Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Four ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Four
 
Tsuzuki took me out into his backyard later that day. It was really nice. It was fairly large, with bushes of roses all across the yard like a border. A small section in the upper right corner were for sunflowers, while the upper left corner held lilies and daises. The lower right corner had lilacs and the lower left corner had patio furniture: a table and a pair of chairs (so two chairs). There were various trees scattered here and there. My favorite one, and I knew it was my favorite right away, was a large Japanese oak tree right smack dab in the middle of the backyard, surrounded by the grass of the lawn. It was stunningly beautiful.
 
Tsuzuki set me down on the small patio and smiled, “Now don't go outside this yard, okay? We don't' want you to get lost.”
 
I rolled my eyes. Of course not…
 
Tsuzuki noticed and winked, “I don't wanna have to go looking for you.”
 
Under my ashen blonde fur, I blushed a deep crimson as the heat rose to my cheeks. Would he quit teasing me already! Hey, a butterfly. Wow. That was random. Tsuzuki straightened and walked back into his house, saying, “I'll just get us something to eat! Hope you like cake!”
 
He disappeared inside the house, so I was left sitting on the patio by the table and chairs. I let out a small sigh and stretched before jumping up and curling up on one of the chair seats, closing my eyes. Ah, well, he said he'd be right back. Might as well just wait for him. I huffed out another sigh. I was already bored out of my mind.
 
Something tickled my nose and I opened my eyes. I couldn't see it, but I knew that something was on my nose. I sneezed. Hard. The thing left, then landed again. I hissed. WTF was on my nose?! I crossed my eyes to try and see it. It was…
 
 
a butterfly. I groaned in annoyance. Stupid insect. I lifted a paw to brush it away, but it eluded me and landed on my nose again. Why you little---! I hissed again and jumped, trying to catch the thing in midair. It flew just an inch from my paws. I landed on my four legs again and began to chase the butterfly. It was teasing me, I could feel it in its emotions. I continued to chase after it and, as a result, got stuck in the rosebushes. OW!! Damn thorns!
 
I clawed my way out of the thorns and roses, landing in the soft, slightly wet grass. I looked at my injured paw and licked it. It hurt like hell! I looked up and the butterfly was floating just a few centimeters above me. Stupid damn insect! I crouched down and jumped after it again, barely missing it. It floated towards the sunflowers and I followed, fully intent on giving that annoying insect a piece of my mind. It landed on a low leaf, just high enough for me to reach it.
 
I crouched down low again, creeping towards the patch of sunflowers, being as silent as possible so I wouldn't scare the butterfly away. In a way, I liked this game of me chasing the butterfly, but there were just times when patience ran out. My ran out five seconds ago. I pounced. And, of course, missed. Damn…
 
The butterfly floated towards the patch of lilacs and landed on the darkest one, one that was a deep shade of purple. Beautiful flower, in my opinion. I did the same thing as before: crouched low, crawled slyly. This time, I nearly caught it. I was filled with enthusiasm and near happiness when my paw brushed against one of the wings. I let out a short laugh, coming out as a mew, but I was still laughing. This was actually… fun. It was actually enjoyable. I was quite surprised, I can tell you that.
 
I was chasing the thing for about, eh… fifteen more minutes before it finally flew away from me. Serves you right, you annoying excuse for an insect! I huffed out a small sigh and thought back to what I had just done. I must've looked like an idiot!! Good thing no one saw… right?
 
I glanced around and stopped at the back doorway. My mouth dropped open slightly and I froze, my emerald eyes wide. There, standing in the doorway, was Tsuzuki, hands behind his back, a small kind smile gracing his lips. How long had he been standing there?! I noticed that there was a set of plates on the table, but they were forgotten by us, Tsuzuki because he was looking at me and me because I was looking at him. It was an awkward silence. What was he gonna do?
 
To my utter surprise, all he did was walk towards me, kneel down in front of me and pat my head while closing his eyes, still smiling. Then, he opened his eyes and looked at me in kindness again. “I see you had something to do while I was gone, didn't you? Hopefully you didn't hurt the butterfly, right?”
 
I just stared at him. He picked me up and carried me back over to the table, setting me down on it. I watched him with my large emerald eyes as he sat down in a chair next to the table and pushed a plate of triangle shaped brown stuff to me. I sniffed it carefully. It smelled… sweet and rich. I looked back up at Tsuzuki as he took a bit of his own serving of the stuff, chewing it happily. Well, if it was safe for him. I took a bite of mine.
 
My senses went wild! The rich stuff sweetened up my taste buds and drove them over the edge. It was delicious! I'd never tasted this kind of stuff before. It felt spongy-like on my tongue, but the sweet and incredible taste made me take another bite of the stuff. Not bad for human food. Wonder what it was called…
 
I heard Tsuzuki chuckle. “I see you like cake?”
 
Cake? That's what it was called? Weird name for food. But it was fine. I nodded my head before going back to eating a few more bites before my stomach was full of the stuff. I let out a yawn after I flopped down on all fours, rolling onto my back and closing my eyes in content. That was good… life was good…
 
Then, out of nowhere, something tickled my stomach and I let out a mew-laugh (Something between a meow and a laugh) and lifted one of my paws to brush it away. I heard Tsuzuki laugh himself and I opened my eyes. His finger was hovering just above me. So it was him! I hissed at Tsuzuki, but all he did was chuckle and attack my stomach again.
 
I laughed again. For some reason, I liked this. I lid it when he played with me and tickled me. It made me feel ten times better than I ever had been. I'm so glad he found me. But even through my laughter and his sight amusement and happiness, I could still sense great pain and deep wounds. I noticed there was a watch on his wrist that was attached to the hand tickling me.
 
I escaped his tickling for a minute to get a good look at it. Yeah, a watch on his right wrist. He must be left handed. Then, I watched as he stood up and walked back inside with the two empty plates. I followed him inside and simply watched his movements. What I saw next surprised me.
 
He had put the plates in the sink, then gone to get a piece of paper and pen. He began to write, but not with his left hand. He was writing with his right hand. That made no sense. Why would he wear a watch on his right wrist then? I cocked my head to the left, thinking. He had to be hiding something under that wrist. That could be the only explanation. But what in the world could he possibly hide under than thin of a watchband?
 
My eyes grew wide. Did he cut himself? I had heard of people who slit their wrist when I was still surviving in the alleyway. A few people who passed by were talking about it. They had said that people who cut their wrist were depressed and didn't want to live anymore.
 
One of the persons said that some even go as far as to slit their throat as well. But there wasn't any wound on Tsuzuki's throat.
 
Another one of the person who passed by my alleyway also said that some even went as low as to hide it behind a mask of happiness. Is that was Tsuzuki was doing? Was he hiding all of his pain behind a facade? Did he slit his wrists in the first place, though? I narrowed me eyes and straightened. I need to find out. I want to help him. I want to help him like he helped me. And it was going to be tonight.