a young woman that looked to be between them in age stood up. She looked to be about Hisoka's height and she had dark brown hair that brushed against her shoulders and her terrified green eyes stared at them from under dark purple bangs. She was wearing a red and purple plaid skirt that fell an inch above her knees and a dark purple pheasant shirt, and white socks with dark boots.

"This young woman has promised to help us in the investigation in anyway she can but she wishes to remain unknown," said Katana placing a hand on the girl's shoulder.

"My name is Aki," said the girl, brushing her bangs from her eyes.

"Okay Miss. Aki," said Tsuzuki, walking into the room with Hisoka and shutting the door. "How is it you know the name of the coven?"

"I am a member of the coven," said Aki.

"That is a very dangerous thing to do," said Tsuzuki. "Isn't it forbidden for a member of the coven to reveal anything to someone outside the coven?"

"I know," said Aki softly, her eyes misting over and her head bending down in despair. "But the safety of my coven is more important then whether or not I will be exiled from the coven."

"Well," said Katana. "Call me an optimist but if all goes well no one will find out."

"Miss. Katana," said Tsuzuki.

"Huh?"

"You're an optimistic."

"Oh thanks," laughed Katana.

"So, what should we do now?" asked Hisoka.

"Well the first thing I would suggest," said Katana taking a seat at her desk and pulling out a notepad. "Why not go somewhere, where we won't be bothered and make a list of the coven members and anything you can think that might be important starting with their birthdates."

"Okay," said Aki, playing with her hair. "We, we can go to my place."

The moment they entered Aki's apartment a black cat leapt gracefully into her arms and nuzzled her neck affectionately as if it knew exactly what its mistress needed. The black cat looked like it had been into a pretty bad fight at some point because it was missing part of its right ear and its left eye was closed.

"Hey baby," said the young female walking into the apartment to let the other three could come in. "Hey Salem."

Aki lead them to her kitchen where they gathered around her table and Katana pulled out her tablet while Aki made tea for everyone.

"Now," said Katana. "Let's start with their real names and their birthdates. We will divide this into two sections one for the victims and the other one for the ones that have yet to be a victim."

Aki told them the real names of the victims and then told their birthdates, before telling the real names of the coven members that have yet to become a victim and their birthdates, along with her name and birth date.

"Now," began Katana before Tsuzuki interrupted her.

"Wait," said Tsuzuki. "There seems to be a pattern in the victims and their birthdays."

"He is right," said Hisoka.

Katana frowned and nodded putting the victims in order by their birth date. "You were right Mr. Tsuzuki," said the female. "The victims have been murdered in the same order that their birth dates have fallen according to their month and date."

"All we have to figure out next is who the next victim will be," said Tsuzuki.

Tsuzuki, Hisoka, and Katana bent over the table and looked at the notebook before glancing up at Aki.

"What?"

Aki's two bedroom apartment would allow for the three of them to sleep in shifts; while one was asleep the other two would stay up and guard the girl. She slept in her bedroom with her black cat curled up at her feet; Katana knew this because she had just checked in on them. So far it was midnight and the night was quiet with the moon slightly fuller then it had been the night before. She was passing the hallway in between the wall and living room, while Tsuzuki sat on the couch playing solitaire. The only sound was the soft tapping of Katana's feet and the dripping faucet.

"I hate waiting," said Katana softly.

"Don't we all," said Tsuzuki looking up from his cards.

"I don't think he will come," said Katana.

"What makes you say that," said Tsuzuki staring at the woman.

"He never attacks them in their homes," said Katana plopping down on a chair. "He always attacked them in the alley."

"You never know," said Tsuzuki going back to his cards. "He might change his MO."

"I know," said Katana, she opened her mouth to say something else when they heard a scream from the alley below the apartment. "Damn it!" she shouted, grabbing her gun and slipping out onto the fire escape just as Hisoka and Aki ran into the hall.

"Stay here," said Tsuzuki to Hisoka and Aki running after Katana.

Tsuzuki leapt off of the fire escape from the first floor and ran alongside Katana to the source of the scream; there they saw a young girl wearing a long white dress and a knee length white leather jacket and white pumps. Her blonde hair was in a messy braid and her eyes stared up at the midnight sky, the silver pentacle necklace resting on the ground beside her neck.

"Hey you stop!" shouted Katana, to the retreating figure in the shadows. The figure paid no attention to her and just kept walking. "I said stop!" shouted Katana firing her gun once. "Damn it," hissed Katana running into the shadows after them.

Tsuzuki crouched down next to the fallen figure and closed her eyes guilt setting in for not preventing this from happening.

"I couldn't catch them," said Katana coming back into the alley.

"Detective," said Aki from the fire escape where Hisoka was next to her. "I called it in for you!"

"Thank you," said Katana up to the young girl. "Go back inside both of you!" Tsuzuki and Katana waited for them to go back inside. "When they get back we will find out who this girl is and if she is from the same coven. I expect she is but if she is then why was she killed before Aki?"

"Maybe the murder as changed his MO," said Tsuzuki standing up.

"Maybe," said Aki. "We'll look at the list when we get her ID and find out where she falls into place into all this."

Tsuzuki nodded his head and they waited in silence for the force to get here.
_____________________________________________________________
Auth or's Notes: As always Thanks to Lady Goddess Sephiroth and PromisingGemini for betaing the chapter