Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Three ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Three
 
My eyes opened once more as the bright light of the morning sun peeked through the blinds over the window. My emerald eyes adjusted quickly to the bright light and I blinked, looking around. I pulled myself into a sitting position, glancing at everything in the room. My eyes were drawn to a chair next to the bed. Sitting in it was the same human from before. My eyes widened.
 
`I can't believe it… He stayed up all night just for me?'
 
I remembered yesterday, when the car had been speeding towards me and I didn't' have any strength to move. My small body remembered being caught carefully in warm hands and picked up, pulled to a firm chest, and flipped over, away from the danger in the street.
 
`He even risked his own life for me…'
 
He could've died because of me. And still, he chose to save me and take me in, nurse me back to health, make sure I was all right. He gave me much more than others ever would. Nearly giving his life for mine… he… who was he?
 
And so I sat there, simply looking at him. I was slightly amused at his figure in the chair. He was covered in a blanket, still in his robe, his messy brown hair long since dried. His head was tilted back only a little bit and he was snoring softly. His snore was… cute. Oh my God, I did NOT just say that word! I did, didn't I? That sucks. I must be going soft. Ah, well. It WAS cute. And he looked so peaceful…
 
I thought back to the guilt I had felt radiating from him, as well as the sadness and loneliness. He had seemed so nice to me and he seemed happy, so why was he lonely? I felt one of my ears twitch as I tried to hear if there was anyone else in the house. I didn't feel any other emotions, nor any noises coming from any other room in the house. The only spiritual residue I could sense anywhere in the house belonged only to him, the human next to the bed, asleep in a chair.
 
So, he WAS alone. My eyes softened, glazed over in understanding. He was alone, just like me. No wonder he was lonely. And his guilt for existing… did others push him around, too? What was so strange about him? He seemed normal to me… save for his amethyst eyes of which I had never seen before, at least, not in human eyes…his emotions were more human than anything else I'd ever felt… He couldn't possibly be anything other than human, as far as I could see.
 
He snorted a bit in his sleep and I smiled in amusement. He was funny, this guy, I'll admit that much. My smile faded, however, when I realized that he had a strange aura around him. I couldn't quite place it, but it made me feel sad. I reached out mentally and gently probed his mind. He didn't even have shields up. I reached into his mind and looked for the source of his wild emotions. I had to be careful, though, or I would damage him permanently. I couldn't do that.
 
Pain, fear, shock, surprise, guilt, loneliness, misery, sadness, sorrow, terror, desolation, lost…………
 
The emotions suddenly hit me on with full force, causing me to shake. I pulled out of his mind as quickly as I could. I inhaled and exhaled as slowly as I could, trying to even out my breathing. Never before had I felt that in one being… He had deep wounds. He was in pain, his heart was open and yet, his soul was closed. It was unknown territory. Why did he hide all of his pain?
 
I began to feel drawn towards this human. I wanted to know the source of his pain. He must've been hiding it for a long time. It seemed… cowardly… He must have his reasons for doing it. But what could they possibly be? What is going on in that mind of his?
 
I lifted my head as he stirred. He yawned a little, then blinked, opening his eyes. Amethyst shone in the morning sun, making me have to catch my breath. He looked at me sleepily, as if he didn`t have any idea who or what I was. Then he blinked again and I noticed his eyes were merely focusing. I let out a small inaudible sigh.
 
The human smiled at me and cocked his head at me. “And how long have you been up?”
 
I mewed out something and blinked, tilting my head back a bit. He found that to be cute and he patted my head. I flinched at the touch and he noticed. He leaned in close, looking at me, then to his hand. I looked down. I couldn't meet his eyes for some reason. But I felt his intense gaze soften and he carefully put his hands around my tiny form, lifting me up off the bed.
 
He put me on his lap, bundling me up again in the blanket. I turned my head to look up at him. He looked down at me, still smiling. He then proceeded to pet me, running his fingers through my sensitive tan fur. I didn't mean it, but a small purr escaped my throat. It felt… good to be pet by him. I stretched out a little and put my head on my front paws. Why did I just do that?
 
While one of his hands pet my from my neck to my back, I felt his other hand's fingers run slowly and thoughtfully across my head, as if looking for something. After a minute, he stopped and said, “Your fever has gone down since last night. That's good. But you don't seem to have a bumps or a bruise on your head and you don`t seem to be scared of me. Huh… I wonder why you flinched, then…”
 
I felt guilt well up inside of me. I WAS scared. Hasn't he realized yet that I wasn't used being given kindness by others? Probably not. I closed my eyes and tried to relax. I felt his hand on my back again, slow stroking movements, tangling his fingers in my fur, scratching my ears. My ears seemed to like being scratched a lot and it felt good.
 
The human looked down at me and said, “My name's Tsuzuki. Do you have a name?”
 
I lifted up my head and arched my neck, meeting his eyes. My own were shining and I felt a burning sensation behind them. Oh, no! There is absolutely NO WAY I'm gonna cry in front of this guy! NO WAY!
 
Tsuzuki seemed to understand and he carefully picked me up, holding me to his eye level. “You don't have a name, do you? You're a little wanderer…”
 
His eyes were apologetic and saddened slightly, before beginning to look thoughtful. He cradled me in his arms and I was on my back, looking up at him as he looked up at the ceiling, thinking, then looking down at me from time to time. He looked me in the eyes as his own told of mystery and thoughtfulness.
 
“I don't what to call you… let's see… you're quite a little guy, and I don't know much about you. How about I call you…”
 
He trailed off, as if searching his mind for something good. He seemed to settle on something his smile widened.
 
He looked down at me, happy and joyful as he whispered to me, “I'll call you Hisoka. The kanji for that means `secret'. Fits you well, ne? Cause you're a little mystery to me.”