Yami No Matsuei Fan Fiction ❯ Kitty Hisoka ❯ Chapter Six ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Kitty Hisoka
Chapter Six
 
The morning came quickly, much to my surprise. I was up before Tsuzuki and simply watched him as he slept. The first rays of the morning sun poke through his blinds, shining over his face. It was almost angelic, come to think of it.
 
The golden rays beaming on a slightly tan face, making it brighten as his brown hair shimmered slightly with every slight movement of his head. He looked carefree and innocent. When he opened his eyes, God, they were breathtaking.
 
Amethyst jewels twinkling in slight sleepiness and innocence, they sparkled in the golden earthly light as though polished. They were too supernatural to be real, yet they were real. So beautiful…
 
The gorgeous amethyst gems blinked and one of Tsuzuki's hands came up, rubbing the sleepiness out of them. I sat quite still as he sat up, yawning and stretching. He looked down at me as I meowed. He smiled and patted my head with his right hand. That's when he noticed his watch was off. He looked at me, suspicious.
 
I put on a little innocent act and meowed softly, yawning, before looking up with my sparkling emerald eyes. He seemed to take the bait and said, “Yeah, you couldn't have removed my watch. I must've done it in my sleep. Stupid me, eh?”
 
I meowed at him again, inwardly smiling, but also inwardly saddened. His cheerfulness seemed so fake now that I knew the truth. Tsuzuki replaced his watch over his scars, tightening it and buckling it safely. He looked at me then and whispered, “I'm gonna take a shower, okay? Don't go anywhere.”
 
I meowed again. Like I would! Where did I have to go? Tsuzuki poked my stomach again, forcing me on my back and I let out my cat-like laugh as he tickled me with his finger. He did this for a minute or two before stopping so I could catch my breath. But when I looked up at him, he didn't seem all that happy. He was looking at his right wrist, deep in thought, a pained expression crossing over his face.
 
I padded over to him, settling in his lap, looking up at him in curiosity, meowing softly. He snapped out of it then and gazed down at me. I tilted my head and looked into his eyes, trying to find some answer for my unspoken question. His eyes told me all that I had suspected was true, all in one second, and his emotions went flying into me. I sneezed.
 
He petted me again, stroking the soft fur on my face. I leaned into his touch, enjoying the gentle contact. He picked me up a second later and placed me on the bed as he stood up. I watched as he went into the bathroom, closing the door but a crack behind him, leaving me alone in his room.
 
I stretched out lazily on the bed, not knowing what else to do. I closed my eyes and breathed out softly. I rolled over on my back, then onto my side. I craned my neck, effectively cracking it in the process, and it had hurt, but in a minute, it would feel good. I cracked it again, and once more, before I settled on the bed.
 
I was just about to relax again when a full onslaught of pain slammed into me, making my small body jerk. I pushed myself back up to my four legs and looked around, wondering where it was coming from, but I already knew the answer. The bathroom. Tsuzuki…
 
I jumped down from the bed and ran to the bathroom. The emotion got stronger as I neared the door. I squeezed in through the crack carefully, and entered the steaming bathroom. The shower was going, but I could hardly see a figure beyond the curtain. I meowed as loud as I could, but against the shower's raining water, I bet it wasn't heard. I tried again, but it was in vain.
 
Now I was just being stupid. I noticed a stool by the bathtub which was connected to the shower and I hopped up on it, the first step, then the second step. I was soon on the top step, slightly overlooking the tub itself. There! Inside the curtain, curled up on the floor of the tub, wrapped in what I guessed to be a towel, lay Tsuzuki, quivering. I heard a small whimper come from him and my heart nearly cracked. I couldn't let him stay like this!
 
I did the stupidest thing ever. I jumped off the stool, flying towards the tub, and I hit the curtain, sliding down and hitting the inch deep water on my side. Man, I hate water. And that fall hurt like hell! I got back up to my feet and turned around, scampering over to where Tsuzuki lay shaking. I mewed softly in his ear, my tongue darting out once to lick it. Damn my inability to communicate!
 
He opened his eyes and looked at me, at my now soaked body, at my desperate kitty expression, at my pleading as eyes. He didn't seem to understand this time. Also, I guessed that most of the water on his face wasn't from the shower. I mewed softly again and licked his nose, sitting down next to him, shivering slightly. Even though the shower water was warm, I was a kitten, so it felt cold to me, and I didn't like it at all. I believe I already mentioned that.
 
Tsuzuki looked at me, sitting up, the towel still around him. I climbed up his legs and into his lap, staring up at him with pleading emerald irises, hoping to get the message through to him. Now, he seemed to know what I was getting at and his expression changed to surprise and curiosity.
 
“How did you know get in here?”
 
That's beside the point! Why are you crying? Why don't you tell me about your pain? Why did you try and die? Why do you tear yourself up like this?
 
I looked at him, then realized that he took off his wristwatch. It probably wasn't waterproof. And it was so close to me. I leaned over and licked one of the scars on his wrist, earning a slight shudder and shocked look. I looked at him innocently. He had figured it out, so I knew it wouldn't help to pull an act, but he needed comfort! He looked at me closely and whispered, almost inaudibly, “So you really DID remove my watch, didn't you? You know, then…”
 
He trailed away, looking slightly saddened. I looked up at him, but couldn't meet his eyes through his dark bangs. But I knew he was crying again,. I could smell the salt in the water trickling down his cheeks. Did I hurt him? Oh, shit, I didn't want to do that! I looked up helplessly, hoping to capture his eyes, but with his head bowed down like that, I couldn't see the amethyst I was looking for.
 
So, ever so gently, I got on my back legs, putting my front paws on his chest. I leaned up and licked away one of the tears, then another one, and then one more. Tsuzuki seemed surprised at my movement, but he relaxed and let me continue what I was doing. His tears finally stopped and I leaned back down, but not before nuzzling his cheek.
 
He picked me up in his hands gently, pulling me up to meet his eyes. They were still sad, but there was a small light in them. A light of hope. I mewed and nuzzled his cheek again. I was able to hear him murmur, “So soft…”
 
I licked his cheek again, and he pulled me away ever so slightly. I gently laid my head against his, projecting comfort as best I could. I had forgotten about the water from the shower and perhaps, so did Tsuzuki. But he was in pain and water was the least of our worries. After another few long minutes, he said, “Thank you, Hisoka…”
 
I simply meowed. He looked at me carefully and asked, “Do you hate me now?”
 
Of course not! Why would I? I shook my head and licked his cheek again. He smiled a true, bright smile at me and whispered, Thank you.”
 
~Give it all away…
Just to have somewhere to go to…
Give it all away…
To have someone to come home to…~
 
-Linkin Park, “My December”