Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter One ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter One
 
I was weak. I knew I was. My legs were like jelly and my eyes were heavy. Here I was, this deteriorated, helpless kitten, laying out on the cold wet pavement of the dark and stinky alleyway. My wet tan fur was stuck to my cold, shivering body. It was raining, as you could probably tell. I hated the rain, water in particular. But all cats hate water, so I'm just rambling. I don't expect you to care anyway. I don't even see why you're reading this.
 
I was alone. I've always been alone for as far as I could remember. No one cares about me. Why should they? I was just another runt of the litter. Nothing but something to use once and then throw away. I feel helpless and weak. But all the same, I can tell no human has ever cared for me. For some strange reason, I can feel their emotions without even looking at them. I feel disgust and annoyance, hatred and coldness. I suppose being able to feel their emotions makes me a demon kitten.
 
The rain had quickened it's pace as it fell, coming down in huge drops. Mercilessly. I crawled around in the alleyway, trying to find a dry place to stay as I shivered in the cold midday air. I was completely soaked, so I guess it didn't matter. I stayed out in the rain, head hung low, my emerald green eyes closed as I felt grief well up inside me. I was cursed and unwanted, hated and unneeded. Why do I exist in the world if no cares?
 
I found myself on all four legs again, walking out of the alleyway. What the hell am I doing? I slipped in a puddle that sent me hurling into the street. I felt dizzy and my paws gave out from under me, making me slam onto even harder pavement, that of the street. My throat was burning and my eyes stung. I tried to pull myself up, but I was too weak. I curse loudly in my mind. I can't hear anything. I can't see anything. I can't feel anything…
 
My head throbs. Pain echoes in my ears. It's cold. I'm tired, too tired to live anymore… just kill me now… end my pain… I don't hear the loud horn of the car speeding towards me, I don't hear anything but the pounding blood in my ears. But what happened next amazed me.
 
In a split second, I was scooped up by someone- I didn't know who- and the car sped away in the other direction. A soft panting reached my ears and I weakly opened my eyes to see who it was. My small, feeble emerald eyes met another set of eyes. The color was… the only word for those eyes was… beautiful. A soft shade of amethyst like none I had ever seen before. A fair face, tan skin, and chocolate brown hair with long bangs that hung over his eyes. I didn't recall much after that. My consciousness was stolen from me and I slipped into the hands of darkness.
 
But I vaguely remember the human running his fingers along the side of my furry face. He didn't actually do that, did he? And if he did… then why? Why did he do it? Why did he save me?
 
Darkness.
 
Damn, I'm weak.