Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Genie Magic ❯ Chapter 4 ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Genie Magic 4

Author's Notes: Alright after the success *rolls eyes* of my first Yami no Matsuei story I decided to write another chapter story. Don't worry there will be no romance in this one, just a bunch of guys saving our butts and the entire planet from the Psycho Doctor. Anyways without further ado I do hope you actually enjoy this story.
_____________________________________________________________

The three of them: Tsuzuki, Hisoka, and Katana were gathered around Aki's dinning room table; the young girl was fast asleep on the couch and would be so for awhile now thanks to the doctor's sleeping pill. The wooden table top was covered with photos of the dead girls and the notes they had come up with so far. Katana had put on a fresh pot of coffee and tea an hour ago and both pots were already over half gone. The Detective was resting her tired head in her hand which was propped up on the table; her other hand was running through her messy hair while she examined the birthday chart before her.

"Well," she said, crumbling the paper and tossing it behind her. "I guess that idea is null and void. Damn it all to hell!"

"Well," said Tsuzuki, getting up and picking up the paper smoothing out the wrinkles slightly. "Why don't we try and find out the new MO that way we can work on saving the next victim?"

"Alright," said Katana, pouring herself a new cup of coffee. "Let's list the dead girls and beside them list everything we know about them."

"Akemi Akio, Emi Gina, Amya Arata, Mara Selene, and finally Aya Cho," said Katana, leaning back in her chair and sipping at the cup of coffee while Tsuzuki wrote down the names. "Now write down their birthdates this time don't forget to include the year."

"Why?" asked Tsuzuki, jotting it down. "Did you think of something?"

"Yes," said Katana, staring at the wall. "I think we were right about the birth date theory; but perhaps we were going about it all the wrong way. Perhaps instead of just going by the month and day he or she is going by the year as well."

"That is probably the MO of the killer," said Hisoka nodding his head. "But why is he going after this coven?"

"Maybe he was wronged by a member of the coven and is trying to make her coven pay for it," said Tsuzuki thoughtfully.

"That is possible," said Katana, getting to her feet and pacing the length of the dinning room. "But, there is only one problem with that."

"What?"

"How would he know about the coven and her involvement with it?" asked Katana, pausing briefly to consider an option. "Unless of course, he stalked her after she wronged him."

"True," sighed Tsuzuki sighing. "I guess we are back to square one."

"Not really," said Hisoka. "We found out the new MO he is killing the coven off according to their age instead of month and day of their birthday."

"This time Aki isn't the next victim but a girl named Hoshi Jin," said Tsuzuki. "When Aki wakes up we should have her call her friend."

"We promised Aki she would remain anonymous," said Katana. "But I guess by now it would be pointless; they probably already know she is the one doing it."

Tsuzuki opened his mouth to comment when the phone rang and the three of them turned to stare at the phone. A soft thud came from the front room and they watched as Aki staggered across their view and picked up the phone.

"Hello," she said, yawning into the phone rubbing the sleep from her eyes. "Yes," said Aki, suddenly wide awake and alert. "She's gone missing? Do you know where she went? Maybe she had a prophetic dream again…. Yes, yes, I understand, I.." Aki was cut off by the doorbell. "I got to go someone is at the door. Yes, of course I will keep an eye out for her. I'm coming, I'm coming," said Aki, as she hung up the phone and hurried towards the door. "Yes? Hoshi! What on earth are you doing here sweetie?"

"I had a vision," said Hoshi, walking into the hall.

"Wha?"

"I had it while doing my daily meditations before spell casting," said Hoshi, while Aki shut the door.

"Um Hoshi," began Aki, trying to stop her from speaking anymore as they walked through the halls.

"Aren't you listening Aki, I have to tell you about my vision!"

"Hoshi really now isn't a good time," tried Aki again.

"Aki listen!" persisted Hoshi before noticing the visitors in the kitchen. "Oh."

Tsuzuki and the other two bolted up right and listened intently to the conversation the two females were having with each other. They watched the hallway and waited for this Hoshi girl to show herself; so they could get a good look at the next victim of the killer. They didn't have to wait long because pretty soon a young woman perhaps an inch shorter then Aki walked into view a purse slung across her body and a backpack oh her back. Her brown hair had been streaked with hot pink feel to just below her shoulder blades and her green eyes widened when she saw them staring at her. She wore tan cargo pants that clung to her hips and waist and a faded forest green tank top, she also wore brown cowboy boots.

"Um hi," said Hoshi, trying to cover up her nervousness. "You guys heard me didn't you?"

The three in the kitchen nodded briefly and Hoshi immediately started to panic.

"Oh shit, oh shit, oh shit," she chanted, heading towards the door. "Um I gotta go now."

"No, wait!" shouted Tsuzuki, jumping to his feet and following Aki after the distraught girl.

"Hoshi," said Aki, wrapping her arms around Hoshi's waist and pulling her back into the hall. "It's okay, they are friends."

"So," said Hoshi slowly. "They know you are a….?"

"Yes," said Aki. "They know."

"Oh okay then. But why are they here?"

"Because," said Tsuzuki. "At one time we believed that your friend would be the next victim; but we were wrong."

"We now believe that the next victim is someone else," said Katana. "Hoshi we would like for you to stay here for the night so we can watch over both of you."

"Um okay," said Hoshi slowly. Hoshi was no fool, she knew what was going on and why they had asked her to stay behind; they thought the next victim would be her. But they were wrong, she wouldn't be the next victim; she would die eventually, for she had seen death reaching out to embrace her. But it would not be this night that she would die, someone else would die and she had to make sure that they understood that. "But I am not destined to die tonight," she said, shaking her head. "Someone else is going to die tonight."

"I understand you are afraid," said Katana, mistaking Hoshi to be afraid of death. "But we will protect you."

"No, you don't understand!" snapped Hoshi, slamming her foot down on the ground, hoping to get through to them. "I'm not the one who will die tonight!"

"That's enough," said Katana, walking behind the girl and pressing a pressure point on the girl's neck to knock her out.

"Was that really necessary?" asked Tsuzuki, taking the girl from Katana and placing her on the couch.

"I don't think she would have stayed with us otherwise," said Katana shrugging her shoulders. "Besides this will make it easier to keep track of her with her passed out like this."

"I think this borders along the lines of kidnapping," commented Aki dryly.

"Probably," agreed Katana, plopping down on a chair and closing her eyes.

"But you are in law enforcement!" protested Aki.

"Your point?" asked Katana, propping one eye open to look at the younger girl.

"You're supposed to be SAVING people from kidnappers not KIDNAPPING them!" exclaimed Aki, waving her hands in the air above her head.

"Don't sweat the small stuff honey," said Katana yawning. "Only do that with the big stuff."

"Look," said Aki, disappearing into her room and returning with her purse. "I have to go to the store; does anyone want anything?"

Tsuzuki opened his mouth to request a long list of sweets but Hisoka cut him off, saying that they didn't need anything and Katana nodded in agreement. Katana shut her eyes and drifted off into a light sleep, her ears open for any sound out of the ordinary. Hisoka and Tsuzuki took a cue from her and closed their eyes as well. They had been up all night and had hardly eaten anything their bodies need them to shut down before their bodies shut themselves down. So they shut their bodies down on their own and slowly the clock ticked away the hours and the sun slowly moved across the sky until the sky was the pink of dawn.

Dawn________________________________________________________

Katana was pacing the floor of the apartment. Aki had been gone for far too long and they were starting to get worried about the young Wiccan.

"Where could she be?" Katana asked for the tenth time since she had woken up five minutes ago.

"Maybe the store she went to was a long time away," suggested Tsuzuki trying to brighten up the mood.

"Nice try Tsuzuki," said Katana, going back to her pacing.

"I told you," said Hoshi. "I am not the one that is destined to die tonight. It is Aki that will die tonight."

Before anyone could say anything else they could hear sirens coming from the alleyway; muttering a curse Katana started running towards the door with Tsuzuki and the others not far behind.

"I told you," said Hoshi, trying to fight back the tears but not succeeding as she watched the ambulance take the lifeless body of her sister witch away. "Death can not denied it can only be fulfilled."

"Do you not weep for your friend?" asked Tsuzuki while watching Katana trade notes with the officer that had answered the distress call.

"I saw her death in my visions," said Hoshi, wiping away some of her tears. "I wept for her then when I saw death reaching for her as one would reach for a lover."

Katana sighed and ran her hands through her mop of hair. The young female would need to stay with someone until this whole thing had blown over; besides her gifts as a seer could be useful in trying to stop the person doing the killing.

"Hoshi," said Katana sharply. "Where do you live?"

"A few blocks from here," said Hoshi softly, her eyes trained on the floor and on her feet. "Why do you ask?"

"I am going to escort you to your home and you are going to pack some things and you will stay with me at my apartment until this is all worked out," said Katana, not adding the fact that she was worried that the girl would be next. With all these other coven members were dropping dead it would only be a matter of time before they were all killed. "And then you are going to call the rest of the members from your coven and tell them all to go into hiding. I think however, that you might be of help to us with your visions."

"I will do what I can," said Hoshi, nodding her head and standing up. "My sisters deserve justice and I want to help bring the killer to justice."

"Good," said Katana smiling slightly. "Good."

Hoshi said nothing else, instead she grabbed her things and picked up the black cat that had once belonged to Aki; she took one more look around the apartment before heading out into the hall. She and the members of the coven would return when this nightmare had ended and sort through the belongings of their sisters and then send them to their families. That is if they all survived the ordeal.

Hotel room____________________________________________________

Hisoka stood beneath the spray of the water running his hands through his hair to get the shampoo from his hair. He sighed and pressed his forehead against the tiles of the shower stall; the hot water didn't help to chase the chill from his bones. The girl, Hoshi, had seemed so lost but she didn't seem to show outward appearance of hurt or pain; yet on the inside she had been torn up. She was in the woman's care now and the four of them would meet for breakfast the next morning. He wasn't pleased with working with them but still so far the female detective had been of great help.

Sighing, Hisoka turned the water off and grabbed a towel from the nearby rack wrapping it around his waist and stepping out into the foggy interior of the bathroom. He frowned when he felt a sudden chill race down his spine; he felt a sadness within the room and looked to the source someone or something was writing onto the steamed mirror.

`Lost within the dark abyss she waits patiently for Death's loving kiss; forgotten by him once before he will remember her at Hope's door.'

Hisoka stared at it and quickly burned it into his memory before it faded away and the mirror was completely fogged over again. He blinked and muttered a curse under his breath leaving and calling for his partner.

Ministry_________________________________________________ _____

Tatsumi sighed and pushed up his glasses; he had finally gotten around to interpreting the rest of the rest of the message that had appeared on the computers the other day. He looked down at his notes once more making sure he hadn't missed anything.

`Stolen by a frightened child ensnared in her enslavement to an Angel of Death = A girl was being controlled by Muraki. The gates tremble with the desire to be open = the gates of Hell are slowly preparing to be opened. Lord of Dark Dreams and Visions yearns for the feel of the sun and the wind = Lucifer desires to be released from hell.'

Getting to his feet, Tatsumi gathered his material and hurried out. He had to deliver this to Tsuzuki and Kurosaki quickly. They couldn't afford to waste any time, not now.

_____________________________________________________________
Author's Notes: Thanks to Winged who gave me some advice on some conversation. Another thanks to Lady Goddess Sephiroth and PromisingGemini for betaing the chapter