Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Five ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Five
 
The evening descended upon our house quickly and silently, creeping into the house and displaying shadows that reflecting any dim lighting that was turned on. I watched Tsuzuki carefully through the rest of the day, remembering each of his movements and memorizing them. I could tell with his body language that he was in pain, but when he noticed me staring at him, he simply smiled and playfully teased me. I didn't mind, really. You know, whatever makes him happy.
 
Nightfall came quickly as Tsuzuki jumped (I mean, literally jumped) into his bed, pulling up the covers. He was wearing matching blue pajama top and bottom. He looked at me as I sat patiently on the hardwood floor, watching him again. He beckoned me up on the bed, saying, “Come on, it's cozy up here.”
 
It was all the invitation I needed. I clambered up on the bed, using my claws to reach the top and I snuggled into his pillow. Tsuzuki chuckled, grinning slightly as he turned off the bedside table lamp. I pretended to have fallen asleep as I waited in silence for Tsuzuki to fall asleep. Before he did, however, he whispered a small good night to me and placed his hand on me for a moment, then pulled away. He yawned and lifted his right wrist on the pillow, downside cast upwards. In minutes, he was asleep. He must have been tired. I took note of his wrist cast upwards in the soft moonlight. He had just made things easier for me.
 
As quietly as I could, I uncurled myself from the ball I had earlier placed myself in and padded over to his right wrist. I knew how to undo a watch buckle. Shows how smart of a kitten I am. I tugged at the overlapped band with my teeth as gently as possible as to not wake Tsuzuki up. With a few firm tugs, I was able to get it out from under the second overlapping band. The hardest part was next.
 
I used my paws and teeth together to accomplish this. With my teeth, I pulled back the band carefully and used my paws to push down on the first band, keeping it held down as the piece of metal came loose and released the overlapped band. The watched itself came loose. I used my nose to nudge the band away and the watch fell off completely.
 
I sat down, closing my eyes, trying to mentally prepare myself for what I may see. But when I opened my eyes, what I saw I could never have been prepared for. There were three scars on his wrist, each almost too close together to be separate. Judging by the pale skin contrasted to rest of his skin tone, they had been under the watch for years, if not, decades. He had slashed his wrist three times and those cuts were very deep. They looked so old, too.
 
But why did he do it? Was it because he was alone? Did no one care for him? Did he live in a hellhole like I had? The poor guy…
 
I knelt down next to his wrist and my tongue darted out, licking it gently. For what reason I did that, I don't know. But I hope it helped in some way. I feel bad for Tsuzuki. He was in deep pain and he had tried to die. I wish I was human. Then I would comfort him like he had done to me, I would take care of him like he took care of me.
 
I bowed my head, allowing a few tears to fall from my eyes and hit his scarred wrist.
 
Tsuzuki…
 
I'm sorry. I'm sorry for not being able to help you, I'm sorry for not being human to comfort you, I'm sorry for not being able to take care of you… I'm sorry.
 
~Who can say when the roads meet,
That love might be in your heart?
And who can say when the day sleeps
If the night keeps all your heart?
Night keeps all your heart..... ~
 
-Enya, “Only Time”
 
A/N: Okay, I apologize for the short chapter, but I promise to make them longer! Oh, and the lyrics at the end is what I was listening to when I wrote this. Please review!