Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Genie Magic ❯ Chapter 5 ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Genie Magic 5

Author's Notes: Alright after the success *rolls eyes* of my first Yami no Matsuei story I decided to write another chapter story. Don't worry there will be no romance in this one, just a bunch of guys saving our butts and the entire planet from the Psycho Doctor. Anyways without further ado I do hope you actually enjoy this story.
_____________________________________________________________

Katana stared up at the ceiling looking up at it from her position on the couch the young girl. Hoshi was asleep in the detective's bedroom. Breathing a sigh Katana rolled over onto her side and stared at the wall, her onyx eyes trained on the collection of swords she had been collecting through the years; they were arranged on her wall according to how old they were. The one on the top had been the first sword she had ever received and had been a gift from her father when she was fifteen. Sighing again she got to her feet and walked over to the wall of swords, her bare feet barely making a sound has she walked across the wooden floor.

The female detective removed the sword from its peg and pulled it from its colorful sheath. She extended the blade away from her towards the kitchen window; the medal glinting against the moonlight. She pulled it back into her and so the sword was vertical in front of her face. This sword had been a gift to her from her father on her wedding day. Twisting the sword so she was looking at herself from the reflection given off by the medal; she allowed herself to remember a time when she had felt this distraught and powerless. It had taken place five hundred years ago when the man she had been married too had attacked her and the infant child, their infant child.

Five Hundred Years Ago_________________________________________

Katana clutched the baby to her its face cradled between her neck and her kimono clad shoulder. The dark blue kimono she wore barely protected her from the cold and snow that blew into the broken window of the modest sized house that she shared with her husband. She scooted into the corner and pulled her legs up to give her and the baby better protection from the infuriated man before her.

"A daughter!" he shouted. "A daughter! I wanted a son and you give me a daughter!"

"How could I have had control over the gender of the child I would have given birth too?" asked Katana.

"I will not have that child in my house!"

"Why not? She is perfect and doesn't have any flaws on her! The midwife said she was happy!"

"I will not have a girl that is first born of my blood under my roof! She is not worthy to be the heir to my family pride!"

"I will not let you take my child away from me!"

"Then you will die with her!" shouted the man, raising the blade above his head and slicing it downward.

Screaming, Katana lunged to the side and rolled to her feet running for the door as fast as she could; she collapsed onto the ground when he threw a knife at her and caused it to catch on her kimono catching against the wooden floor. She grabbed the dagger and quickly shortened the kimono skirt giving her feet more room; she got to her feet and kicked off the wooden shoes running for the door trying to ignore the bitter cold that nipped at the skin of her bare legs. She dashed out into the cold and across the snow the wet cold soaking through the white material covering her feet as she ran for the barn.

Katana quickly bridled one of the horses and with ease swung herself onto the horse still clutching her baby to her; grabbed the reins she kicked the horse into movement and the horse reared slightly and then set off at a gallop rushing past her angered husband and into the dark snow covered woods.

Present____________________________________________________ ___

Katana turned off the shower stall and wrapped a white towel around her body; she stepped from the stall and into the bathroom. She stopped for awhile to gather her clothes into her arms and then straightened up and then before she had even taken a complete step she slipped and lost her balance slamming into the mirror of the vanity above the sink slicing her arm open a little. She lay there on the floor trying to catch her breath and stop the blood flow; the cut wasn't deep and wouldn't need stitches it would just need peroxide and gauze not to mention pain killers and she would be fine. Finally when her breathing came easier she slowly sat up and leaned against the sink cabinets. She closed her eyes and slowly began to push herself up and into a standing position; however, something caused her to look down and she watched as she saw words form in the small puddle of blood that stood out against the pure white tile floor.

`Trapped within the void of midnight's kiss wishing for salvation; the wishes of her master must be obeyed and has the sins tatter and stain her soul she follows his orders without complaint.'

Grabbing a hand towel she knelt and wiped up the blood tossing it into the trash bin beside the toilet and then headed out into the bedroom to change. She heard something crashing and grabbed her gun from it upholster running into the other bedroom hoping to bust the intruder in his or her tracks and end the case here and now. However, the only thing she saw was the lifeless corpse of Hoshi and her daughter, Junko in the room.

"Junko!" she cried in surprise. The girl turned and looked at her mother, Junko's eyes lit up before seemingly loosing their light and she disappeared. "Oh, Junko, what have you gotten into?"

TBC

______________________________________________ _______________
Author's Notes: Thanks to Lady Goddess Sephiroth and PromisingGemini for betaing.