Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Two ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Two
 
Warmth. It was scary for me to wake up to. I had never felt it before. Even the summer days were cold and dreary. But this warmth… this new found feeling… actually scared me. But I opened my eyes all the same. They were met with a ceiling. I was in some form of bedroom, on a soft, cozy bed. The walls were painted a cool shade of green and the ceiling was blue/gray. The floor was hard wood, polished and the blinds over the windows were closed only slightly, so the evening sunset wouldn't bother me. I became aware that I was under a nice, thick blanket, wrapped up in a loose bundle. I found out that I could hardly move. My head was spinning and my eyes began to un-focus.
 
“Hey, you awake, little guy?”
 
A voice so innocent and caring. I turned my head slightly to the side and saw the man from before. He was wearing a dark blue bathrobe and had a tower around his neck, catching the water that dripped from his brown hair. His sparkling purple eyes regarded me curiously and the look seemed to cradle me carefully. I felt the curiosity, the care, and the warmth being projecting out of his mind and towards me. He smiled softly and walked up to me.
 
On instinct, I backed away, got caught on a tangle of the blanket, and buried myself under it. No, I WASN'T hiding! I WASN'T scared!
 
 
Okay, so I was. Sue me. But I had been stepped on so many times, what would you expect? That I'd just suddenly open up to anyone? NO!
 
I heard the footsteps stop in front of the bed. I began to shake. He was going to hurt me, I just know it. He was going to think I was a disgusting runt and he'll throw me away, just like everyone else…
 
The blanket was pulled away slowly, showing the human's face to me. His features were set into a curious look, lips slightly parted, slightly frowned. His eyes were full of foreign concern. I inched away from him, but soon found myself pressed against the wall that the bed was pressed up against. Here I was, a shaking, frightened little cat. I admit I was scared out of my mind.
 
But this man just smiled down at me and slowly, carefully put his hands around my shaking form. Then, he held me with one hand and pulled the blanket up to my chin with the other.
 
“You shouldn't move,” he said in a soft, almost quiet voice. “You have quite a fever and you got a cold from the rain earlier. Stay in bed.”
 
I didn't want to stay in bed. I wanted to run. Run far away from this man. I can't trust him. I can't trust anyone! Trust no one but myself! But then… would this sudden kindness vanish like a wisp of smoke? I couldn't believe this was happening, this person who seemed to have come out of nowhere, who was gentle with me and smiled at me, who showed me kindness when no one else would, who was holding me with utmost care right now, who was looking at me with gorgeous sparkling amethyst eyes. But who was he?
 
I was feeling dizzy again, so I allowed him to place me gently on the bed again and wrap me up. I watched his every movement carefully. He went into another room and came back a moment later with a bowl of cold water with ice and a small, and I mean SMALL washcloth. He dipped the washcloth in the icy water and then gently wrung it out, placing it on my forehead. He showed so much care for a pathetic demonic creature like me… Why?
 
He placed the bowl of water on a table next to the bed. My tired green eyes stared at him, but soon, my eyelids felt heavy and I was trying my hardest to fight off the darkness of death. The human reassured me by running one of his fingers against my tiny front right leg that happened to be sticking out of the blanket. It was a soft touch, gentle and comforting. But through that touch, I felt the human's emotions. Not my demonic powers again! I cursed inwardly to myself.
 
But my powers revealed deep pain and sadness, guilt for being alive, loneliness, grief, and emotional scars that could never possibly be healed. How long had he carried this anguish and regret? Sensing his emotions sent a slight shiver through my tiny frame. The human noticed and tilted his head slightly at me, curious, wondering what was wrong. I closed my eyes and tried to relax and concentrate on anything but this guy's emotions. It was too painful…
 
I passed out from the emotions, that much I knew. But the only thing that bothered me was the fact that the human was still by me, still stroking my fur with gentle strokes and pets. Why did he do that? Why…?